[SOLVED] Tournament - Buff booster not working for specials (Fixed in the version 24)

According to ingame description the buff booster should apply generally. However it doesn’t work for specials. Please see below example.

TRITON, special 335%, 1805 AP vs GADEIRUS 519 def

I expected huge hit, however only 530 dmg came out. So low that I started to doubt the buff booster is counted in.

I went to try unbuffed dmg:
The same TRITON 955 AP vs HORGHALL 761 def

The dmg was 460.

530 vs 460?
Is the buff booster for tile dmg only, or what do I miss?

The damage inflicted depends of the def stat of the hero you hit. Of course the damage is not the same all the time, with buff or not.

Besides, I see Gadeirus had -def from Isarnia I presume…

Please look again at the numbers I provided and the question I asked.

Of course I looked and I don’t see anything wrong. For example, first screenshot… Triton has 722 atk and + 1083. You have 30% from Kiril and 120% buff booster. So 150%. 150% from 722 it is exactly 1083. And Triton’s inflicted damage remain the same percentage, doesn’t change, 335%. But 335% from 722+1083 in that situation. This is how works a special. It is increasing the atk stat, not the percentage into the skill.

I understand those numbers very well.
My question was, whether the special attack is affected by buff booster (+120% in this case). From the ingame description it should, however from these numbers it seems not.

Yeah, you’re right, I did the math with all those buffs and Gadeirus should have received 4 times that damage. Meaning no hero in the game should have survived with that def stat when Triton had that atk stat at the moment.

Well, if you post here, few people cares. Like you already see, I was the only one answering and I really suck at math. But I learned in the last hours how the real damage inflicted is calculated. You should contact support with those screenshots. The staff should see this. Here, on forum, the staff doesn’t read, care and answer (with some exceptions at issues&bugs). No wonder the raid tournaments are so broken.

P.S. Still, you should change the thread category to bugs, not general discussions.

1 Like

Yep, by my calculation the expected damage should have been 2,752 HP. There’s evidence that extreme attack/defense ratios are damped, but by a few percentage points, not by multiples.

I’m shifting this thread to #bugs-issues as I think @J.o should have a look.

4 Likes

Thanks for moving it to bugs. It is that basic functionality of E&P, that I absolutely denied the possibility of being it a bug :slight_smile:

@Kerridoc how did you calculate the expected damage?
I can get a similar number by putting my numbers into Damage ≈ 100 x ( θ x Att / Def ) ^ 1.35, however the special is 335%, how do you count that?

I guess he did 1805x335/519x120, then ^1.35

Yep. To calculate expected damage, set theta=1. Attack = special% * attack stat.

Keep in mind that attack buffs and debuffs, including the buff booster, adds to the special percentage for special attacks, so it’s more like a 485% special strike rather than a 365% strike in this case.

renamed this topic, so its purpose is obvious

I never checked the math but I do check to see if they get the correct bump and its always right. This I will have to look for. I usually do best in the buff tourneys too and run many of the same as above. Triton, isarnia. Gaderius, Kiril etc.
I know the numbers are always off by a bit like if a hero hits 3 the same they will differ by a few hp due to def but this is a huge error if it is.
I guess I have to go to the other thread to actively follow or will following this link to that as well? Just want to know for future. Im trying to get more specific stuff in my screen so im changing the settings . thanks for info if anyone knows.

Which other thread? If you mean my original, I only renamed it to this one, there is no other.

This week is another buff booster, so it would be fine if anyone can make similar compare. If possible, as big buff booster as possible (100% at least).

I should have recorded my tournament raids today. Had this feeling on my first loss. Triton (750 ATT), 3 Buffs and maybe the def down from Grimm on the enemy…around 400 damage. I expected more. I’ll record them tomorrow.

I used him and grimm to and didn’t record mine. I could have too but figured it was already in the other thread being handled and they can run the game to see if it acts like this. I thought of this thread when I hit Gormek with Triton after Grimm and he was still very much alive. I will try to remember to record them tomorrow. This is the one raid tournament that I usually do very well in too. Usually make all the days and finish in the top 1 or 5%. Others I don’t fare as well in though but maybe it will change once this gets fixed.

1 Like

Could you please provide a link, I cannot find it? Or do you mean the general raid tournament thread?

There is no other thread

Opponent Attack Triton Attack + Defense opponent Def - Damage Active Buffs
Boldtusk 825 330 957 326 509 2 (Agwe, Triton)
Triton 825 577 786 268 665 2 (Kiril)
Melendor 825 742 684 0 535 3 (Kiril, Triton)

On that last Melendor Grimm made 466 damage with 3 Buffs, Sonya 606 with the same 3 buffs & Def-Down.|

Can anyone tell me if that’s okay or not? I’m not bad at math, but I don’t get the calculation, come to some thousands of damage, I don’t think that’s right?

1 Like

Unfortunately, your tests are with low buffs (2-3 ~ 40-60%) which can fall into the randomness of the ingame dmg calculation (0.5 - 1.5 coefficient)
Comparison of your attacks vs case the buff booster would be counted in (all numbers are with theta = 1, so they are average):

1. 514 vs 809
  2. 955 vs 1371
  3. 734 vs 1224

However you can see, that all your results are far from buffed.

2 Likes