šŸ‘‘ Knights of Avalon: Bauchan ā€“ Thoughts & Discussion

I think heā€™s gonna be a pretty solid hero, especially for the rare tier of the Wonderland event.

I will say itā€™s a little tough to take him seriously, though. :grimacing:

21 Likes

I see whatā€™s going on hereā€¦

7 Likes

The Spiderwick Chronicles

10 Likes

Bauchan is the bastard child of carver and Ariel. Let the fanfictions come in!

2 Likes

Yet another hero whose design is just a little polished look of map monster :rofl:
I got him, along with Lancelot. I keep some of 3* so heā€™s probably gonna be maxed for events and raid tournaments. But he is ugly as freck :smiley:

5 Likes

Bauchanā€™s special is insanely good (if you have him), or insane if you donā€™t.

In raid teams two of him on defense will make the battle a nightmare for attackers. (am thinking flanking), the mana cut for defenders is more powerful than on attack (enemy cannot be refilled before their turn so it is an effective silence whereas on offense a cascade refills the defenders).

The mana boost means that slow heroes can be viable in Bloody Battle and Buff Booster tournaments (not an issue with Rush Attack).

This is a mini-Guin + mini-Ariel with damage rather than healingā€¦built tough so will usually live to cast his special.

7 Likes

Seems like he has some sort of bonus drop rate where every time RNG wants to give an event hero only he drops. Several pulls and I got 8. Lol.

Iā€™m tired of him already :grin:

1 Like

Bauchan was my only Avalon pull and Iā€™ve barely had a chance to play him yet, but even naked and unleveled he was a huge benefit to my sixth tier war team, who are slow mana generation heroes to begin with. Definitely looking forward to finding out what he does once heā€™s maxed, both for war and for my all-rare red team.

3 Likes

I would recommend keeping all 4 for now if you have the roster space. Thereā€™s a reasonable chance you may want 2, and I think itā€™s wise to keep 2 of any hard to get hero that you may realize you want duplicates of for situations that may arise.

I donā€™t think youā€™d ever want 4; though it may be best to work on him a bit play with him and decide if you think more than 2 is remotely plausible.

4 Likes

With my insane luck drawing reds from pulls (hey, BK, Lance, Gormek, Elena^^), I got 2 of himā€¦I think Iā€™ll level them soon.

2 Likes

@AngelOfDark666 Keep both and max them out all the way to node 20. Cause Bauchan imo is a way better version of Friar Tuck. And he is gonna be invaluable to 3 star raid tourneys. Put two of him on defense (especially if blue is banned) and the salt will flow like a river from your opponents.

6 Likes

I have him as well and his Max out, I hope he will be ok in defence and offence. But i have a question : Where about is his place? Tank or flank??

I just used bauchan in raid tournament on offense and something is wrong with his mana reduction looked like 5% not 20%. I will not use him again on offense.

Yet test him but putting him as tank is giving me A defense

3 Likes

i echo thisā€¦logged in to confirmā€¦tried him for Rare Pirates Challenge but the current meta made him less appealing that namamammamaha, Rudolph, and/or Rabbit. However, I am using him in both my defense and offense for the current 3* Very Fast tournament and he is awesome.

4 Likes

100% agree. On this tourney he is really shining.

3 Likes

He is amazing in rush attack battles. When his skill is active, other fast heroes are ready to shoot with only three tiles (if sended to empty space). Itā€™s maniac, totally crazy. He is a real champ!

2 Likes

I 100% agree.

Like Guinevere, Bauchan may not be the best center against each attacker, the attacker may be able to work around Bauchan, but in 80% of situations, Bauchan will be the best 3* center in the game and only available through Knights summon portal.

Click for rant about tournaments

Between Bauchan, and Shrubbear, raid tournaments are becoming less, and less, interesting. 4* / 5* raid tournaments already had their own issues. With the removal of 1* / 2* tournaments, 3* tournaments used to be the last interesting tournaments.

FIN

3 Likes

Some of the new 3* have abilities that seem to break the 3* meta (feels odd to be using Kerridocā€™s favorite word).

I have maxed two Bauchans and the 3* tournament defense usually rates an A if it allows reds. Brienneā€™s costume with the defense down now means that the AoE of Bauchan hits hard, the second even harder when on offense. Less thought now goes into the team selection which is a shame.

1 Like

What path have people taken with him emblem wise?

Just got him, yet to do anything with him