[KNOWN ISSUE] Russell's Special can be Dodged by Rogue Talent

Hey @Petri thanks for the information. Can we please know about monk class can resist his burn now is a bug as well or it working as intended?

Thank you.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what you are arguing. It sounds like you think that a hit implies that damage must occur or it isn’t a hit. I already gave examples where you can hit and no damage occurs, well within the game rules.

No, exactly the opposite.

And that’s the reason why I don’t understand why Russell ignores dodge.

From what I understand someone needs to hit the target, before the target can decide to dodge. Because if you miss the target (because of blind or other reasons) the target never dodges.
So “hit the target” was successful and after that the target can either dodge or not.

But that’s not how it works at the moment, the target never dodges. And Russell does damage.

Maybe I don’t understand the dodge mechanics…

Edit:

Here another example from the sir roostley thread. .

Whenever roostley hit someone he will also hit his neighbors.
A successful dodge counts as hit and he targets the next.
So that’s why Russell overwriting dodge makes no sense to me with only his first line that he always hit the target as explanation.
To overwrite dodge he doesn’t only need to hit the target but also do always damage or ignore dodge especially. Nothing of that is written on the card.

It has been reported in Beta.
Why did it go live?
Why it is known ONLY now?

3 Likes

Because that’s what his special is meant for. I don’t understand why you keep making non-relevant comparisons when his special is specifically stated to always hit his target.

Because always hit the target doesn’t mean the target shouldn’t dodge.
A dodge counts as hit. So what’s written on the card is not what he does.

That’s how it should be if we only look at the card
Always hit the target:
Ignore blind
Ignore wu/ranvir effect
Target can dodge, resist, evade
The dodge thing is clear if you would look at the roostley card. A dodged attack still counts as hit.

That’s how it works at the moment
Ignore blind
Ignore wu/ranvir effect
Target can’t dodge
Target can resist, evade
So that’s definitely not what written on the card. Because with the wording it should allow dodge.

Give @Petri response, it looks like that’s not the case and we’ll see how it gets fixed. My expectation is that the special can’t be dodged, and the DoT can be resisted.

I will let you know when this fix hits Beta in V43.

2 Likes

this is a contradiction in terms. in terms of programming the RNG, maybe it needs to be hit in order to roll for whether the hero dodges or evades, but in plain English, “evade” or “dodge” means it wasn’t hit.

you might have an argument if the conditions were, “this hero skill always dodges” vs. “this special skill never misses its targets,” and some clarification would be in order. however, the conditions are “has a percentage chance to dodge/ evade” vs. “never misses.” it should be clear just by the conditions of the cards, skills, and talents that “never misses” should win out vs. conditional percentages.

this is a different consideration from the Monk Withstand, which is basically the equivalent of “blocking” a hit (though the term “blocking” has different in-game uses), in this case the burn DOT, which was a question brought up earlier in this thread. it’s like a percentage chance of having a temporary ailment protection buff, so i don’t think the Monk Withstanding the burn DOT is inconsistent with the card in the same way Rogue Evades are.

Russell, who’s attack supposedly never misses can’t get around the rogue talent. Either this needs to be fixed or his special needs to be reworded.

This is a known issue: [KNOWN ISSUE] Russell's Special can be Dodged by Rogue Talent

SG is working on the fix.

3 Likes

I agree with the majority here, as long as he “hits” Target, the dot shouldn’t matter if target has ability to withstand/nullify it. And I’m not on the anti Russell side cause I have 5 of them, want to see what a retrain can do to current HOTM.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.