[KNOWN ISSUE - v16] Confirmation / refusal to participate in the war are missing (when player has not completed the war tutorial)

They can, they just need to complete the tutorial. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Petri I also ran into this with my very small alt account that I put in our alliance just to hold a place for someone. The effect of it has been that I could not opt it out of the current war, because of course you canā€™t complete the tutorial before a war startsā€¦ so there was no way to exclude it from the match making, which is some effect that goes beyond just clarification.

In my case itā€™s not too bad because this team is so small in power compared to the rest of the alliance that itā€™s not going to throw the metrics off very much, but also it will have affected the count of war eligible members of course. In other cases the effect on the war matching could be more significantā€¦ so my humble opinion is that it would be better for the opt-out option to exist before war/war tutorial.

1 Like

Is there some place to find the war tutorial? Iā€™ve never heard of it.

We donā€™t have the opt out issue with our alliance, but we have a lot of new players who may want to do a tutorial.

@princess1 for me the tutorial automatically came up the first time I went to the war tab once the prep phase had started. Itā€™s just a couple really basic things like ā€œhere is the battlefieldā€, ā€œput your defense heroes hereā€ and such. I do not see a way to re-run it on demand again.

What you do have, if you go to the battlefield and tap the gear icon in the top left, there is a ā€œwar infoā€ button which explains things in a bit more detail. This is IMHO more useful than that initial tutorial. And of course new players should have the benefit of the advise and guidance of the more experienced alliance members. :slight_smile:

Good afternoon! I do not know where to comment; I have a theme with the war that we are going to go through in a short time. To match wars the system of equity between alliances is used. The alliance we faced yesterday had 25 members and today has 30 ā€¦ the five that joined have a much higher power. It should not make it impossible for the members added after defining the sides so as not to level the combat?

After the war match is made, any new alliance members will be restricted to ā€œspectator modeā€ for the war.

2 Likes

I also have the same issue. No check box to confirm participation.
I do not see a way to re-run it war tutorial on demand again.

Guessing here, but from the ā€œMatching in progressā€ message, I think that you are locked in to whatever state you were in when the matching process started. It would be a nightmare for coders to have to deal with people changing status mid-match.

I have not participated in any war yet, and your answer does not solve the problem

Szia. Ez valamilyen formĆ”ban javĆ­thatĆ³??
Nekem sem műkƶdik sajnos :frowning:

I donā€™t remember seeing a tutorial, but perhaps as you say it was quick and basic and I just by-passed it. We are familiar with the gear and it was a welcome addition rather than reserve an attack just to look at your remaining heroes.

Hello, if something in the subject may already be knowā€¦

There was a countdown now and nothing happened

Hello, if something in the subject is already known. There was a countdown. And nothing. That is until now

Why canā€™t I participate in the war? 23 level. Daano joined the alliance

Hello @Petri,
We have a new player who opted out of wars right after he joined the team, because he did not have enough heroes, so he never did the tutorial (that I know of). He has enough heroes to participate in wars now, but does not have the option to opt back into wars. Will he never be able to opt back into wars, or will version 17 allow him to opt back into wars?

Hello @Petri I have the same problem. I have tried everything (unninstall, change to other aliannce, send an email to the game`s supportā€¦) and I cant join wars because of the tutorial, that I cant do it.!

Screenshot_20181102-100710|281x500

1 Like

i think itā€™s not cool to do the wars and some players like me cant do thease wars !
Itā€™s not equitableā€¦ Thank you to do something Empires n Puzzles please or stop warsā€¦

Hi @Petri (or any other moderator) any news about this problem? It will be fixed in v17?

Thank you!!

I have been able to opt out in the past but the option to participate or not is not currently available