šŸ‘‘ Knights of Avalon: Black Knight ā€“ Thoughts & Discussion

His allies donā€™t get taunt. Only the Black Knight gets taunt. This is what Tauntā€™s buff looks like: Taunt

Black Knight buffs his allies with a berserk attack buff Berserk The same as Brienne, Namahage, and Khionaā€™s buff. Thatā€™s what isnā€™t dispelled, even from his nearby allies if taunt was active

4 Likes

Thanks. So it is enough to hit him in raids/wars with Kage and taunt is gone for all his allies. Niceā€¦

Correct, as no one else besides him ever had tauntā€¦ however, the other heroes will still have the attack up but thatā€™s expected with kage, less expected with a target 3 dispeller, but it works the same as Queen with a minion, no one else is hit / dispelled if taunt is active.

1 Like

Oh! I am mixing him again with QoH whose minions give taunt to allies. Imagine if he gives taunt to all allies just as how QoHā€™s minions give taunt to its owner :grin:

What Iā€™m really curious about is how QoH and Black Knight behave on the same team together after firing both of their specials :smiley:

2 Likes

If QoH fires first then BKā€™s taunt doesnā€™t matter because the minion takes over. However, if the minion dies on the first turn does BKā€™s taunt stay? Hmmā€¦

When multiple QoHs have minion active you can attack any of them. It should work the same way for BK and QoH

3 Likes

Something else interesting that I thought about:

Mad Hatterā€™s skill only works against Black Knight if Taunt is active. However! That also means he steals Taunt! :open_mouth: So it kinda sucks in the sense that Hatter canā€™t steal all the other berserk attack buffs if Taunt is active, but itā€™s kinda neat thatā€¦ Taunt can be stolen!

B. Knight is close with Queen of Hearts in the sense they both get Taunt, but the way you deal with them is completely different

3 Likes

Positive on this? I donā€™t see any reason why hatter wouldnā€™t steal all effects as his steal isnā€™t subject to who he hits and all of these effects are dispellable. He would only hit BK, butā€¦ I could see him stealing everything, including taunt. (could be missing something here).

Well I donā€™t have Hatter, but his ā€œbuff stealā€ part of his skill works like a dispel. The reasoning behind this is pretty well founded, because he canā€™t steal anything that is marked as undispellable (including the attack buff in wars). Margaret herself actually resists Hatterā€™s steal :slight_smile:

So based on that:

• Taunt from B.K. protects allies from special skills, including dispels
  • Taunt from B.K. can be dispelled though
  • Mad Hatter must be able to steal Taunt, but based on Tauntā€™s protection it would only steal buffs from B.K.

Thatā€™s my reasoning anyways. Iā€™d be surprised if thereā€™s a special rule on Mad Hatterā€™s skill that lets him ignore Taunt :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I guess my understanding of taunt was a bit more linear, assumed it only stopped other heroes from being targeted (which for most dispellers is enoughā€¦ but Hatter works differently) ā€¦ interested to hear more on this from anyone that happens to use Hatter on BK in the event. (If I donā€™t see anything from anyone else, after I complete legend, Iā€™ll bring my 3/70 hatter in for a test).

@PeachyKeen may also be able to help.

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ Iā€™ll have to go mono green on a couple legendary levels to test it outā€¦

2 Likes

The one hero that most interested me of the new heroes was Black Knight after I read someoneā€™s comment about his deadly pairing with Aegir. The attack buff only lasts three turns but should easily make the slash attacks vicious (20% boost for each hit, the spirit link means any hit on any hero triggers a 20% for each hero. This also means the healing from Aegir should be phenomenal (or much, much better than under normal circumstances). BK is also the ā€œrightā€ element for this tank/flank pairing.

The taunt almost makes this OP in that specials wonā€™t be able to target the tank while BKā€™s taunt is active (I am assuming that Aegir tanks, as that maximizes the elemental benefits if someone were to stack against the tank). As said above, Debuffers are going to be key against BK.

Add GM to the mix and the enemy must also have a cleanser or burn to death.

Not sure an additional healer helps because that exacerbates the one glaring weakness, neither Aegir nor BK deal direct damage via specials nor pose a menace on tiles or slash attack so a healer means the last two much be very special indeed.

1 Like

Soā€¦ something likeā€¦ Zeline - BK - Aegir - Ursena - Drakeā€¦?

I feel he could be quite deadly with a Kunchen tank as wellā€¦ anything that brings defense down with him in the mix is going to be pretty dangerous Iā€™d assumeā€¦ Defensively he makes sense to me for sureā€¦ offensively Iā€™m still a bit unsure but would love to hear from folks.

1 Like

Now having Aegir and Kunchen (so not chasing after Guin), Frida (not chasing Arthur) and maxed Morgan (not chasing Morgan), he is the only reason for me to pull on Avalon. Great defense red, which I unfortunately lack. I will likely never get him, same as I never got Guin when I needed her. Love his special though.

1 Like

Pulled him in 10x pullā€¦ I am so happy:) and lucky to have Aegir too ā€¦ would you use BK with pairing with Aegir as a tank or a support?

2 Likes

Aegir tank, BK flank. This way BK can protect against specials and Aegir protects against tiles. Itā€™s also better colour-wise. I fthey stack green against Aegir they wonā€™t do much damage vs BK

3 Likes

I think heā€™s too powerful, and if youā€™re not a ā€œpay to winā€ gamer, then you will have like 0.1% chance to get him, I think itā€™s not fair against the free to play playersā€¦
1500 HP paired with that talent and armorā€¦ Too OP, or maybe Iā€™m just wrong

Yup. Life isnā€™t fair.

AND HOW DARE SG TRY TO MAKE A PROFIT!!!

3 Likes

Heā€™s definitely very powerful, and aside from defense heā€™s also very good for offense, mainly for the attack boost. Youā€™re not wrong.

Itā€™s also worth noting that trainable options like Sonya and Richard exist to deal with him as a tank though. Firing them in that order would let you dispel taunt and then overwrite the Berserk buff with atk- on two of his allies.

1 Like