👑 Knights of Avalon: Black Knight – Thoughts & Discussion

The taunt can be dispelled, from what I see in the event. And his taunt is far better, because he actually taunts you.

SG nailed this hero, simply due to the speech bubble.

Avalon was not really on my planned summon list for anytime in the near future, but I might throw some gems at this just because of this hero.

1 Like

For some reason, I was expecting a movie clip.

@jesse1 @zephyr1 when facing Black Knight and he uses his skill or reduce the damage the speech bubble still exist beneath him :wink:

2 Likes

I got Queen of Hearts, so I can’t help but compare him to her.
Same mana speed, tanky stats and a similar special.
I’d say BK is a bit better since his taunt doesn’t rely on a minion, but it does look like his taunt and damage prevention are dispellable, so at least not completely OP.

I already see an absolutely broken combo with Wilbur or Aegir. I can confirm that shared damage+taunt is strong, but together with the atk buff it is on a whole other level. For the same reason I lose against Aegir+Khiona so often.

As much as I hate/love Guin, I think this is the strongest hero in Avalon now.

4 Likes

run into some technical issues

Taunt and Just a Flesh Wound!

Hi everyone, I’ve added the Black Knight’s buffs to the Status Effects topic :slight_smile: This topic is a quick reference of all buffs and ailments in the game.

Black Knight casts 3 status effects on himself (counting the berserk attack buff), and only one on all his allies. This can be very useful for buff booster tournaments, particularly as a tank in those. They can all be dispelled, taunt included.

Note about Dispels vs Taunt

It is very worth noting that the dispel only affects the Black Knight regardless of the dispel’s range! That means if you hit Black Knight with Domitia, only his buffs will be dispelled; not his nearby allies. This is thanks to Taunt :slight_smile:

Once taunt has been dispelled, all of his allies can then be targeted and their buffs dispelled. Bringing two dispellers against him sounds like a good idea, or at least 1 dispeller and additional attack droppers.

So yes, that means that Frida can only dispel him, and you have to bring along other heroes to deal with his berserk buffed allies :grin:

He’s a very, very powerful hero.

14 Likes

Allow me to ask for a clarification. For example I have Domitia and Hel, I fire Domitia’s special to debuff BK then fire Crush of Hel on BK. Only BK will not gain mana because the nearby heroes still have taunt and will not be affected by Crush of Hel?

In that scenario:

Domitia fires - Black Knight gets his buffs dispelled. All of his allies (including nearby) will still have the berserk buff. But Taunt is dispelled at this point from B.K.

Hel fires - She can target whoever, because Taunt is dispelled from the Black Knight.

1 Like

Even the wings? Because Domitia dispels only the middle.

Domitia under normal circumstances dispells her target + nearby enemies. However, black Knights Taunt prevents that nearby allies dispel from working before it’s dispelled.

Maybe a screenshot will help:

Note that I’ve dispelled the Black Knight with Belith in this screenshot (including taunt), but Lancelot still has buffs active.

BK is the only one with taunt, once it’s dispelled, yes, anyone can be targeted by Hel.

2 Likes

But you said " That means if you hit Black Knight with Domitia, only his buffs will be dispelled; not his nearby allies . This is thanks to Taunt". So that means only BK lost his taunt and nearby allies still have taunt and can’t be targetted by any spells, what did I miss?

His allies don’t get taunt. Only the Black Knight gets taunt. This is what Taunt’s buff looks like: Taunt

Black Knight buffs his allies with a berserk attack buff Berserk The same as Brienne, Namahage, and Khiona’s buff. That’s what isn’t dispelled, even from his nearby allies if taunt was active

4 Likes

Thanks. So it is enough to hit him in raids/wars with Kage and taunt is gone for all his allies. Nice…

Correct, as no one else besides him ever had taunt… however, the other heroes will still have the attack up but that’s expected with kage, less expected with a target 3 dispeller, but it works the same as Queen with a minion, no one else is hit / dispelled if taunt is active.

1 Like

Oh! I am mixing him again with QoH whose minions give taunt to allies. Imagine if he gives taunt to all allies just as how QoH’s minions give taunt to its owner :grin:

What I’m really curious about is how QoH and Black Knight behave on the same team together after firing both of their specials :smiley:

2 Likes

If QoH fires first then BK’s taunt doesn’t matter because the minion takes over. However, if the minion dies on the first turn does BK’s taunt stay? Hmm…

When multiple QoHs have minion active you can attack any of them. It should work the same way for BK and QoH

3 Likes

Something else interesting that I thought about:

Mad Hatter’s skill only works against Black Knight if Taunt is active. However! That also means he steals Taunt! :open_mouth: So it kinda sucks in the sense that Hatter can’t steal all the other berserk attack buffs if Taunt is active, but it’s kinda neat that… Taunt can be stolen!

B. Knight is close with Queen of Hearts in the sense they both get Taunt, but the way you deal with them is completely different

3 Likes

Cookie Settings