[SOLVED - V30 Update] An-windr counterattack damage is not reflected / S3 7-10 hard mode very difficult

No, all 5 of my heroes were in good shape heath wise.

A few observations I have made so far regarding An-Windr’s special strike he makes when killed, dispellled or the 4 turns are over (99% sure as I’ve tested most things only once or twice + damage values have a certain randomness factor)

• Boosting your own def or reducing An-Windr’s attack makes absolutely no difference

• Reducing An-Windr’s attack (like Horghall’s -34%) seem to make no difference at all. Boosting the own def does have an effect.
    I made a mistake regarding the interpretation of my own data as I always dispelled An-Windr with costumed Melendor which caused to set my defence to +42% no matter if there was no defence buff active or Wilbur’s much higher+63%. Hadn’t realized that Melendor’s def buff happens before the dispel

• His own attack boost (the one that goes from 22 to 282%) has no effect on the special damage. The damage output only increases by the amount the special percentage increases (148 to 168%). An-Windr’s special damage is only moderately higher when his special’s values are maxed. It would, however, be more than tripled if his attack boost counted as well.

• Riposte has no effect (no damage gets reflected to him)

• Blind has no effect (he always hits)

• Taunt has no effect (he hits all despite BK’s taunt being active)

However,

• heroes in Ghost form are immune
  • BK’s 50% chance to reduce the damage to 1 remains intact

In map stages, An-Windr can be ‘tamed’ with mana control heroes (Proteus, but also Mist, LJ, Leonidas, Chao etc.) which can always be charged with mana pots.

However, if the hero we can summon is released with the same traits, he would be completely OP in 3* raid tournaments (especially in combination with a spirit link hero)

In particular the unchanged damage when his attack is lowered or the heroes’ defense is buffed seems like a bug to me.

6 Likes

Did you get screenshots or a video? That’s the only way you are going to be able to prove any issues, I’m afraid. It sucks, but that’s how it is.

An-Windr is amazingly deadly. I cannot wait to see this “3* hero” be released into the public for raid use and challenge events. I already have FEARS at least one 5* hero will have a similar ability down the line.

I did not record the fight. Thanks for the feed back, an alliance member had the same thing happen to him so this concludes us to at least an answer. The game needs to find new ways to gain capital.

I look at the v.29 release note, there is nothing about An-Windr bug fix.

Does that mean:

1. Executing 168% damage upon dispelled or death.
  2. 168% damage is not returned by riposte.

Is intended??? Not a bug??? Seriously???
@zephyr1 @Petri

2 Likes

Still, the main problem, even with reading it in the first place, lots of people underestimate the damage.
Because 168% sound easy when you often fight with ursenas and their 260%.

Problem here is the great amount of base damage, similar to some titans, where you are even happy for their special to fire, because the special can be rehealed, while the single hit just punches on after the other maxed 5star hero out of his way.

Still, riposte should have to work here. Please fix.

1 Like

Thank you for the reports! I’ve marked this as a known issue (An-windr counterattack damage not reflecting). We are planning to fix this in the next version (v30).

However, please note that the following are working as intended:

• Dispelling the effect will trigger it, since the dot description says “when the effect ends”
  • Death will trigger it as well and this is intended
8 Likes

Not just the boss, but also the mobs.

This is NOT an arithmetic progression.

+Z * caster hits

This is a geometric progression because his attack stat
AND
special skill damage both go up
AND
it is any hit to him or his allies ( boss or mobs )

*Y * defense team hits *Z * defense team hits

This is insane.

But like Pokémon GO, it only happens because the scaling of a 3* hero to a boss.

Rumor from beta says his special skill is much less devastating as a slow +4 turn 3* hero.

2 Likes

Funnily, I didn’t notice much difference between An-Windr’s special damage no matter if his attack was boosted by 22% or 282%.

It seems as if the 148-168% special damage are not multiplied with the attack boost. Like Miki and Tarlak it seems to only boost normal damage but not special damage. Otherwise, the damage output would have to be at least three times as high (and do 1500++ damage in normal mode)

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Boss An-Windr is probably hitting the attack stat soft cap very quickly. Unlike the 3* An-Windr.

As he is a slow heroes, in raid a dispeller willl be ready as soon as he fire, that dispel will trigger damage but not as devastating as it doesn’t have enough hit to accumulate greater damage.

1 Like

As I played in normal mode and the screenshots from hard mode prove damage values of over 1500, I should be quite a bit below any attack/damage cap.

However, there seems to be a general problem with his attack boost. His slash attack seems to be unaffected by his attack boost as well. And the 430 damage he did to my Sabina when his attack boost was super-high are definitely well below any cap. I’ve seen bosses doing much harder slash attacks so far.

One other funny thing I found out about An-Windr’s special: If he gets dispelled by a hero that also boosts defense (e.g. costumed Melendor), the defense buff seems to work already (and lower the damage)
EDIT: This works as intended. Melendor first boosts the heroes’ defence and then dispels.

Just dispelled him with Melendor (and +82% attack boost) and then with Sabina (and +22% attack boost)

Melendor keeps the damage between 498 and 567. An-Windr had, as can be seen 82% attack boost.

Screenshot_20200430-020155
However, when Sabina dispels An-Windr wizh only 22% Boost, the damage ranges from 606 to 740 (not counting Sabina herself as her def value is even quite a bit lower than Melendor’s and in the other screens she wasn’t part of the team).

Here the same team when An-Windr is at +288% attack.

The values are somewhat higher than in the first pair of screenshots, but this is for two reasons:

• It’s only Kiril’s 30% def boost, not Melendor’s 42%.
  • An-Windr’s special attack is at its maximum of 168% instead of 152%.

But they are quite a bit lower than in the second pair when his attack boost is at +22% and his special at 148%.

For me, these screens (not able to post videos) prove

• attack boost does not modify An-Windr’s special attack (only the special attack value which goes from 148 to 168% does)
  • def buffs casted simultaneously with dispel (like costumed Melendor’s special) already work when An-Windr’s special attack goes off
2 Likes

How come hatter doesnt steal? Instead just ends in damage

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I have killed him, and when he dies all 5 of my heroes die and i get defeated. The first time I paid the 75 gems. He has 54 health left and no mana. I killed him immediately, then all my heroes died again and I was defeated. Tried one more time with heroes that prevent him from gaining mana, but the exact same thing happened again. I’m up to date, running 29.0.1, but now I can’t continue.

Wow. Just died again. With a team powered 4278. I’ve spent probably close to $1k over the couple of years to get the heroes and items for my team and my sons, but if the boss will just wipe out a maxed out 5* team by using his power once then I’m probably done.

1 Like

Well there’s Time Stop to make him no Mana before he charge right? …:roll_eyes::thinking::face_with_monocle:

Because if all the stage is as easy as Auto playing. Then it’s gonna be boring tho.

Hi some my mate has problems with 7-10 hard on the season 3, the final boss has a special really over powered, and when Sabina clean his special, he oneshot everyone… But they weren’t hit before, so the damage, should be little. I have video and photos…

This is just ridiculous. I haven’t even hit An-Windr with any tiles and I used Kage directly after he fires; he oneshots my entire 5* team 1800 damage.

Essentially once he fires, everyone’s deadmeat. Not everyone has Hel! And Proteus/Merlin just couldn’t last on normal attacks.