Kunchen vs Aeron

If you had both heros at 3/70 and 6 tabbards, who would you take to 80 and what is your deciding factor?

2 Likes

I would go for Aeron for his capability to prevent status alignment and protect 3 heroes from e.g. Jackal. It looks like every new HotM is just a second class citizen where those released a year ago rule and it is statistically nearly impossible to get them. Something is wrong with E&P.

1 Like

His slow mana is the biggest drawback in my opinion.

If i want to use a slow mana defense debuffer, iā€™ll go isarnia who is damages and has the bigger debuff

If i want a slow mana healer, iā€™ll go viv who buffs the defense without color confinement

If i just want a healer in my lineup then there other average mana options with similar or better perks.

Leaning towards aeron myself but figure iā€™d see what the general consensus is. I dont have kunchen and probably wont get him. Hero discussions interest me none the less though

4 Likes

My vote would be Aeron 100%. THe ability to prevent status hits is so great. He is a mainstay as a ā€œtankā€ in my raid attack team flanked by Sartana and Kage.

3 Likes

i believe that if youā€™re not 100% sure the hero deserves the AM one should wait for v20 as hero tinkering has been announced by devs

2 Likes

Just thought itā€™d be a fun discussion. Alby and viv will probably always be my only maxed slow manas.

I vote Aeron myselfā€¦

1 Like

i still havenā€™t found the courage to max Alby. I have tarlak, evelyn and 1 tonic away from zeline or alby but tending to zeline

in the purple healer situation my aeron is 4/80 and so far no regrets

1 Like

My choices were alby, lockr, or greg.

I never expected to get alby so of course as soon as i got him i went all fanboy and maxed him, a day later was wishing i chose locke or greg for titans.

so i guess Zeline it is :smile:. Greg will stay at 3/70 and next i will probably go with morgan

1 Like

Actually on a second thought, I am undecided now. If we talk about tank then Kunchen may be a very good option. His stats are good and I really appreciate they left 815 defense, also he is immune to Isarnia or other similar heroes and somehow immune to Jakal - once he starts his special, Jackal is out. On the other way he can get a friendly defence buff (e.g. from Vivica 63%) So, he can either be killed very quickly before he gets a chance to charge his slow mana or via a different colour debuffer- e.g. Evelyn or via mana stoppers like Hel - but for that his talent is cleric and has a bit of resistance for mana spells. So, this is not as bad as it originally sounded and he may become a very good tank and a match for Guinevereā€™s monopoly status. I also hope that other tank options will come on light, so Guinevere wonā€™t be boring accessory of everyone anymore.

2 Likes

at this point iā€™m missing a cleaner so heā€™d be a welcome add to my roster that said i like both heroes in forced choice itā€™s kunchen his benefits are tankish demeanor donā€™t think heā€™ll be workable at 3/70 where as aeron seems useable at that level could be wrong again i have neither

1 Like

Aeron is great on my raid team! Same as you, I tank him, but on his flanks are Panther and Khiona.

1 Like

I vote for Aeron. I think Kunchen is so bad in comparison to Aeron that I even decided not to do any epic/elemental summons this month. I really fear to have this useless 5* dark healer in my deck. I got Aeron and Rigard fully leveled. If I want another purple healer I would start leveling Sabinaā€¦Kunchen is not worth the trap tools.

1 Like

I do not understand, why you guys do not think much of Kunchen? To me he looks amazingly good.

3 Likes

Kunchen against titan, Aeron in wars.Which one is important for you ?(Is allowed to use bad english ? :smiley: )

1 Like

Aeron coz dispellable immunity on status ailments is dang fantastic. Aeron is also average mana speed vs Kitchenā€™s slow.

1 Like

Aeronā€™s card posted here for reference

Kunchenā€™s card:

Purely for tank position and amount of heal and ā€˜heal in one goā€™ I vote Kunchen

Aeron is more likely to die in tank before he gets a chance to immune up

Iā€™m very surprised that people are doubting Kunchen. Iā€™m not dissing Aeron. Iā€™m surprised people are dissing Kunchen.

I get that people fear Jackal but thatā€™s not a reason to throw Kunchen in the bin

3 Likes

At least Kunchen dispel the whole team and helps the team by lowering opponentā€™s defense.
Both are good but Kunchen is more like a healer meant to increase your damage, like Boldtusk.

2 Likes

Just wish his yellow D buff was for the whole team. And still wish he was average mana

1 Like