Lack of Ascending Materials?

A loot on rooks titan would be viii

But his loot tier was quite lower than yours. ???

Yes, due to rng luck

Humans love to do this. Our brains are programmed to look for patterns, even when none exist. People look at the data, come up with some theory, and then when it coincidentally happens again they take it as confirmation that wearing their lucky underwear really made their favorite baseball team win. Right now “B Ranking” is your magic underwear, Rook. You convinced yourself that B Rank is good, and any time you get Ascension materials with a B ranking you take it as confirmation, but when people get good items from A or C or bad items from a B you ignore it as irrelevant.

Something to consider is how big of a difference the various loot tiers make. If Tier V gave a 10% chance for an Ascension item and Tier VII gave a 30% chance, then it would definitely be weird if you consistently out performed the higher tiers. But we’re probably talking more like a 2% chance vs a 2.5% chance. Consider that it’s like rolling a random number between 1 and 1,000. You get a prize if you roll 980 or higher (2%). They get a prize for rolling 975+ (2.5%). Yes, they SHOULD get more prizes than you, over the course of a billion trials. But we’re not talking about a billion trials, we’re talking about ~30. It is entirely normal that in some sets of 30 trials the person with the disadvantage will come out ahead, just like sometimes I flip a coin and get heads five times in a row. It doesn’t mean my underwear are magic.

8 Likes

I’m going commando :sunglasses:

Seriously, I take your point, but this isn’t just my pattern I’m noticing; I’ve heard others mention getting good loot in B rank over several Line groups (not to mention my own alliance’s experience), and there’s been a universal outcry over the lack of ascension materials at A rank…so much so, I nearly opened a thread on it, just so A+ rank players could post proof they were in fact receiving ascension loot.

I am aware it is a pattern. What I don’t know is whether it’s random (as you claim) or not. I like proof.

1 Like

Unfortunately without seeing the code (unlikely) or running millions of trials (effectively impossible), you’re never going to really have proof. Instead we can only base it off of what we’ve been told and what we can actually see.

We know that performance against the Titan affects your loot tier. Fighting a 5* Titan, the top player gets Loot Tier VIII (5*+3 for A+), the next 9 get Loot Tier VII (5*+2 for A), the next 10 get Loot Tier VI (5*+1 for B), and every else gets Loot Tier V (equal to Titan level for C). This is all verifiable in-game.

In order for your “Rank B is best” theory to hold, either

A) Loot Tier 6 would have to be better than Loot Tier 8 (which would make no sense and would mean that a C is better than an A on a 6*, which you aren’t claiming) or

B) There is a second calculation in which your rank is once again applied to the loot tier results, further modifying them. But that makes no sense at all, since rank was already applied to get the tiers in the first place! Why would they apply it again? And even if they did, why on Earth would they choose to give Rank B the highest modifier?

So, knowing that you will never have concrete proof, which is the most likely conclusion:

1. Lower Loot Tiers give higher rewards
  2. Devs created loot tiers and tied them to Titan performance in an obvious and predictable manner, but then secretly added another layer of secret code that uses the exact same data (Titan ranking) to further modify the drop tables to favor poor performers over top hitters
  3. Your group witnessed a small data sample with results that don’t match predictions but fall well within the expected variance of probability
6 Likes

Almost 4 weeks now getting A and A+ grades on 8* Titans, and no materials over 2*…playing since mid March, and have only seen 2 orbs for my holy hero… That’s all I have to say :confused:

2 Likes
  1. There’s something to my “Grade B” (or at least “Not Grade A+”) getting loot a heck of a lot more often than we should, based on the statement that top performers have highest chance at best loot. :grin:
1 Like

This is not factual.

If they “made the game the way it is”, I’d agree.

But they made the game, released it, and now modify if daily.

If you got in day 1 and spent a couple hundred $, you are now in the top 100.

IF you got in 3 months ago and spent $2K, you may now be, at best, in the top 3000. And that is if you play constantly. Like play every single minute you are not fully zero’d out.

The Developers continue to nerf the game. And the more people who jump in, the more they nerf.

The devs need to level the playing field. And yes, I get they want to make $. I’m sure they have… 10 fold. So, make the game level.

4 Likes

“This was my last “C” loot, earlier today:”

Wow…

Rook, A+ are recieving rare stuff and i would say more often than A and B.

Like they said, loot tier matters, the score ABC only determines your loot tier from titan level.

Traevon explained this well. Saying many have reported this, is just the same thing. Many others have the same misconception. Also people tend to regard the comments that agree with them and disregard comments that are against it. So you remember that many said this and forget that many have said the opposite. And also forget that people who don’t experience this don’t usually say it. People tend to tell about deviating results, not standard results.

I mean people tend to announce when something unexpected happened. No one in alliance chats yells I got A+ and good loot. They get B or C and good loot and announce that, or get crap at A+ and announce that. If they got what they expected they don’t say anything, and mostly that is what happened.

Let me give an example. People always win millions in lottery! I have never seen news in a magazine that someone didn’t win in the lottery, but many times I read someone somewhere won the jackpot. So from that I can determine that everyone wins and no one loses? Because the jackpot was unexpected, it is news. Millions of people didn’t win, like expected, it is not newsworthy.

That said, the difference between loot tiers is small, and the variation is big. There is no guarantee higher scores give better loot. Not on one kill, not on 10 kills, not on 50 kills. On 10000 kills, most likely they do.

2 Likes

This works both ways. It doesn’t change the fact that my alliance experiences this (A+ skunked, B rewarded) on a DAILY basis. I have encouraged them to get Forum accounts to post their results so I’m not the only voice saying so. :roll_eyes:

True.

This is likely what is coming into play here. But with only a few thousand players, the variation is notable when it continues.

1 Like

Well here is one point no one has considered.

Actually you are right. The fact is that B class players get more good loot than A and A+ players together. If you count how many 3* and 4* items dropped for all A+, A and B score players. B players get most items, A next and A+ got the lowest amount of loot.

This is not because they have better loot chances, but because there are more players in lower scores. There is only 1 player at A+, 4 players at A and 15 players at B.

So B score players got 3 times more rolls than A+ and A together. It is very likely that someone of these 15 players got a 4* ascension item, because there are 3 times more players and loot chances. If the difference in probability is like 5% for B and 6% for A and 7% for A+. These aren’t real probabilities of course, but close enough I think. And the real probabilities depend on the level of the titan anyway.

So there is just one A+ player and with the above probabilities, she has a 7% chance to get at least one item while there is a 64% chance that at least one B scored player gets an item. The chance that at least one A scored player gets an item is 22%. Even if the difference in odds would be bigger, you still see the pattern.

So this doesn’t mean you have a better chance for good loot at lower scores as an individual. But it gives that impression because there are more players on the lower scores. More chances to get lucky. If everyone shouts in alliance when they got a 4* item this is the result you will see. Over half of the kills someone of the 15 B scored players yell, the one A+ player does rarely, maybe once in 15 kills.

This is what you have seen and reported, but you have drawn the wrong conclusions.

7 Likes

To continue on this, Statistically, with my assumption of the drop rates. there is a 64% * 93% = 59% chance that at least one B player gets a 4* item and the A+ doesn’t.

Or 53% * 78% = 45% chance that a B player gets, but no A players do

So every other kill it happens that a B player gets more loot than A and A+.

2 Likes

I feel the same and most of our Alliance does too! I’m spending a lot less time playing as I’m so upset over this. I feel like I should be encouraging my Alliance and finding it hard to do. I gave them support email we all got the same crappy letter! grrrrr

I think this is EXACTLY what is coming into play. For the record, today our A+ got loot, B got loot, A didn’t. At least A+ got the pony today! The uber-lucky one with two rare ascension items was B though, of course! :grin:

P.S. One of my players was rude to you recently, under the mistaken notion that you had been attacking me in the Forums. I’ve educated him on this and I apologize for his behavior.

Ok, I was wondering what it was about.

1 Like

I have have 3 heroes sitting for over two months all needing one of three different items. It’s ridiculous!

2 Likes

@dafrca is correct!

The problem for the Developers (and has been since the beginning) is with users complaining that the game is too hard or unfair. Just look at the raid threads…OMG the ■■■■■■■■ and complaining. Check out the threads on how unfairly over powered Heroes are, which again relates back to raids being too hard…total mess.

We just had a complainer in our alliance ■■■■■■■ and moaned about raids. Wouldn’t listen to techniques given to them, didn’t use strategy…nothing.

Most of us here who never complain about raids but have a problem with reduced ascension items and nerfed heroes are probably experienced gamers or at the very least have been with this game longer than anyone else. It is clear to me that this is not the target market for the game. They want noobies and lots of them!!!

I just learned that you don’t have to be at level 10 to join an alliance anymore. Now it’s level 4. Level 4!!! You don’t know what your are doing in this game at level 4 and you think you’re ready for an alliance!!! I digress.

The point is the developers are trying to slow top hitters down. The reason for this is the Raids. Nowhere else in the is there a place where a new person is going to be more negatively impacted by a more powerful hero than in Raids. And now since the game will be gearing up for alliance battles guess what? This move could be a fun success or an absolute dumpster fire.

The easiest way to slow better players down is by reducing the access to ascension items.
That means no very many rare quests, wanted Rare mission will no longer pay out the way the used to, and Titan Drops are either going to suck or be aimed at the lower titan hitters; which BTW is an interesting observation.

2 Likes