🧙 Kornel – 3* Fire / Red from Tower of Magic

Agreed. Don’t really get it. Yeah he gives a nice Attk+ at close to very fast speed. But the Def- is slow. Beyond that doesn’t really do anything beyond his passive which can do some damage. Hard to argue that he fits in as a support hero on 3* team.

Good for titans about to Level 10 and then they will start one hitting him

He is 1) slower than Wilbur for Def- and 2) is more easily one shot by strong titans. Furthermore 3) he doesn’t help defense like Wilbur or share damage keeping heroes alive. In the perfect situation against the right titan he will be better than Wilbur. But that’s not what happens

Not that it doesn’t help, but we shall remember that the main goal attacking titans is to do as much damage as possible and not staying alive. Also, number 2 and 3 are easily covered with timestops.

not true. Charge 2 needs the same amount of tiles (10) as average mana to be reached.

Fully charged Magic mana is slower than slow speed at over 12 tiles. Wilbur is average which is 10 tiles. You are blowing through a ton of resources if you are using time stops to protect 3* heroes for every titan attack. Especially as you move up to more powerful titans.

So I fully stand by my statement. When everything goes to plan Kornel can get you more titan damage.

Magic has 2 charges and not 3 as the Ninjas my friend. Charge 2 needs 10 tiles, not over 12.

I use timestops naturally, not just for 3* heroes. It gives more freedom to setup my board and gives more time as you don’t have to wait for the titan to strike before your next move. And Kornel would not be the only 3* I use successfully against titans:

• Brienne-c is widely known for her wonderful job.

• Nordri is a must for me as I don’t have Frida or K. Arthur

• Treevil used to be in my yellow titan team before nerf.

• Melia is used for her critical hits from time to time.

1 Like

You need to learn about Magic mana. Because you are flat out wrong and still too stubborn to go look it up. Its over 5 tiles for the 1x and over 11 for 2x. Of course you can bring those down to 5 and 11 with mana bonuses. But you can do the same with Wilbur to get him down to 9. The simple fact of the matter is his Def- is slower which is exactly the point you contended.

The argument is not whether you would use Kornel if you didn’t have another Fire Def Down option or you are fighting weaker titans where his survivability isn’t an issue.

My bad. I got confused by that document. They should be up to date as they include Magic Mana troops in their calculator but unfortunately didn’t realise there were difference between Magic and Ninja Charges.

I fight 14* titans with all above mentioned 3*s :slightly_smiling_face:

I fight 14* titans with all above mentioned 3*s :slightly_smiling_face:

Isn’t every single one of those 3* one shot by 14* titans even with Turtle Banners? That has been my experience. So basically you need to stun the titan every single move or risk a (# of 3* / Remaining Heroes) chance of 1 of your 3* heroes being struck dead that turn.

If you are using time stops to protect 3* (e.g. Kornel) try using a slightly smaller number of tornadoes with a 4* (e.g. Wilbur) or an equivalent number of Scroll of Alteration and average out your scores and see when all things are equal (in terms of resources used) which lineup out-performs the other.

Time stops are not a free resource. They cost approximately 100,000 iron. With 4 maxed Advanced Mines and a maxed Watchtower you produce less than 30,000 iron per hour and 720,000 per day. That gives you 7-8 time stops to use for all your titan hits if you use ALL of your iron generated daily. Of course that would leave you with no iron for anything else

So back to my point. Because Kornel has a higher max Def-, with friendly boards, supporting heroes or utilizing a lot of resources to protect him he will outperform Wilbur (Note: that is ignoring the other ways Wilbur protects the other important heroes on your team) against stronger titans too (10*+).

If I didn’t have Wilbur or another strong 4* or 5* Fire Def- hero I would be inclined to have Kornel in my every hit Fire Titan lineup. But I do so I don’t. Same thing applies with Athena or Frida to Nordri, Silvaria to Brienne, Cheshire Cat to Treevil, etc…

bringin turtle banners agains titans is a waste in my eyes. I’d at least consider some dragon banners.

timestops may not be free, but are considerably cheaper than tornadoes (especially with those rare nuggets, while I have plenty of the mats required for timestops) and Scroll of Alteration is out of question for me. I only spend a few on Mythic Titans.

that was the same thing I pointed out. We may not agree on the fact that you need a ‘perfect situation’ and that’s obviously pretty subjective at the end. Anyway, we spend a lot of resources on Mythic Titans so taking advantage of Kornel is not that complicated.

what? I don’t see why I would drop Brienne for Sivaria at all. Static -34% against -44% and growing? No, thanks.

1 Like

A Dragon Banner competes for the same limitng resource as a Time Stop in case you weren’t aware of that. Dragon Attacks which are also very useful do to. Only Super Healing Potions compete with Tornadoes. And you are talking about a +5% increase in defense for an additional 40,000+ iron. You can create at least 6x Turtle Banners for each Dragon Banner (but actually way more than that because eventually you are going to run out of Dragon Bones). But I kind of doubt a Dragon Banner protects them any of them anyway. An Axe + a Turtle Banner probably does though for 1/3 the iron.

So Time Stops are considerably cheaper than Tornadoes but its worth spending 6x iron for an additional 5% defense with a Dragon Banner over a Turtle Banner? A Tornado is 20k more iron than a Time Stop which is 120% not 600%. Also I think you missed the point. The point was you can’t compare how Kornel does when you use a bunch of resources to protect him to Wilbur when you use nothing but cheap Mana Potions. Calculate the resources (food + iron) you are using to protect Kornel and use the same amount for Wilbur and let me know what happens

Also I can 100% guarantee if you are hitting all titans regularly and using 3* for most elements you are either running out of resources or regularly dealing with not being able to protect your 3* heroes on titan attacks and suffering in titan damage

the thing is bringing those 2 items is a waste to me as my primary goal is not to survive or finish the strike at morer than 50% health but rather doing as much damage as possible. Hence why I mentioned the dragon banner because of the attack boost. Defense oriented strategy will never be in my interest.

I won’t disagree with that. It’s more expensive. But not at the same rate of difference you see it and comparing the benefit of it.

lol lol you should avoid overestimating your guessing abilities my friend.

I know. Faiez made it to one of my strongest teams. He’s usually the first to die, but also Heimdall brings him back