:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 666 879 1549
4/90 762 1005 1772
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2019
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Power of Ajna
  • Recovers 45% health for all allies.
  • All enemies get -34% defense for 4 turns.
  • Dispels status ailments from all allies.
  • Element Link gives all Dark allies +46% defense against Holy for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2019 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2024

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Kunchen has been released for between 12 & 24 months, he can be summoned from both the Atlantis Portal (September 2020 & September 2021) and in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

He can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Atlantis Portal
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Feedback Poll - Kunchen (post release)

Is Kunchen worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can currently only get Kunchen from the Atlantis Summons Portal when he is the featured returning Hero of the Month (HOTM)

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Kunchen would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Kunchen’s Primary Purpose is?

• Offensively geared Support Hero
  • Defensively geared Support Hero
  • Hybrid (Offence & Defence) Support Hero

0 voters

What do you think of Kunchen compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Kunchen’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Kunchen worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Kunchen is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Kunchen is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

THREAD BU-BU-BU-BUMP!!

Just pulled Kunchen from HA10 and curious where the forum ranks him as a 2 year old HotM. He’s 100% taking a backseat to Killhare, but I also have Victor and Boss Wolf (all 3 at or close to 3^70).

Ursena(+20) is my purple tank, and I have 3 cRigsrds, 2 of them have emblems (17 and 20, respectively)

Any Kunchen fanatics who can convince me to level him?

2 Likes

You still do not believe the vote! I have him and he is excellent! Most people will just recommend RIGARNT because he does the same things and it is not difficult to reward him. Of course KUNCHEN is stronger than rigard, no matter how we do it!

It also gives extra protection against yellows

I have 2 of him. Both obtained from Atlantis as I missed getting him when he was HOTM of the month of release. The first one is still stuck at 3/70 while the second one is unleveled.

Indeed, I would rather use costumed Rigard. Everybody has a Rigard. I have o4 of his costume version maxed. He is far far far quicker, easier and cheaper to obtain, level, ascend, max and emblem, the latter only costs approx 1/3 of the total emblems to fully emblem a legendary hero. His mana generation speed is also to be desired, much more so with the costume bonus. I’d rather have my 24 tabards in my inventory invested to my Grimble, Malicna, 2nd Clarissa or any other better purple legendaries.

Had his defense debuff against the enemy much higher than -34%, I may have a different view. It’s no different with Tiburtus or his costume. Kunchen is overrated IMHO.

1 Like

Thank you both for your thoughts and replies! @kaiaforizo13 @Ultra
Right now, I think Kunchen takes a backseat while I get my 5* dark attackers up and running; cRigard will be my healer of choice as his emblems essentially make him a 5* (plus I have the troops to make him ‘fast’)

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I’m a Kunchen fan. I was disappointed when I first got him, as he was my first slow hero, and I Was just figuring out that the HOTM’s were stronger than average. But this is one sturdy boi! He can usually survive long enough to do his thing, taking shots from even Lianna and brushing it off. I have a costume Rigard and I still like using Kunchen.

3 Likes

So, I’ve got Kunchen today from HA10.
Do you recommend to LB him? My alliance is running purple tanks, and I have no healer in my defence, also as F2P I don’t have many options (my other purples are Victor, Clarissa, Malicna (current tank), Obakan, Quintus, Sartana).

crying in not having C Rigard despite of puling every costume quest since releasing

1 Like

I have pretty much the same purple 5 stars as you do (bar Victor) and I used my first purple LB on Kunchen.

Congrats :partying_face:

Yes, absolutely. I’m still missing 1 5* Aether, but I will defeinitly break him

2 Likes

I probably would level him but that’s my roster. I think Guv has the best comparisons for reasons rigard is better.

I don’t have C Rigard ._.

So?

Guess I’ll play with him a bit and then decide if I should LB

1 Like

Have always liked this one :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The OP is updated with the latest balance update.