Language translation

In one of my other games, there is a button that can be pressed that translates the original language to that of the original players chosen language. I think this would allow our alliances to have more inclusion. Is this feasible?

Try changing the game language:

and/or the in-game chat language:

What I mean is that if someone is a native Japanese speaker, he can write in Japanese. I can then hit a button to auto translate it to English…my language. We can therefore be in an alliance together and understand each other much more easily than we would now.

I see. Nice feature. I doubt if it can be done on a mobile game though.

I am sure it is a challenge…I am not sure what all would be needed, but that is from a phone app game.

1 Like

Wowzers… unfortunately, SG may not be invested on the in-game chat. Fact of the matter is, players in a certain country don’t have global chat even. But that would be a cool add on in the game. Would love to see that.

Presumably it could hook in to the google translate API. It would mean that the game uses slightly more data. Not sure if Google requires payment for that service, though.

The solution that works for us is moving communication off the in-game chat. I mentioned this in a reply for a post. We use LINE app and “Ligo LINE Translator” chatbot. LINE is a full feature messaging app and Ligo is a translator chatbot. Our team is very international (French, Italian). I send a message in English and the chatbot translates it into French and Italian automatically in one go.

There is another problem when working internationally. The time zone! This one is a real pain. I admit that we still have an issue notifying our team mates to come online. The in-game chat does not do well on the notification. There are many times, I or another player have to fight a battle single handedly and you would know the result (bad lol). Again LINE comes to rescue, we make a call to the group chat and let it ring long so the team mates know we need them. Some of us even set the ringtone to a battle song lol.

It is difficult to get organized but it is a good transferable skill to have. Keep it up guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In order to produce a successful translation, you must think about where to turn. So you won’t have to wait long to get a quick and accurate translation from english to japanese online. Furthermore, you have the option of selecting from a variety of languages, and the translation will always be of excellent quality. The translation is not harmed by your choice of language.