[SOLVED] Can no longer scroll on Samsung Note 8 with S-pen / Stylus no longer working on Note 10 (Fixed in v25.1.2)

Please, read this topic from the very beginning.
Several people have already written that they had the same problem in other games and the developers fixed it in a week.
This issue occurred after one of the updates.
After analyzing, what was the reason, you can find a solution if you deal with this problem, rather than generating new 5 * heroes, to make money on the fools who play this roulette.

Well I triedā€¦ All I was suggesting was to have patience, but it seems the consensus is that SGG have it out for Samsung users.

Iā€™ve also worked closely with sw coders and testers, tho not done any coding myself. What Guvnor says is correct: slowness is not necessarily due to greed, malice, neglect or stupidity, nor a conspiracy against Samsung users.
As a player eagerly waiting to get my game up to expected level, Iā€™m ofc very concerned about the schedule of the fix. On this count, SG is not performing well. Imo at least weekly VOLUNTARY updates by SG would be due on this forum topic. For example, how is the partner progressing with the issue, if it is out of SGs control? Also would appreciate this showing up in one of the known issues list, not just an acknowledged issue in this forum topic.
For non-Samsung users, please understand this is not just a QoL issue. Since the stylus works elsewhere, itā€™s natural to expect it to also work in EP. When it does not, it slows your game and gives you poorer results for example fighting titans where speed is needed.

5 Likes

As far as I can see no one has suggested SGG has it in for Samsung or Apple users (theyā€™re having their own problems since the last update) all weā€™re asking for is to keep us informed and a possible date for this to be resolved.
Now I personally think this is reasonable and not asking to much

3 Likes

At least I hope theyā€™re trying to fix it.

1 Like

I agree with Clarity5, on all points, well made.
I donā€™t expect an over night fix to such a problem but the lack of communication or updates, almost always compounds the problem. Is only natural people become disgruntled when feeling their concerns are being dismissed, even if they arenā€™t.
Even a little scheduled lip service can go a long way than leaving many feeling ignored.

2 Likes

@Shadowlander Agreed!

I guess this is the reason why scrolling screenshot isnā€™t working on my s10 plus either

I donā€™t think itā€™s ever worked.

1 Like

Another update and the problem is still a problem

Again, if it is with an EXTERNAL company at this stage (As per the Developers response in #76), there isnā€™t anything that SG can do until the external company comes back with an implementable solution.

Thatā€™s simply untrue. Either thereā€™s a contract which can be leveraged, or thereā€™s no requirement to use the 3rd party company.

The time and lack of communication on this issue is unacceptable.

3 Likes

Haha yeah okā€¦ lets just get them to magic a solution into place thenā€¦ Bugs arenā€™t always quick fixesā€¦ If itā€™s gone to an external 3rd party then its outside the expertise of SGG developers.

Yes you can try leveraging a contract but if they donā€™t have a solution pestering them to create/get one isnā€™t going to make it existā€¦

Dude, git bisect (or similar in other VCS) would find the issue in a day or two, tops. Yeah, I was a dev for a couple decades.

And yes, the contract should have terms in it for SLAs, otherwise itā€™s a worthless contract.

And hey, even if they donā€™t have a solution, they could still post here saying as much. Because thatā€™s what companies with decent support do when thereā€™s nothing else to say.

3 Likes

An update broke it so an update to correct it shouldnā€™t be that hard. Wouldnā€™t it just be a matter of comparing the version that worked with update 24 and correcting the string of code that effects this issue?

1 Like

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

I would have thought that the lack of solution was evidence enough that there was not yet a solution but maybe thatā€™s just meā€¦

Another update and nothing has changed.
And no information about the problem.
It seems to me that developers will play this game themselves in a couple of years. )

Was coming to say the same thingā€¦yet another update with no s-pen solution. :frowning:

2 Likes

Mayhap theyā€™re hoping we tire of complaining.

Well, what Iā€™m getting tired of is having a $1000 device designed to function at max performance with the use of an S-pen, not a stylus, and not being able to play my favorite game without getting frustrated because no one at SG seems to be placing much importance on correcting the issue in a timely manner.

4 Likes