Knights of Avalon - Beating the Final Bosses

If I fail with greed/red i wil use the greens and then melia + bane, cos i have them both maxed also

Who is it best to try and target and kill first? I try for Guinevere first??

2 Likes

Has anyone beaten Legendary Level 15 with only 4-star Classic heroes (i.e. ones that come out of a Training Camp)? I’ve been trying to record a tutorial doing this but Arthur keeps one-shotting any 4-star. I may end up carpet bombing, but that’s not the intent of the tutorial. Previously all of these quests were made to be beaten by 4-star teams with minimal item usage.

3 Likes

Why don’t you bring axes as well? If your specials are charged up before entering boss, 5 arrows + 5 axes + all specials fired and the battle is already mostly over.

1 Like

Scarlett contributes a lot of attack stat to boost the damage done by her hit and the red tiles — plus her attack debuff is hugely useful for survival. So it’d be harder without her, for sure.

That said, if you take heavy Battle Items, you could still finish the Bosses off that way, as long as you make it to them with all of your specials charged and a red diamond set up.

Gormek won’t contribute a ton to the attack stack, and his defense debuff isn’t needed with Wilbur. I’d recommend Kellie as an alternative (higher attack stat), or even Wu Kong. If you use Wu, just make sure to fire him after everyone else, but before blowing the diamond.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. What items would you recommend?

I didn’t need. I used I think 3 or arrows, all 5 Mana and most healing but I did it woot.
Used green red combination listed above. Azar got killed half way through the final boss wave then Mneseus died, but (damn what’s the blue guys name -boss?), he was my last one left and easy to kill. The arrows definitely helped, plenty of times the bosses “missed” otherwise i would have died.

1 Like

So I was able to beat Legendary using only 4* heroes using the advice of @zephyr1 if having a red diamond setup before entering boss. Thanks! I really wanted those wizard emblems!

My team is below. As you can see one was not fully ascended. I just paid attention to enemy hp; the moment I saw the hp was low enough to carpet bomb, I threw 5 bombs and 5 dragons. Had the 5 axes left over.

2 Likes

So carpet bombing works.

7 Likes

If you might finish by carpet bombing, you’ll want Bombs, Axes, and Arrows for Epic. I’d use the fourth slot for Minor Mana in case you accidentally make it to the Bosses without all of your heroes charged.

Just completed it with Wilbur and Wu doing amazingly!

3 Likes

I beat all epic stages with this. It’s not a good and I could have adjusted it based on the enemies, but I’m too lazy for that.

My main strategy here is having minions on the whole team (Buddy summons and druid talent) as meatshield and to do some steady damage, since I can’t protect against the mana drain.
Melendor’s dispel and heal was nice.
Wilbur did help keeping everyone alive, but with Buddy in the team the defense down was useless. Should have replaced either of them wiht a better hero.
Jabbar helped a bit against the heals, but I had to take care to cast his special at the right time.
Caedmon was mostly there for a second dispel against BK. Sonya would have done better in those stages, but like I said I’m too lazy to swap them every time.

It took forever and I had to use all the items you see here

Aside from the 3 event heroes in this team, I’m mostly limited to TC20 heroes. Don’t have Proteus or similar, best I could field is Chao, Li Xiu and Little John, which I might actually do next time.

Lvl 15 epic
Rigard - Proteus - Buddy - Wilbur - Wu Kong

Lvln 15 legendary
Boldtusk - Wilbur - Anzogh - Red Hood - Wu kong
plus dragon attack, bombs and axes

Level - 15 Legendary
Took in minor and med mana pots to keep Hel topped up. She prevented all bosses firing specials. A winning strategy!

Didn’t need antedotes - forgot to remove them.

@Keyz already posted the best team to finish epic. At least 4 heroes of it, because Sabina as a second healer is useless in my opinion. So, anyone can finish easily the last stages with BT, Wilbur, Proteus and Wu. 3 colors only here, so not getting screwed by the puzzle. And Wilbur/Wu is lethal. First using Proteus, of course. And the fifth hero should be one with heavy damage, but not Caedmon! Using a debuffer will result in removing the shared damage between bosses and you definitely don’t wanna do that. Could be Hansel, Falcon, Gretel, Jackal, etc.Take this advice from a top player. I finish every month in top 300, no matter which one. Twice I was in top 100, at legendary. Good luck!

P.S. If you don’t wanna finish in 2-3 minutes like I do and you just want to finish the epic with no struggle, then bring as many heroes as you have, from those mentioned. And play slow and carefully, looking always after diamonds in puzzle.

1 Like

The real challenge is beating them with no Proteus or Hel… If one of these two is on your team, the rest of the team doesn’t really mater… any 4* will do. For events, Proteus is twice as valuable as Hel, as he can do legendary just as well as epic.

4 Likes

OK, just finished epic quickly to see how hard it is without 5* heroes and tornado. Stage 14 took me 2 minutes and was very easy. Final stage took me over 3 minutes, having a very bad board along the mission. The score is much lower than 14, LOL. Anyway, this was just the first run, many missions will be redone.

Screenshot_2019-09-12-16-14-14

The team I used at last two stages: those 4 heroes and Tiburtus.

Isn’t this the truth? I was browsing this thread to get some tips so I don’t waste WE, and basically, Proteus is an “I win!” button. Too bad for those of us that don’t have him. I’m really dreading those last few epic levels. Not sure LJ + Li will be enough mana control (or that LJ can even survive until the boss wave, honestly!)

Of course, once I get to legendary with my Onatel and Poseidon (to protect my heroes’ mana), I’ll hopefully be in better shape.

1 Like

For me, Belith - Gill-Ra - Bane - Tyrum - Hisan, all maxed, and with Bane at +20 (no one else with emblems). Not really maximized, optimized, or anything-ized, but it worked. I got a pretty sweet green cascade on the level 15 boss wave that made it significantly less challenging than it probably should have been.

I had been rolling with Muggy and his insane attack stat in place of Tyrum up until about level 13, but he was just too squishy, and I needed another hitting special. Decided to go with another dispeller. Once I get all the completions, I may go back and try some green mono setups, mixing in Brienne and/or Mnesseus.

FWIW :
On my wife’s account, she had trouble with the last 2 stages of epic and i managed both with axes/arrows and :
Wilbur - BT - Gormek - Colen - Caedmon

14th stage was a pain, but Caedmon made BK less frustrating.
15th stage was pretty easy actually, LoTL died with tiles and then, Caedmon took care of Guin and KA was last-man standing.

Prepare the board at 2nd wave and go for it. Couldn’t get any diamonds in any stage, but kept enough red/green tiles to recharge mana fastly.

So no Proteus or mana control and it was possible :partying_face:
If you lack Proteus, imo, get a 4-stack of the boss you most fear and prepare your board.
4 purples, 4 reds are the most useful imo for these stages, as 4 greens will have trouble with 14’s red boss and KA is not the primary target in 15

1 Like

I did Epic with double Proteus, Melendor, Skittles and Jack (tile damage / attack debuff / dispeller). All I really needed were mana potions.

And for Legendary? I dropped Skittles for Seshat. Double Proteus really helps, I don’t even need mana potions.

I did Rare with similar colors: Chochin + Balthazar (2x Purple stack to kill Guin, Chochin for mana control), Hisan + Belith + Mnesseus (2 dispellers, one healer, Mnesseus hits hard too, Hisan to heal block).