Kingston – New October 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts & Discussion

So Kingston + Seshat is silly. I hit the debuff cap like super quick.

I’m super glad I pulled him. I no longer dread the endless parade of Richard, Boril, Aegir, and Frida tanks. Still a bit behind the 8 ball, but in much better shape than when my strike team was Caedmon+19, Elk, and Melendor+3. Once Mel gets up there, I’m sure I’ll do fine.

4 Likes

@MD-DC congrats on pulling him. i got mine on the last EH token i got from the pirates challenge. finally a green sniper, since lianna seems to hate me (but fortunately i don’t care anymore).

didnt we discuss the merits of elkanen paired with eve in absensce of lianna?
i have to say, though my kingston is already at 4.70, the difference between raiding with melendor- evelyn- elkanen(6)- caedmon(18)-gadeirus and swapping gadeirus with kingston is actually less noticeable than i though it would be. perhaps difference is greater in teams that are not mono, but you can’t kill the enemy even more. VERY rarely are there 3 evelyn debuffed enemies, usually it’s 2 and elkanen and caedmon mostly did the job there.

i think this situation pronounced even more how luck dependant the game actually is. good board and you barely need any 5 star hero.

but yeah, i like kingston stat and secondary effect more tha lianna murder approach. i really lucked out with him.

2 Likes

Maybe, but that’s a common comparison, so it’s hard for me to remember. I still don’t have an Evelyn but will be trying in November and might end up with a Neith by chance. Who knows.

And there’s still a power differential. You can’t beat a 4200+ board with 1* heroes no matter how hard you try, so keeping up is important, but after a certain point it’s mostly academic.

Now that I have v24 where they fixed Kingston’s debuff, I’m excited to see how well he blunts dangerous opponents like Lianna or any of the snipers.

And yeah, dead or super dead are the same thing. I like watching Richard smash after Kiril/Frida/Grimm have knocked out that door wide open, but it’s rarely necessary at that point.

2 Likes

Try running 3-2 stack with eve elk Kingston plus 2 strong vs a flank.

Caedmon is redundant for most since eve will dispel 3. The tile damage from your three green should sufficient to bust most tanks easily.

Less dependant on board and you probably don’t have 5 lvled 4* troops to field.

2 Likes

@l2ider thank you, i will absolutely do that in tournaments and similar setting where you need a more stable combination of heroes. i’m aware kingston is a great replacement for caedmon, but in mono team that is slightly less noticeable and i prefer daily raids in mono style (prefer speedy matches). but it’s definitely great to have a good third 5* green, makes 3+2 stacking much more enjoyable. now only to ascend one blue and 3rd rainbow 5* team will be finished.

@MD-DC power differential is a thing, but it’s a well known fact 4* are competitive, and will remain so in an emblemed environment also. for the good i think. i remeber now you don’t have evelyn but you gave me some valuable insight on elkanen when i tried to decide if i should even bother with him. i’m happy i did it in the end and also glad to see you have frida (i dont, but i know how nice elemental debuff is) and that you have a decent green sniper now. elky can finally be what he is- a finisher and not a main attacker.

1 Like

I just updated the game… so is Kingston already fixed?

1 Like

Based on what’s written below, yes!!! Based on my experience, I don’t know as I don’t have him :sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Uh what now?..

2 Likes

Use EHT tokens next week for chance at Kingston or wait till Nov for chance at Neith?

Do you need an average speed holy or a fast green? Depends on your team comps and what you’re building towards.

1 Like

I have Elkanen and Horgall both at 1/1 and no yellow 5*

If you don’t have any holy then I’d probably try for Neith, she looks to be a really solid support hero. No wrong answer as kingston is very good as well but I’d personally want to fill my holy hole… hmmm… that sounds weirder then expected haha but anyway, that’s just my opinion. Good luck.

12 Likes

Oh…My…God…
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::grin::grin:
Funniest thing i read in a long time
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

General consensus is Kingston is fantastic or at least above average and Neith is a bit of a kitchen sink that may or may not be either strong or average.

Kingston would be a significant improvement over Elkanen and Horghall (I have a 4/80 Elk who’s pretty meh). Don’t know what yellows you have to make a good call.

3 Likes

Username checks out. Seriously though, that made me laugh. :joy:

3 Likes

Hi, ich habe Kingston beim der ersten 10er Beschwörung bekommen. Habe mir zwei10er Beschwörungen zum Geburtstag gegönnt. Dabei war auch noch Sargasso. War mal ne gute Beschwörung. Die zweite 10er Beschwörung brachte nur ein 4er✳️und Rest 3er. Mit den Hot ist es so ne Sache… Hab mal bei einer 10er Beschwörung 2xMagaret bekommen?! Sonst noch nie einen Hot. Mache 1-2 10er Beschwörungen im Monat. Aber zum Thema, denke Kingston wird erst beim Talentieren interessant. Da ich Liliana schon habe, hat diese Vorrang beim Leveln und Kingston muss noch warten… Finde den Charakter aber trotzdem interessant.

Bad google translation provided by Moderator:

”Hi, I got Kingston on the first 10 Summon. Have given me two -10 summons for a birthday. There was also Sargasso. Was a good summon. The second 10 Summon brought only a 4✳️and rest 3s. With the Hot[m], it’s such a thing … Have times with a 10er summon get 2x Margaret? Otherwise never a hot[m]. Make 1-2 10 Summons a month. But on the subject, think Kingston is interesting only when talented. Since I already have Lianna, this has priority in leveling and Kingston still has to wait … Find the character still interesting.”

1 Like

Achtung, discobot grbrbr translate grbrbr

1 Like

Those of you having Kingston and use him for defense, what position do you usually put him in?

My current defense team is
Proteus - Lady of the Lake - Boril - Boldtusk - Lianna

This is my war defense team.
Am planning to put in Kingston somewhere over there to make use of his attack down special.

Should he replace Lianna in the wing position? But being in the wing also means that his mana will generate slower. In that case wouldn’t Lianna make a better choice by just focussing on getting the kill?

Kingston oh Kingston where should I put you?

Sidenote : I have almost all vanilla TC 20 and also Atlantis FOUR stars heroes just for information, apart from Tiburtus (he is the only one still avoiding me until now). And I do have the resource to ascend any 4 straight to max.

3 awesome green hero’s, but unfortunately not alot of variety.
Are they all maxed? or at least got ascension materials to take Kingston to max?

Huh? Yes Hansel DOES STOP full mana heroes from firing. So does Merlin. Proteus and Hel do not.