🌑 Laohu - 5* Holy / Yellow from Lunar New Year

Yes, I agree. This Passive is super powerful and will hurt old favourites. If you stick one of the Lunars on the wing, you shut down some of the games most powerful Heroes, new and old. My LotL is pointless against these Heroes. Bera, who is so important to some for stopping the Minion gods, won’t work.

I’m surprised and as I wrote in the post, slightly dubious that this Passive remains as is.

3 Likes

I love how these Chinese zodiac animals (so technically Chinese heroes) screwed over the Chinese heroes. Because you know, more than half of the Chinese roster summons minions

6 Likes

Sounds like hot nerf material - only that it is not a defensive hero and pull rates are so low that it’ll not become a staple in every roster. These 2 should prevent it from getting nerfed but you never know.

5 Likes

Just played against him in the event with my Diachan and Xiahou Dun team, while the minion meat shield is still there, their dispel / buff steal become mute. Does feel like it should have been a % chance rather than guaranteed each turn.

1 Like

29 eht’s and I pulled laohu, definitely got lucky. Leveling now to counter waterpipe.

5 Likes

Zynga needs to manage and minimise minion dominance in current defences.

Yes, they created this problem.
Now they can’t nerf the current problem children and they probably realised that Sorrow will add to the problem.

MM baby-nerf round 1 done.
Waterpipe is a MI hero. The portal is not even launched. They haven’t made enough money from him.
Sorrow is still in beta. She hasn’t earned a dime yet.

What is more important to Zynga is that players must continue to spend money. No resting on laurels.

So they release counters to shake up the meta just as current meta looks like it’s settling down. To keep things “interesting” and profitable.

Will both tiger and bunny get nerfed ?
Unlikely for Passive
Their specials are not fantastic.

Boosted health is only 2x. I don’t see an issue with Tiger. Heal block does the trick.
Bunny needs cleaner or ailment blocker.

All Zynga wants is for players to reduce reliance on minions for their go to teams.

Once they do that, then the Pengi problem goes away too. Isn’t that wonderful ?

Two new heroes literally shuts down one segment of heroes, reducing them back to what they started out as: meatshields basically.

Minion removers will still be needed. So Zynga smiles at the income yet to be earned.

What’s not to like with this managed situation, from Zynga’s perspective.

Now if the top tier band together to not use these 2 heroes, won’t Zynga’s plans be thwarted ?! :thinking:

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

What her name means before: that she gives sorrow to her opponents
What her name means now: crying herself to sleep everytime she sees this rabbit and tiger.
Axed even before she goes live, she’ll not see too much top 100 play

2 Likes

Are they lower than the chances of pulling either M&M or Alucard? Wondering because I felt like they were low, but still see them in many defenses. Maybe it’s bc players can get them through EHT. Halloween portal was definitely more attractive though given the “consolation prize heroes” (like Matilda, Francine, victor etc) were still very good, and not just season 1.

Let me fix that for you:

All Zynga wants is to make an entire large block of heroes useless so that players are forced to pay through the nose buying new heroes to replace those that were made obsolete.

Given the typical player reaction to the Xnolphod nerf, which was done for basically the same reason, they are hoping that they can slip this less-direct method of mass nerfing past the players and get away with it without receiving as much pushback.

And, as a bonus, they have also taken the opportunity to supplement their “increase the cost, decrease the odds” experimentation with the worst portal odds yet to further expand the limit of what whales will put up with as they bleed them dry.

“And how has this been received?”
“Very well. Very well, indeed.”
“Excellent! Move the ratchet another notch.”

4 Likes

Fully agreed!
This is just the most ridiculous and lazy passive ever. Hey, let’#s give this cash cow a new passive that obliterates 40% of this game’s heroes to become meatshields without a function. Great idea! But let us reduce the chances to get anything out of this portal by a larger margin than usual. And btw: It is ridiculous that Erlang is not in this. WTF?

I still wouldn’t mind pulling the tiger. From what I’ve seen in raids so far they don’t stay alive long enough to fulfill their own promises. Or they should definitely not be used as defensive heros.

4 Likes

There are Heroes that in same way disable a big segment of heroes. A few examples

Hell at average; 3 heroes, more or less 99% of any kind, don’t gain mana. A few heroes will resist. We will see heroes that resist the passive of Lunar.

Emilio; disable all heroes that put status effects on you. Probably 30-40% of all heroes

Silence; you can’t fire at all

And so on and so on. What ever heroes you have, it is a matter of time before there is an anti-hero to that.

Ps. I am so far boycotting Lunar for other reasons , but facts are fact.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

Yes, but you have to match tiles and collect enough mana to fire her first. The Lunar heroes defeat all minion heroes without you having to lift a finger.

Yes, but you have match tiles and collect enough mana to fire him first. The Lunar heroes defeat all minion heroes without you having to lift a finger.

Yes, but you have to match tiles and collect enough mana to put silence on the other team. The Lunar heroes defeat all minion heroes without you having to lift a finger.

Are you seeing a pattern yet, one that might elucidate the actual issue people don’t like?

Yes, hero counters are necessary and good. But it is key that you should have to match tiles and collect enough mana to fire them and benefit from the counter-skill.

A hard counter where no mana is needed to neutralize entire large groups heroes completely is the issue. That’s the complaint. Not that minion heroes are neutralized, but rather that they are completely neutralized without having to do anything. If the passive were part of the skill, or even just changed to “this happens when skill fires and lasts for X turns”, I doubt people would be losing their minds over it. In fact, such a change was almost unanimously requested by beta testers.

Nobody I know of is boycotting because of the heroes’ passives. If anyone is boycotting, it is more likely due to the portal odds.

But yes, facts are facts: you should have to do at least something minimal to get a benefit, something more than just exist. Otherwise it’s not a game. It’s just a pissing contest to see who can waste the most money. I mean, it kind of already was, but does SG really have to make it so ridiculously obvious?

1 Like

I understand your point as well. Maybe the different between our points is that I am not surprised :wink:

The business model is and has been so. At least last 12 months, to give with one hand and take away with the other hand. So we continue to upgrade. There are still players that compare S1 heroes with new and arguing that the new ones are OP. They expect that what you got 4-5 years go still should be competitive.
Since minions have been one of the big thing they have pumped out, it is a fresh punch in the face.

I am not surprised if they nerf these slightly, although very low chance to get them and being more offensive heroes than defensive. But I will be surprised if they don’t give out some kind if anti-Lunar heroes.

Happy gaming

So is this “Disable Minion Abilities” on for the entire battle. Not X turns?

Just bring this hero and all opponents minions do nothing but take damage for the whole time? How did this ever get released?!?

Yes. It’s a passive. It’s infinite. Even if hero dies during battle.

1 Like

If laohu dies during battle.The passive is gone.

7 Likes

Hmm those last two responses are conflicting. Can anyone with this hero confirm if the passive remains active even if the hero is dead?

Just tested against Lady of the Lake and can confirm the passive goes away when the Lunar hero dies.

6 Likes

Hmmm… this passive is finite then. Good to know. Just need to take him out first if possible.

1 Like