[KNOWN ISSUE] hero's with mindless attack against titans

Something strange happened while attacking a yellow titan. While the mindless attack is activated the titan attacks himself but also one of my heros with normal attack.

6 Likes

Mindless attack simply changes the target’s special skill to “mindless attack”.
The target will attack normally except when using the skill.

2 Likes

Yes, only the special skill attacks itself.

Normal attack still attack your Heroes.

1 Like

But this is a new change. Before, the titan would attack itself and the next turn would start. Why would they change the way MA worked against titans and not tell anyone or justify the change?

5 Likes

The original poster is actually correct: this is a bug. Special Skill use has always replaced a normal attack for defending heroes and titans. Mindless attack should end the titan’s turn and not hit you with normal attack until next turn. Effectively, the titan is using its turn to attack itself and shouldn’t hit you.

6 Likes

I confirm, I encountered that bug with Waddles’ Shifting Mindless Attack too.
They fixed SMA that the hero transfers SMA to another hero in the last turn (before it disappeared), but now after passing SMA the hero hits with normal attack.
@PlayForFun could you please ask the staff about that?

4 Likes

Ok, I am passing this bug to Staff.

4 Likes

gif-20230209-115559

10 Likes

Thx, this clearly shows the problem.

3 Likes

Up, any comments from devs? Intended unQoL?

Thank you for the reports! We will look into this here and update the topic once we know more.

6 Likes

Not sure if this is related to the confirmed bug, but I am noticing something odd when I use Zocc against blue titans to stop the special (slow animation).

Previously, if I am remembering correctly (big if lol), if the titan mana bar is full and the titan is stunned, then the titan does nothing.

Now, if the titan bar is full and the titan is stunned, then titan does mindless attack on itself.

Will try to get video when I have another flag

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what is happening, it’s not how it used to work. All heroes with mindless attack are affected I’ve checked Alfrike, same problem.

2 Likes

Xandrella has the same problem with her ability too. Also, what’s her ability called @staff because it doesn’t appear to have an outright name.

I just took a video and came here to report this and found this thread. It doesn’t happen 100% of the time which I thought interesting. I tested with zocc and alfrike VS a titan. In the same battle using alfrike , once titan only hit itself then the second time its special went off it hit itself then my team.

In the following battle the first special charge, it fired twice. Also tested with alfrike.

I haven’t tested enough with zocc to see if there’s a time the titan doesn’t fire twice. So far I’ve observed the fire twice behavior with zocc 100% but also wasn’t using pots to charge zocc up to test.

If you stun the titan it will only attack itself and not your team. In this case the mechanics are again not working as it should. Funny thing is that mindless attack is not working for almost 2 weeks…

1 Like

I think this might be a Mindless Attack issue in general. I am having the same thing happen during the Masquerade currently with Alfrike - the Bosses will use MA on an ally and then slash attack my team in the same turn, as long as their slash attack counter is down to 1. @PlayForFun should I create a new bug topic or does posting this in here work? It seems to be the same bug, but just more encompassing then originally thought.

3 Likes

Maybe there can be another topic about that, as this talks about the titans only.

1 Like

In raid apparently works ok

That is a relief, and good to know…thanks :nerd_face: