[KNOWN ISSUE] Autocorrect & Autocapitalization no longer working in Chat iOS update 24.0

I found that when this happens if I just select all and copy, I can close the chat window and reopen it, paste in the chat I copied and the cursor will stop going back to the start.

1 Like

I hope SG fixes this soon. Many of the people in my alliance, including me, use iOS devices. Many of us are so frustrated that in game chat has basically dried up. It’s impacting morale, which will in turn affect whether people play the game at all. Please make this a priority @Petri. Thanks

2 Likes

@Oblivion, May I suggest having your alliance DL LINE, free and very easy to use. It’s saved me from losing the remaining portion (about walnut size, I may still be able to be a T-Rex in checkers) of my mind. Plus it great for sharing links/pics/info of any kind. Not to mention there’s the middle finger emote (IMO the BEST reason to use it)

P.S I’m suggesting this because although I believe it should be a priority, I do not believe SG feels the same. It also may be more difficult to fix than we realize. Whatever the reason, it may be awhile

Reporting latest update did NOT correct this issue.

In my simple mind…just back out the changes made in 24 that pooched the autocorrect and viola…problem solved.

1 Like

Now that would be to easy :joy:

1 Like

Why can’t this get fixed guys? Make it a priority please. It’s simply ridiculous that this has gone on now for 5-6 weeks with no resolution. It’s as if you don’t care and that is a shame considering how much money iOS users are spending on the game. Seriously, fix it.

Well to their credit, SG announced it is known.

To their detriment, it seems they’re more focused on rolling out new features then fixing what those new features broke.

1 Like

Yeah @Tygrant, I was hoping a fix would be instituted in this latest update…but the snow looks nice? :joy:

As others have said, version 25 did not fix autocorrect. Can we get an update on what’s happening here and if there is actually work being done to fix chat feature? Thanks!

I think this holds the answer… Anytime something has to go to the outside or partner company the fix takes longer than normal. It’s also normally a big issue that they don’t have the knowledge, expertise and/or resources to fix.

While this route does take longer, I’m personally glad that SG has taken the time to prioritize it enough to get it worked on ASAP. Even if that means realizing they can’t work on it in-house.

That being said, I am happy to announce that I have become proficient in a new language! I can now add ‘typo’ to the Languages section of my resume. :smirk:

3 Likes

Lmao @LadySuzanne, I didn’t realize that would be a useful skill. I’m just glad I have an iron clad excuse for my lack of ability spelling words correctly.

“het giys this danm vhst is rudivukous!!”

Yup, just the ■■■■ chat not working correctly, nothing to do with the walnut sized brain over here :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Unacceptable. Fix it now. There is no reason why spellcheck does not work on IOS devices. You are hurting players gameplay.

Well… it not working clearly gives credence to there being a reason… Just saying…

As for “Fix it now” well they are working on it… if you read post #160 in this thread the SGG Staff have said they are working on it with an external partner as it’s beyond their in-house skills & capabilities.

1 Like

Cookie Settings