[SOLVED] Autocorrect & Autocapitalization no longer working in Chat iOS update 24.0 (Fixed in v25.1.2)

Hello,
Since about 2 weeks, I do not know if it comes from an update of IOS or Empire, but my keyboard in the chat does not correct the spelling anymore and offers me the prediction. Only and only in EMPIRE. in other game or in the sms it works. Very strange!! obviously I reboot the phone. Do you have an idea ?? Thank you

They are looking into it. This has been on the dashboard daily for a bit now.

@zephyr1 @DaveCozy @littleKAF @Rook

4 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread (Sorry, too lazy to look :rofl:) but spellcheck and predictive text does appear when using the swipe to text option. This may be an option for those affected until SG can fix this.

I tried this and it worked… kinda. I’ve never used the swipe to text option and it was agonizingly slow for me. After a few minutes working with it, I decided my alliance mates would just have to deal. :laughing: Others may have a different experience and this will work well.

2 Likes

Same here. As much as autocrazy drives me nuts, I miss it.

2 Likes

@Jules574, I didn’t realize just how illiterate my thumb actually was until we lost it

1 Like

Are they not going to fix this? It’s been a long time. And it’s sooooo annoying.

Thanks for this, I just explained it to my alliance as a workaround, then went to show someone and the keyboard snaps to the lower left, covering anything I type. Force quitting the a app seems to bring normal behavior back again. Funny the workaround needs a workaround.

Edit: I guess it’s always on with iPhone, iPad requires pinching to shrink the keyboard.

1 Like

Hi SGG
A couple updates ago the chat changed. I have an IOS device and the chat won’t capitalize unless I do it and if I go make a correction in text it goes back to the beginning message it won’t let me get to the end of my message. I have to either send it incomplete/incorrect or I have to erase the message and start over. Just something strange you might want to look into.

1 Like

@Sparky, THIS has been driving my NUTS!! I’m forced to send HALF a message because there’s no way to get back to where you were once you go correct something. Makes me feel angry, my phone doesn’t like it when I’m angry…HULK SMASH!!!

1 Like

Since two updates ago, the keyboard no longer starts with proper caps automatically turned on (start on caps for first letter, switching to caps after a period, etc).

@zephyr1 @Rook (and all other mods that my brain is too tired to remember…) This appears to be a duplicate thread. Merge?

[SOLVED] Autocorrect & Autocapitalization no longer working in Chat iOS update 24.0 (Fixed in v25.1.2)

3 Likes

You’re probably right.

The problem in my case is only with E&P and not with the iOS version as far as I am aware. No other apps have this problem, and the problem is the same between the current and much older iOS versions on two different devices.

2 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

When will autocorrect be reinstated to chat txt? My thumbs can’t take this anymore lol

4 Likes

@Petri Are there any updates you could offer? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

As noted on the other know issue topic ([SOLVED] Can no longer scroll on Samsung Note 8 with S-pen / Stylus no longer working on Note 10 (Fixed in v25.1.2) - #76 by Petri), we are currently working with one of our partner companies towards a solution, but I cannot give a timeframe for when it is ready at this point as this issue is beyond our control.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience caused by this!

8 Likes

Thanks! I wouldn’t have thought to look there.

Please fix chat! Since the last update chat no longer autocorrects and the sentence no longer begins with a capital letter. Most annoying and frustrating. Thank you.

1 Like

I found that when this happens if I just select all and copy, I can close the chat window and reopen it, paste in the chat I copied and the cursor will stop going back to the start.

2 Likes