[KNOWN ISSUE] Delay when collecting and upgrading heroes

It’s actually the game taking away that 5* hero from your TC20 and replacing it with Bane or Dawa.

I kid, I kid. I get it to - builds an extra second of anticipation LOL.

4 Likes

same problem for me.

Same pause for me too with the latest update.

It’s happening to those that haven’t updated yet either.

This is something on the backend apparently.

Ah, okay. I had read the early reports today before I updated, but had not seen the issue for myself. Once I updated, began seeing it immediately.

In any case, it hasn’t manifested during a Titan battle so is just an annoyance. I’m sure SG will get it squared away.

1 Like

Well reports may have been a little off; just now my alt (1.9.5 still) was fine, but my main (1.9.6) had the swirly.

Hasn’t impacted anything significant just a small delay.

It looks like there is now a check-back to the server before getting heroes or loot. I wonder if someone found a hack to adjust those pulls on the client-side?

1 Like

Wasn’t happening to either me on my iphone 6splus or my sons on their ipad. As soon as I updated E&P on my phone, slowness.

Same here, and my husband noticed it too.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug with leveling up heroes since 1.9.6?

Thank you for the report. We are aware of the small delay when collecting trained heroes and rewards in 1.9.6. This is part of our ongoing effort to prevent potential ways of cheating in the game. However, we’ll be listening closely to the player feedback on this matter and continue to improve our implementation.

7 Likes

Maybe replace the swirly “waiting for connection”icon with something that builds anticipation, like the summons gate does.

4 Likes

I’ll deal with the delay if it prevents cheaters. Thanks for the transparency on this.

3 Likes

How does a delay stop cheaters? How were ppl cheating in the first place?

I can’t answer the second, but to the first, it appears SG has added more check-backs to the server. My guess is that there was a hack that let people report spectacular outcomes from pulls, etc.in the client, that were the pushed onto server. It appears they’ve added a validation step when new items or heroes are put into the client, which is slower but more secure.

Memory exploitation, won’t go into details. The important thing is that the development is trying to circumvent the unfairness that is known to exist. It spoils the fun of playing this game when you have people cheating the system. While the delay is noticeable, little annoying, but necessary at this time. Kudos to SG! :+1:

1 Like

Wait ppl got to pick what they wanted? That’s crap I’ve been playing for months and don’t have the team I want. Glad they shut it down then.

I heard a rumor about jacking up gem counts, but clearly there was something amiss. I’m willing to put up with a second’s delay to shut whatever down.

1 Like

I still like your idea to mask the delay by using some sort of flashy graphic, just like what we see in the hero summons.

1 Like

kudos for preventing cheating, but need to find a better solution.

Delay is significant on IOS devices not only with receiving heroes, but when upgrading hero…shows what would happen by using heroes for upgrade, but when selected, reverts to previous hero screenshot… only after another look at the hero do you see correct upgrade bar.

The whole delay is fairly annoying. Maybe do a spinning clock, or put a slot machine spinner, maybe hand out a glass of vodka while u wait… something please!

1 Like