šŸ“Æ Lady Loki ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Sounds like most special skills on legendary heroes :stuck_out_tongue:

Thereā€™s an entire request thread dedicated to the topic: Add Option to Disable Hero Animations During Titan Attacks and Raids, or Make the Animations Faster / Allow Continuing Attacks During Titan Attack Animations or Speed Them Up [MASTER]

For what itā€™s worth, I wouldnā€™t say that L-Loki is one of the worst ones out thereā€¦ there are some hereos who are far worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Ariel seems to be the slowest to me for whatever reasonā€¦

@JAWS1
Have a look at this video to see Lady Loki, Noor & Grazul in play

Ill have a look to see if I have any examples that really showcase Lady Loki. But this one highlights how well these work together:

• Lady Loki throws back Vela attack, attack debuffing enemy
  • Noorā€™s minions created with Noor buff
  • Grazul triggered

As a result of the above Noorā€™s red minions survive a GM, Vela and Ursena special (ongoing DOTs blocked by Grazul).

I try to time Lady Loki to fire when both Tel flanks (ideally GM or JF & Vel) fire, which results in a double DOT on the enemy that really does some substantial damage, especially if I can fire off Proteus (also in my team) to poison at the same time

1 Like

@Homaclese Excellent video! Grazul and Lady Loki were huge in the battle! Iā€™m not sure how Noor aided in the battle? In this example, the battle was basically decided by the time Noor fired. I wonder if Skadi would have served better use? I have Grazul, Lady Loki and Noor (and Skadi). Iā€™m holding out on Noor for now. Iā€™ll work on her after I finish Grazul, Lady Loki and Mitsuko.

This was not a match where Noor had a deciding role. Having said that, had the damage from Vela, GM, Ursena and Joon not been soaked up by minions, I donā€™t know if the tide could have been turned. I recorded the video to showcase how tough the minions were (with buff and debuff) but it does show Lady Lokiā€™s potential and to some extent how well the heroes work together.

A fairly typical flow of the game would be that Grazul blocks the first round of DOTs/ailments, allowing LL to charge up and throw back the second wave, with Grazul charged up to block the next one coming after thatā€¦

1 Like

Definitely! 20 characters

@Homaclese @JAWS1 I have to disagree on your team make up.

Grazul is NOT a good team with L Loki.
In most cases, she fires first and blocks the ailments which cripples L Loki.

In your video, the same can be said for rigard and proteus too.
Rigard cleanse will neuter L Loki.
Proteus mana block will hamper L Loki.
Idc to even discus MaNoor, sheā€™s cow dung.

Sorry itā€™s not a personal attack on you, simply think that team is redundant or overwriting SS.

I mention this because Iā€™m trying to find a good 3-2 team for L Loki myself.

Besides Grazul, I realize sheā€™s not good with Zim (same reasons as Rigard or any other cleanser)
Sheā€™s not good with QoH nor BK, reduces the number of heroes that get ailments.

So my team 1 is Mits GM and Grazul.

Team 2 is Zim Tyr and JF.

BK is usually a one off with Sif and holy stack.

So then who do I pair L Loki with???

My other reds at 3/70 are dupes Grazul, Mits, Zim.

Do I ascend Marj, PiB or Ares?

Is JF a good tandem for L Loki?

2 Likes

This is interesting, I avoided this thread because I would have been more sad having chased her when she was featured and getting reamed.

If you were to pair with Freya, besides the minions, will the defense buff lessen the ailments received? And subsequently, when thrown back to random opponents, it too will be a weakened ailments?

I believe so - I think whatever you throw back is whatever your team is experiencing.
The vela buff/nerf is a weird one for Lady Loki. She now throws back the attack debuff to all, but the actual DOT is less.

I most strongly disagree.

The only scenario where you are right is where I have access to unlimited tiles of all colours - in which case I donā€™t care if my specials interfere with each other, I will win regardless.

What my team gives me are a number of options depending on the tiles, my hero health, and the enemies charging.

Typically LL is not ready to fire by the time the first wave of DOTs come. That is where Grazul comes in, she blocks the first round. LL throws back the next round. At times I have both ready and I can decide which to use for who. Sometimes I need Grazulā€™s heal immediately, sometimes I want a guaranteed block, sometimes I am ok to gamble a bit and hope I can charge up LL. If the enemy has 4 DOT dealers then LL is unlikely to catch all, so she can share the workload with Grazul.

Similarly C Rig and Proteus give me a number of off color options. I will not cleanse with C Rig if I have LL ready to fire, unless I am desperate for health. So I will hold him off until LL fires and will use him for his healing straight after, or alternatively I can use him for his attack buff if I think it will kill off an enemy. I will try to use Proteus on non DOTs so that LL can throw back the DOT damage.

HOLDING OFF/TIMING specials is a key part of getting the most effective use out of them, particularly when they are not all clear-cut, simple damage dealing specials.

Noor provides background surivability for all, and is effective at it.

Because I have so many heal, cleanse and mana control options I find I can mitigate poor and average boards a lot of the time. This is absolutely necessary for me when going up against high level GTVs. I know how effective it is because I play 15-20 raids with this team daily, and I am around 80% in win rate

4 Likes

Sure the boards are random along with the combos so in many situations, some of the redundant SS can be helpful.

I usually bring one primary healer and a back up HoT healer so I can see the merit but idk if my heroes will be able to survive the first onslaught of ailments, let alone a second round.

If Grazul blocks the first wave, Iā€™d expect LL to be fairly close to fully charged as well.

Maybe troops have a bigger impact on the timing but the fact Grazul is VF means she can use your secondary lvl11 m as na and still charge on 2 3 tile matches.

Primary mana troops on LL so that she should be able to fire on the next red match.

As for rigard, LL skill is a cleanse so Iā€™m sure there are better synergy options.

My LL is still at 10 tiles, I donā€™t have a higher level troop. So there is a decent enough gap between the 2 being able to charge. And if I have enough tilesā€¦ then I just hold off on Grazul, use LL, and fire Grazul after LL to get the heatlh or keep holding her in case I need to block the next round and LL is not charged again.

Similarly, having C Rig as a attack boost/heal/cleanse option is very useful. I may not have Grazul available to block and LL available to cleanse, so his cleanse is still used very often. I just need to make sure I donā€™t cleanse him prior to using her special

Options and flexibility is what this team config is about.

1 Like

Grazul and LL together are great. You definitely have to time it correctly and there are times where they conflict but thatā€™s far outweighed by the times you need them separately imo

1 Like

In answer to your original question it probably depends how safe/defensive/battle of attrition you want to go. I think Zim would be great with her as an extra cleanse and minor heal option would help with your survivability. Zim and grazul are ideal.

Qoh or bk could both work it would just mean you hold off one or the other for a period of time.

Imo tyr is weak and wouldnt synergise with the team you are trying to set up

Gm is ok but his dot wont stack if you throw back an opponents burn

Jf has the same dot issue but there is one use case where it would work well. Charge them both up and fire jf just before a d down attack. Then use lady loki. You get the benefit of the defense up plus you get cleansed plus the opponent gets the d down and any other dots and ailments.

No to marjana snipers are just not a good fit for a strategic hero like this.

Pib may work well he is a decent support hero

I think ares is a better fit for a mono team

Just finished Lady Loki and have a good pile of fighter emblems. Any advice on talent tree?

Personally I have started on the attack path. She is pretty tough to begin with so the attack helps with her up-front AOE damage. At 10 emblems she is at attack 777, defense 835, hp 1387. Most of the attack/defense options come after that though.

2 Likes

I just go mono red with wilbur,BT,scarlet,sumle and tyr in diamond and its enough for telluria teams. Especialy boldtusk and wilbur are durable enough.

For raiding this might be ok but using 3 Cleaner in one team would be a huge blowback in war where you need to manage your resources.

Thatā€™s why i would not recommend a team like this for raiding except for fun.

1 Like

Loki is best paired with Defense down and attack up to maximise her damage and you want her to be a part of your mainstack because of that clean. I would go for Boldtusk/PiB/Ares as a Mainpartner. Best defense down you will find in blue (Finley, C-Magni, Athena, Isarnia).

So i would play something like this as a core:

Finley/C-Mags/Athena/Isarnia, Loki, PiB/Ares/BT

Now you need a 2nd Healer Raffa/Kiril, Anzogh/Red Hood and the last slot is free for either a red or blue sniper.

B0aka, because sheā€™s a guy. Lady Loki (just Loki) is a shape-shifter from the Norse mythology. He spent most of his life as a man and is the father of Fenrir amongst others. He lived for 8 years as a woman and also bore children.

1 Like