[KNOWN ISSUE] Can no longer scroll on Samsung Note 8 with S-pen / Stylus no longer working on Note 10

Same issue on Note 9. Please fix e&p!

4 Likes

Seems there’s an issue with any stylus one Samsung based on reading another thread. Hope it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

Literally nothing changed on the phone…just the game update.

5 Likes

Very annoing playing without stylus

5 Likes

This is not a stylus sensitivity issue. This problem arose for many different players after the last update of the game.
There are no problems with other programs. Only with Еmpires & puzzles.

4 Likes

Just an FYI - I do not believe you are allowed to post directly any response received from SG support. You can paraphrase it, but I’m pretty sure that taking a screenshot of the message and posting it here is not permitted.

Edit: yeah, it’s stated here:

Posting any private messages or e-mails (regardless of topic) received from staff, moderators or support is strictly prohibited.

3 Likes

Judging from the replies to this consolidated thread, it’s not every Samsung phone or tablet, it’s specifically the Samsung’s S-pen stylus that is used with Note models. The S-pen has a very small tip similar to a ballpoint pen. I have a fat-tipped aftermarket stylus and it still works in E&P for scrolling and swiping tiles.

My guess is that SG increased the recognizable touch radius in the patch, perhaps to address fat-fingering problems on small phones.

3 Likes

Same situation on Galaxy Tab S4, happened after the most recent update (yesterday)

Once again I want to repeat. The stylus works in the program but the ability to scroll disappeared AFTER THE LAST UPDATE. Two years everything was ok but now something happened with different styluses on different gadgets of different models, because they simultaneously lost their sensitivity? It is nonsense.
This is not a stylus sensitivity problem. This is a software problem.

5 Likes

I have a Note 8 with similar problem. I came across this post accidentally but glad I did. I replaced my tips and tried another stylus and it still didn’t work. Hope they fix it soon. I’ve never heard of this type of problem.

1 Like

I can scroll here on the forum and everywhere else but stylus response is muted or non- existent on the game.

1 Like

I have the same issue on Samsung Galaxy tab S4, E&P 24.0.0 build 1144.

2 Likes

Same problem here with Samsung Galaxy note 10 plus.

1 Like

Same problem here with Samsung Galaxy note 18

1 Like

Started directly after the update this morning on my Note 9. Frustrating, does not even begin to describe it and has brought my game play to a screeching halt.
Hope they fix this sooner than later.

3 Likes

Same Problem on Note 9 After update version24, works fine everywhere else, only cannot scroll or swipe in the game

2 Likes

Note 10 plus same, s pen can click on stuff, cannot scroll around or slide to match tiles anymore, all since update.

1 Like

Same problem with my Note 3. Thank god for this thread i though it was my stylus not working well anymore.

1 Like

An S Pen interfaces differently than a stylus does. An aftermarket stylus like you speak of is no different than your finger as far as your device is concerned. This is definently a software issue with the latest update causing this problem.

1 Like

I definitely agree that it’s a software issue on SG’s end. The game fully supported the S-pen before the patch and SG needs to restore that functionality ASAP.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings