[SOLVED] Gullinbursti's damage reset

Hi, moderators and staff! After version 39 release, Gullinbursti’s special skill principle was changed, and it wasn’t mentioned in release notes.

BEFORE:

1. You activate the Boar
  2. Less than 3 turns passed
  3. One more skill activation - skill is reset, damage is not dealt

AFTER:

1. You activate Boar
  2. 1 or 2 turns passed
  3. One more skill activation - damage IS DEALT, and there is 3 turns till next damage

Is it a bug or the Boar was broken earlier and now it works how it was planned?

6 Likes

Wow, is that an unannounced buff for already strong hero?

3 Likes

I just tried it and the OP is correct. At least about what happens now. I don’t have a recording of how it happened before, but I feel like they are correct. When you overwrote the buff, it didn’t do damage. Not 100% sure, but that’s what I recall and I use the pigs a lot.

1 Like

I hadn’t seen that either, would certainly be a buff if it’s correct, even if it’s unintentional.

It is already mentioned in similiar bug post, here:
Special skill (ultimate) Gullinbursti

And yes, he is ultimate now, before V39 I carefully wait buff until dissapear, but after V39 no need to wait, as boosted HP is needed anytime until 200% HP.

4 Likes

I noticed this too. I though maybe I just hadn’t noticed before. It also fires the special when removed now too, like in War Equalizer. I found out the hard way when using a Seashat on him with a few of my heroes low health, they died.

1 Like

the dispel causing damage is not new. i also had to learn that the hard way.

the damage being proc’ed if Gulli heals again before three turns have passed is new for sure. it happened right when there was a 4* tournament without purple, so it was either the best timing or the worst timing.

2 Likes

I just tested and it is indeed changed. I honestly love this change. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m fairly sure that how it works now is how it used to work too…? Not 100% sure but fairly sure haha

i’m 100% sure this is not how it worked before haha. dispels and the like proc’ed the damage, yes, but Gullinbursti resetting the buff himself by firing again would reset the damage counter without dealing the damage.

1 Like

Co-sign. And it didn’t used to proc when he died, either, I don’t think.

I wonder if it has something to do with the new “order of operations” thing they introduced, where various status effects are shown, and proc, in the order they were received? (Or was that just a visual thing, and they always proc’d that way?)

No it wasn’t, before I used to dump tile on Gullin to force him to reset the skill duration to prevent it from firing.

1 Like

An interesting find in raids today VS the hatter, the steal of specials took Gullinbursti’s buff and triggered the special damage at the same time.

2 Likes

Something is wrong with Gullinbursti. His skill gives him +249% attack? Watch this video and pay attention to his attack stats.

Normal attack = 4046
After special skill = +1,174 (+29%)
After he or allies are hit = +10,074 (+249%)!!!

Not sure it the 20% is per tile or turn, but even if it is tile, the 9 tiles hit them 29% + 20%*9 = 209%

Notice how he then one shot killed Kage with 2,509

This is on Normal Mode!

1 Like

Are you counting minion hits here too?
This is the type of reaction I’ve seen and expect.

1 Like

The best counter to gulli is like mist, malosi or maybe costume Sabina… Someone that blocks stats affects so he never gets the attack up or damage to you for him and allies being attacked.

Or you can just kill the boar before the damage explode.

1 Like

That is an alternative most likely to happen in a raid setting, him as a boss probably too much health for the first time he fires.

Yeah it definitely didn’t fire when it got refreshed in the past. I did also run into the Hatter interaction. Stole the buff and it went off and killed my hatter and then went off the next turn when it expired from my team.

Gullinbursti in tournament become more annoying and OP since this hidden unannounced buff.

Why is this change not announced? @KiraSG

2 Likes