[SOLVED -- V37 Update] Alfrike + Blind (e.g. Wu-Kong or Drake) or Dodge (e.g. C-Kadilen, Ninjas etc...) or Fighter Revive: All remaining cubes fail

Staff said they were going to fix this back in July. Then they were still investigating in August…how many new features/heroes/nerfs have been made since then? Their priorities are clearly not about fixing the game and it’s issues, just about bringing out more profitable content.

2 Likes

sadly it seems to be the case.
heros in clear need of buffs are ignored.
MANY simple quality of life suggestions are ignored (the ideas section is full of them) and they are easy to implement (i have development background).

sadly things are rushed for quick cash grabs and game quality is going downhill without them realising that. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! please keep us posted with any news on the matter!

1 Like

Version 36 can’t come sooner. Sick of Alfrike’s cubes not firing. Just keeping this post alive until problem is fixed.

1 Like

Same here. Still happening in dense fog as of 2/16/2021.

1 Like

Yep. They said they will look into it in version 36.

Easy fix 1.have her passive ability be not susceptible to blindness

Easy fix 2: say her attack is chain and keep her missing cubes.

The easiest fix is to copy their in-house code they use for Emma (a hero in Puzzle Combat) where the execution is:

1. Fire all 5 cubes (inc. animation), allocating random enemies
  2. Proc any “miss” chance (Blind, Wu Kong, Dodge etc…)
  3. Proc Damage
  4. Proc all Status Effects

Video:
ezgif-7-bd7b494d0d16
Notice how all 6 shots are fired first. THEN it proc’s the miss chance from the Gambler Buff (yes, theres a “wu kong -esq” hero there too) THEN it calculates the damage.

Emma’s skill (and effects) for reference:

I’ll be honest, this was the immediate solution I saw for this bug… Just figured that the SG team would have been quicker in implementing it…

@KiraSG / @Petri think it’s worth checking that this is the way it’s going to be fixed?

2 Likes

Still happening. lost 2 tournament battles because my alfrike didn’t fire all cubes. once due to line another due to dodge

1 Like

I just saw the release notes for V36 Here.

I’m assuming it’s not the full release notes, as it does not mention Alfrike at all. Is it still planned that Alfrike will be fixed in this newest version?

1 Like

Unfortunately, the fix didn’t make it to the Version 36 update. We are hoping to get this fixed in Version 37!

1 Like

This is a huge shame, given that Alfrike sees a high amount of play particularly in very fast war. At the moment, players exploit this bug to their advantage.

2 Likes

They said they were “aiming” which in other words meant they were going to try.

I insist that SG is “aiming” more to microtransactions, stuffing the game with useless new heroes (then releasing the absolutely OP ninjas for those who pay real money) and programming paywalls such as fhe goblin balloon. I don’t see how they could take the time to write the code for the goblin balloon and not take the time to fix what is wrong in the game.

1 Like

That’s a shame. :frowning: I opened a ticket with SGG on Saturday after it lost me a war battle, and they update the ticket about 2am this morning saying it would be resolved in V. 36.

1 Like

This issue was first raised in May 2020. It was marked ‘possibly solved’ in V30. But it wasn’t. In July 2020, we succeeded it getting it back to ‘known issue’ status.

We are now in March 2021 and V36+ with no solution yet.

Does this win the record for the ‘longest known and unsolved’ bug in the game?

4 Likes

Maybe it’s more an issue of chosing the right moment to release the updated description of her special: ‘Casts a Dark Cube to a random enemy. If dark cube hits an enemy, casts another one, up to 5 in sum.’

:joy:

Yeah no… her special is and should not be chained… c’mon, very slow mana to have ger fire 1 cube? Alfrike then is worse than that shark that damages your own team… So useless I can’t even remember its name

Same song and dance, instead of fixing problems they just create more content. It can’t be that hard, as mentioned above, they have a similar mechanic in puzzle combat and it works. Priorities are all wrong here.

Seriously peeps the Lady Loki blind defect was fixed. Alfrike will likely be next. We don’t know how testing went.

In an agile world when you hit the time limit you release what works. The intent is, it will be fixed. In meantime run a cleanser with her.

It’s more just annoying as ■■■■ because this bug was reported in May 2020… almost 12 months ago now and STILL hasn’t been fixed…

9 Likes

Feel it when I raid or war with Alfrike.