[KNOWN ISSUE] Nigeria is asterisked as a curse word

Ok, you are right guys. That word should not be censored in the first place.

Developers make mea culpa and immediately apologize for that and move things to fix it.

I don’t know what else you would expect.
I don’t really think that was a racist purpose behind it.

Let’s move on.

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt and very professional reply. much appreciated. However, I will remain offended as long as that line of code still exists as Nigerians will have to wait for your next update, when it’s convenient for you to do so. I guess there is No need to escalate as priority, Nigerians will just wait until you build a new level or character, because this issue is convenient towait for your targeted update release timeline.

Dude, Grzechol actually helped you by moving your thread to bugs and issues. And Petri already apologized and said the issue was gonna get fixed.

No matter how offended you are, mobile games can only fix bugs when they release a new update, so you’ll have to wait like everyone else.

3 Likes

Seeing as there are already multiple official responses on this issue, and the current discussion seems both heated and unproductive, I am going to lock this thread.

I fully understand why this is upsetting to players. I’d be really upset if I wasn’t able to type “America” in chat without it getting asterisked out.

But there seems to be no benefit in continuing the arguing about this and accusing Small Giant of bad action when the error is clearly a wildcard error in a filter.

For the record, my class in Regular Expressions was a long time ago, but not so long ago that this error surprises me. The ways in which professional programmers manage to screw up string processing are impressively varied.

7 Likes