šŸ‘‘ Knights of Avalon: Black Knight ā€“ Thoughts & Discussion

Have completely different experience with him. He is in my defense and quite often in my attack teams.
Use him in 4/1 and also in 3/2 and mono and am extremely happy with him even though not yet at 23 lvl mana troop.

Talking for normal boards

His main purpose in my attack teams is protecting in the middle of the raid when a special can change the outcome - usually he will charge when there are 3 heroes from the opposite side ready to fire specials - have taken out 2 heroes already, am down on health due to slash attacks and a special or two.
In mono with him, Wilbur and Falcon once charged - one 3 match wipes out the whole board.

Is one of my favorite heroes.

P.S in the very fast tourney now, BK at 6 tiles was ridiculous in attack :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting. In 4/1 do you use him as the 1 (or the 2 in a 3/2)?
Itā€™s possible that Iā€™ve gone so far into the all-out attack frame of mind that I have to re-adjust how I think about teams when I use BK. For the all-out attack mindset, teams are about doing as much damage as quickly as possible to prevent the opponent from even firing a special.

Iā€™ll have to think about some slower builds and see what I can come up with.

This Iā€™m completely on board with! :wink:

Have a style very close to yours than. Huge amount of attacks I donā€™t have even a healer. So it took some time adjusting to BK being slower. He is in my teams to protect against bad boards.

4/1 purple Kage, Seshat, Hel and Ursena/Rigard and BK - use this team for everything 4500+ almost every time with great success and BK is key in most of the fights when the board is not very good

3/2 started using him with Grazul as the 2. Quite fun - almost immortal- however not as per my liking - fights are too slow this way

Mono red - anyway my mono is average so donā€™t have an issue with him being average - if 10 red tiles exist in the first 6-7-8 moves is game over

I use 3-2. Wilbur, BK, GM, Finley, Ariel.

Wilbur will cause all team members have attack boost and applies buff to the opponent. Finley fires, all enemies defense down and sometimes 2-4 dies.

Ariel cleanse the team and heals. Plus increase mana gen.

Usually when BK and Wilbur fires, itā€™s game over.

5 Likes

In my opinion he is really amazing. Moved Kunchen from my team and gave him tank position.

5 Likes

What a beast! Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you on Fighting familiar names :muscle:

1 Like

I thought I would LOVE him when I first saw his card but when playing a bit I became a bit disenchanted once it became clear that spirit link meant the rest of the team takes damage. Just a three turn effect and average mana speed meant that I soured on him unfairly (especially considering Kunchen is standard in my raid attack teams).

This past war he save my skin, he was part of a team that I hoped would break the tank but no hope of winning the battle. He taunted and knocked damage down to so that the scrubs won.

I need to play around with him more, I feel I have misused him so far once my ā€œdreamā€ lineup (Aegir w/BK flank) proved to be mediocre. Perhaps the shared damage to the team from spirit link is less important than the attack buff increase that spirit link guarantees.

Defending, he IS a good tank and can cause problems. Thank goodness he only lasts three turns when facing him. Just donā€™t see him replacing anyone on my defense since I canā€™t feed him enough emblems due to the three way fight between him, GM and Kage to outshine my existing Kunchen tank.

1 Like

Would generally agree with you, as before I got BK my defense and attack in raids were only based on Kunchen and Guin tank. Only about 40-50% success in Raid defense.

But after combining above team with BK I found out that my defense is more then 60-65% successful in win rate.

I still think Drake is better then Rana for my BK team, but donā€™t have him.

2 Likes

Yea with spirit link thereā€™s still shared damage, but not necessarily full damage shared aroundā€¦

Hit with a sniper shot, yes, full damage gets shared around.
Hit with AoE, taunt pulls only one hit to BK, then it gets sharedā€¦ That can be lifesaving.

Itā€™s not quite as OP as I thought it was going to beā€¦ But the damage getting spread gets the beserk going, so Iā€™m not unhappy with it.

2 Likes

I created an experimental farming and raid team to try and see how BK is when given a proper chance. I am NOT using a spirit link with him in this series and was also testing other heroes.

MN (4th ascension but not maxed) - Morgan - GM - Zimkitha - BK

Wanted to see Zimkithaā€™s AoE with BKā€™s attack buff - Verdict - Becomes very effective. Her attack buff overwrites BKā€™s so not really a good pairing. I would hold her until BKā€™s buff was in final round, higher buff and overwrite is less important.
Wanted to see Morgan in action before taking away the emblems - her life drain is deadly.
GM - I donā€™t raid with him in regular team so wanted to get a feel for him on offense. Emblems are certainly making him less deadly (Defense and Health bumps mean his damage and DoT are a smaller percentage of enemies overall HP than pre-emblems) but he still leaves them in a world of hurt. BKā€™s attack buff helps but his upfront damage is small, his tiles thoughā€¦mmmmm.

BK makes cascades deadly which is delicious. Wu does too but BK is a proper 5* with amazing secondary skills.

3 Likes

If you think cascades are deadly without spirit linkā€¦ >:]

I love BK, use him a heck of a lot - rarely without Wilbur in tow.

1 Like

2 months of playing, I love the guy. New favourite (used to be the Monkey King in 4* land). But I have to admit better in attack than defence. I thinkā€¦ My happy moments are when the big AOE guys fire to absolutely no effect. Heā€™s so dependable!

I am seriously jealous I couldnā€™t pull Grazul when going for BK. That combo has to be amazing; especially with shutting down special effects and healing at the same time. BK changes a lot when raiding; I typically run him with Alby, Tarlak, Evelyn and Zim. Thereā€™s a lot of healing/revives/and tunneling damage directly towards BK that makes this team highly versatile and able to come back from near losses in amazing ways.

1 Like

Black Knight & Riposte Synergy

Going to Necro this thread a little bitā€¦

I noticed an amazing synergy for Black Knight and any Riposte Hero (by accident) in the last alliance warsā€¦

I did an attack with BK & Elena (next to each other) and noticed that when both specials were active, the Riposte dealt back the FULL 125% of incoming strikes REGARDLESS of if BKā€™s Flesh Wound reduced it to 1 damage or notā€¦

Stepping it out:

So for example, I have BK & Elena next to each other.

1. I fire BKā€™s special off, activating the Taunt & Flesh Wound, then Elena (this order so I get the attack buff on Elena).

2. Then say the enemy have a Magni or Joonā€¦ They charge their special up & fire it off.

3. BKā€™s Taunt Kicks in and directs the Sniping Special at himself

4. BKā€™s Flesh Wound then activates and reduces the damage received from 600 damage down to 1 damage.

5. Riposte (counter) then activates and sends the full 750 damage back at the sniper (joon or magni)ā€¦ they die

After discovering this synergy I have adjusted my teamsā€¦ Grazul got kicked outta my Red-Stack main raiding team & Elena got put in insteadā€¦ Itā€™s just too awesome to not make use of!

12 Likes

I will try BK and Jean combo. Need Jean to level but I think his burn can be amplified by BK by a lot. Similar to Anzogh and BK combo.

sounds an excellent synergyā€¦ wonder if RNG will give me 1 black knight to use with my elena!

1 Like

It wont.

DoT doesnā€™t get affected by buffs or debuffs.

1 Like

Then no Jean-BK combo. :slight_smile:

Forgot BK will only apply damage on first hit immediately, Jean hits after.

2 Likes

That is pretty cool. Especially nice because itā€™s really annoying when AI doesnā€™t hit a hero with riposte buff. This combo rules that possibility out. So costumed Elena will be even more desirable then as it bumps to 155% I believe.

2 Likes

I do this same thing with QOH and Elena. Itā€™s such a deadly combo

1 Like