Knights of Avalon new hero assessment

Guys what do we think of the new Knights of Avalon heroes? Please post assessment and opinions here.

2 Likes

Guinevere is OP. King Arthur is boring (another blue guy with big sword). The others are good.

1 Like

Decent heros (5 stars), but i prefer

Blue: Athena
Green: Lianna
Yellow: Musashi, Joon
Purple: Sartana
Red: Marjana, Ares, Elena

Wont be using any gems on this summon i think.

Arthur: Amazing
Guin: Going to get nerfed
Lancelot: interesting
Merlin: One of the best skills in the game
Morgan: looking for her niche

I only got Lancelot for far too many gems, on the alt I roll a 1x10 and pulls 3/5 including Arthur. FML.

Oh well, will be re-evaluating my spending in game: I know itā€™s luck, and I know sometimes that goes horrendously badly but itā€™s just not worth it.

1 Like

Not sure how this one works. Does the debuff stay until mana is full and then it auto-hits ally 3 turns or the target has to get mana full in 3 turns and it hits only once? What about titan? Does it idle for 3 turns?

1 Like

The debuff stays for 3 turns. During those 3 turns the enemy has the ā€˜Mindless attackā€™ status effect. It can be cured. When a hero has ā€˜Mindless attackā€™ and his mana is full it attacks a random ally (even himself) with 120% (or 140%, or something, tap and hold on an affected hero to see the exact figure) of the normal attack and loses all his mana. The normal attack looks like the normal attack you see in raid defense (not the special skill attack).

Depending how many times the mana becomes full during the 3 turns, a hero with the ā€˜Mindless attackā€™ status effect can attack his allies 0, 1, 2, and theoretically even 3 times.

So I guess itā€™s a bit odd that the hero under ā€˜Mindless attackā€™ uses 100% of its mana and does a normal attack (with a bit more damage).

1 Like

I see, so timing is important, that makes this skill hit or miss. I wish it was Fast skill.

Yeah, and she should change the board and throw me cookies.

Cā€™mon, itā€™s already OP, it used to be fast in beta and it was simply the best hero even among 5*.

1 Like

As Elpis said - in beta it was fast and it was brutal. You canā€™t discount how powerful 100% mana reduction is if it gets triggered - think about how much this would suck on a raid and how cool it would be on a high level titan. Itā€™s a rare feature anyways (mana reduction), but 100% some say is crazy!

Gwen is really tough overall, if you donā€™t bring double purple and a dispeller you can spend 20 minutes trying to take her out (I excluded time stops as this only applied on advanced).

2 Likes

Arthur and Guin remain OP in my opinion.

The lack of actual changes in beta (lowering some stats but not changing anything that makes them OP) and the trend of only releasing ā€˜must-haveā€™ heroes for titans as untrainable ā€˜limited time onlyā€™ are steps towards more P2W that Iā€™m not happy about.

5 Likes

100% agree loortsā€¦ this is a HUGE step towards pay to win. These are going to be broken in raids, and if alliance wars is raid based, what does that mean for the game?

For forum point: my assessment is:

Arthur: Really strong, but doesnā€™t match Athena

Guin: Broken, absolutely broken. Honestly unreal how this powerful of a hero got added into a straight up pay to win aspect of the game. This will also get nerfā€™d in the future, it literally has to.

Lancelot: Attack+ and Mana Regenā€¦ basically a P2W Boldtusk

Merlin: Meh. Built the way stuff should be; Dispellable.

Morgan: The big one in my eyes. Iā€™m getting very tired of these canā€™t be dispelled things. She is a nightmare and I hope they add ways to remove these ā€œcan not be dispelledā€ things.

I kind of harp on pay to win quite a bit, but this is literally making me want to quit. Iā€™m sure they donā€™t care to lose somebody whoā€™s only spend $200ish, but at the same time this canā€™t be healthy for the community to continually add these extremely powerful heroes with literally no counter for non pay scenarios.

4 Likes

To fight them and to play with them is really different. Some of these folks I I donā€™t find that useful in the real game environment based on using them in beta on titans, raids, normal levels, etc.

1 Like

i did 2 10xpulls and ended with 2 lancelot and 2 merlin, so i assume they arenā€™t going to be that great. still gonna train them up though, weā€™ll see how they do.

ā€¦and alas, this game continues to deny me a 5*ā€¦ curses.

Donā€™t underestimate Merlinā€™s 100% mana reduction possibility on a titan

I did a ten pull and got Lancelot and Merlin. I think Merlin is intriguing. Would like to play with Gwin and morgan just to see how that works in a team placement sense but am not champing at the bit to get them. I may change my mind when every second raid team becomes impossible to beat!

I did 3x10 event summons and got 4 Merlins :upside_down_face:
Iā€™m very happy to get him,but 4 is silly :crazy_face:
I didnā€™t get any 5* by the way, but more than 30% 4*, just for the record :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

hope they add ways to remove these ā€œcan not be dispelledā€ things.

Id say be careful what you wish for. I predict that those Will be the exact new tier of untrainable p2w heroes theyā€™ll release :wink:

2 Likes

When there will be more undispellable effects than the normal ones heroes like Rigard will be horrible. Like if we got easy access to defensive dispel on raids.

Seems that recently 5* heroes specials are escaling quickly.

1 Like

Would you risk it and leave antidotes at home?