[Solved - V33 Update] Reflect buffs can only be bypassed by Ranger Talent, Ninja troops, etc. IF there's another defensive buff casted on top of it

Is this the same working as intended with Snow White vs Mitsuko which was later fixed in the next patch?
My mitsuko gets bypassed quite often…

2 Likes

Thanks for the video. This could very well support my theory. That the other buff (in this video the taunt of BK and the elemental link or Mitsuko) was pierced and hence the reflect is not working anymore. Which to me sounds like a bug. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Hey hey hey!!! There are no bugs here! The programming is perfectly working as intended.
The amount of investigation done here reminds me of their response on mana speed…

3 Likes

I’m not going to blame you, so I apologize if you feel uncomfortable.

You (SGG staff) previously treated the wu kong + Alfrike cubes not firing the specified number as a “visual issue” rather than a bug. However, there were a number of reports asking us to re-examine it because it is not really considered a visual bug.

And this time, the SGG staff said “Rangers cant bypass through Elemental Reflect”. Is this the official answer from SGG?

I’ve watched many videos that bypass Mitsuko’s reflect, but Is it a bug that Rangers used to do bypass through Elemental Reflect? Or did the specifications change before I knew it?

I have big doubts about the recent internal structure of SGG.

3 Likes

2 wars ago Finley bypassed 2 of my heros protected by Mits.

Please review this…
I’ve had athena Finley Alasie bypass mitsuko reflection soo many times so this makes no sence…
Also when fighting Ninja Tower cobalt as boss even at charge 2 (60%) he bypassed my mitsuko reflection…
If it is really working as intended than there’s other huge bug, because if it’s working as intended than my mitsuko is clearly broken… i’ve been bypassed by all blue rangers and cobalt in NT.

thanks and seems to coincide with the statements above as well

sounds like another case of devs running before they walked

instead of rolling out new crap on top of new crap on top of new crap…

may wanna spend more time making sure the old crap is working like it’s supposed to and doing QoL updates in the meantime then once QA has had plenty of time to make sure the developers have a concrete knowledge of how things previously released are interacting with each other…then release new interactions

1 Like

I suspect that @Aquaginera_7DD may be pretty close on what’s happening.

When there are OTHER defense buffs up, these can trigger the bypass. When it triggers, it then bypasses everything, including the shields.

However, if it’s just the shields (or shields + an offensive buff), the shields don’t trigger the processing of the “bypass” talent or ability & thus everything is reflect.

If we look at some examples:

In this scenario, the two heroes on the left have no strictly defence oriented buffs up. One buff is Khiona’s Beserk and the other is her elemental link. Both can be argued to be “offence” buffs I guess.

On the right side however, there is the defence boost buff from Magni up. This is more likely to be characterised as a “defence” oriented buff & hence CAN trigger the bypass. Then when it successfully processes, in the case of cobalt it’s 100%, it then bypasses ALL EFFECTS not just the buff/s that caused it to trigger the bypass.

In this example again, on the right side there is a clear defence oriented buff in the form of Jean-francois’ ice protection buff. This then caused the processing of the bypass in Cobalt’s skill (at 100%) and, when successful, bypassed all effects on that hero.

11 Likes

Bypass is a TALENT, not a skill there is a difference. All SS damage is reflected on elemental reflect buffs, the ranger talent gives a hero a chance to bypass everything including defensive buffs. However, just because the talent is unlocked doesn’t mean it will always happen, or happen at all. It just gives the hero a chance (% based on the node unlocked) to. Mitsuko’s reflect buffs apply to the whole team, so when someone fires at all heroes there’s a good chance it may bypass some but not all, i.e. Finley.

Now that said, Colbalt firing his special at 300% (gives 100% chance to bypass all defensive buffs) being reflected is most definitely a bug. Any ranger who talent is unlocked at 100% should always bypass all defensive buffs.

2 Likes

This isn’t a solution…

@KiraSG if this is what you guys are going with at least change Cobalt’s card to read that it does not bypass elemental reflects should also be written under the ranger talent as well. Would save a lot of trouble for everyone and confusion

Nah, they shouldn’t change that to make the incorrect statement “correct” the bug just needs to be fixed. There is enough changes that happen to heroes which aren’t always great, I’m not with them now altering talents inaccurately.

Agree with both of you and seems that that’s what happening, but if it’s not suppose to bypass through elemental reflect as quoted there’s a bug then.

Another good example is when Alasie fires during active reflect buff, there are times that she dies from being reflected by the target she shot, but her -mana gen to nearby enemies bypasses still.

Very possibly.

It is either a) working as intended that when successful it bypasses everything regardless of if it’s offensive, defensive buff or even an ailment.

Or

B) not working as intended & it should be changed from “bypasses everything when successful” to “bypasses everything else on the defensive buffs list” … A coding change not a wording change.

4 Likes

It is very much NOT working as intended.
It totally depends on the order of the defensive buffs.
If mitsuko’s reflect is cast after another buff it can be bypassed, if it is before it cannot.
I will upload a video shortly and link it.
Here: Mitsuko’s buff is first and it reflects

Here it is not, and it is bypassed:

This took me over an hour, 1 million food and a lot of effort to prove.

@KiraSG please can you look at this, as it’s not working as it should.

18 Likes

Thank you for your hard work… and SGG should really be reimbursing you with all the resources you put in to do their job (bug testing) for them…

1 Like

Official forum users seem to have better verification capabilities than staff.

1 Like

Are we talking about the same verification capabilities they had when discussing mana troops on defense?

1 Like

Exactly lol.

This bypassing thing should be uniform in some way.