[SOLVED] Featured Alliance Message Disappears / Doesn’t Save / Not Saving [MASTER]

@Petri Here are some screenshots. I went in and set the alliance message and saved it

This is what chat looked like immediately after

Then I went and did a raid and came back to chat

As you can see, the message disappeared

10 Likes

Thanks for the screenshots so I can see how this is intended to display. Bonus points for the clever Frozen reference.

Most of my alliance has updated, they can see in system notes where I had set a featured message, pertaining to another bug this update caused. No one is able to see the message however, and when I went into settings, the message had disappeared.

I updated and have set the message several times. I don’t see it in chat with this account. I logout and check with my alt and there’s nothing(both are v20). When I go back to main the message is gone from setting. The stems message says I changed the featured message but it never pops up.

Using v20 and it keeps disappearing.

1 Like

Our message has dissapeared. It worked fine after I got the update yesterday, but is now glitched.

couldnt see it at first. but now its always there. android user

lets have a bit of patience

edit: now it doesnt show for me either

The featured alliance message keeps resetting, it wont stay pinned
:sorry, didnt see the other post on it

@zephyr1, can you merge this with the known issue thread?

I have same problem with our featured message

Same here. Doesn’t save.

Testing it with my co leaders, all updated, only the writer sees it, and then it disappears

Same here, not very professional, not no big issue!

This is happening to me too.

Same issue here. Displays for 30 seconds then disappears. Like the feature though if you can get it to work correctly.

Yup, same here, making it very useless…
It’s an awesome idea, tho… We used status for exchanging important info… This hides it from nonmembers… Just, well, fix it :wink:

Was this not tested in beta? Another rollout feature that should have never went live, just like the talent grids. If this was tested in beta, how do bugs like this get through to live servers? And seeing as I just got my update today and people had it 2 days ago, you guys have already had live bug reports for 72 hours with no fix. Disappointing. @Petri

Yes. Have tried it several times. Co-leader tried. As soon as screen changes the message is gone and nothing saved. Members area not seeing message

Got updated update and message was there, then I left cane back and its reset to blank. Android user. V20. Newest build.

1 Like

The latest release with alliance feature message is a great concept. Be able to post a message to the group that isn’t your description, but also won’t disappear in the social interaction of chat.
Problem is right now you are the only one that sees what you wrote. You can see that others have changed it, (notice in chat), but you can’t see what they wrote. Either your message stays taunting you above chat, or the window just closes and you see nothing.
I love the concept. I understand it’s a new feature and that it’s going to take some time to get it fully functional. This is just some feedback to let you know what it is and isn’t doing.

2 Likes