:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 808 792 1365
4/90 924 906 1562
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legeds 2019
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resists: The Hero has an innate ability to resist Burn.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stiletto Cyclone
  • Deals 445% damage to the target.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -31% attack, and a further -4% decrease every time they are hit during 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives +4% mana generation for all Nature allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2019 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Kingston has been released for between 12 & 24 months, he can be summoned from both the Atlantis Portal (September 2020 & September 2021) and in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

He can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Atlantis Portal
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

This or That Threads

Other Discussion Threads:

4 Likes

@Guvnor Why was the other thread about Kingston closed? It feels like double work…and everybody who posted over there, will not gonna post here.

Amazing hero. One of the best sniper of the game.
The attack nerf is very useful. He is essential un my attack team.

1 Like
  1. to avoid duplicate threads

2. that thread was predominately from “initial impressions”; so while some information may still be accurate there is are A LOT of posts about people summoning him etc… during the initial release month.

3. it is linked in the OP so people can read to their hearts content if they so choose.

Planning to do a ten pull this Atlantis to try to get him.
Hes one of the best green heroes around to me.

Ah, my only HotM (actually, my only non-S1 hero). Can’t compare with others HotM, but I find him very well balanced and useful.

Sadly a victim of the Telluria reign. Before her he was a regular on top tier defences. Now I´m quiet certain he also lost his emblems to other fighters like Killhare.

1 Like

1 Like

Even with Telly Tanks I don’t raid without him.

1 Like

I love my Kingston. I love him so much that I’m planning to level second one too. He is amazing on his own, and together with Almur (or Evelyn, shame on her not being in my roster too) really deadly.

His fire resistance is my main reason to level second one. I’m planning to run mono green or 3x+2green formation x-Kingston-x-Kingston-x and I don’t need to worry about fire heroes after that (GM, Azlar etc). Worst scenario is that 2 of my attacking heroes suffers fire, but with Kingston in flanks there is bigger possibility that only one of my heroes gets burned.

2 Likes

My first hero of the month. Stuck on 3/70 for quite long as I didn’t have tonics. Then decide to finish Mother North first, as I needed her for my defense team. Now I’m just about to finish him (20 levels left). He is really, really good. If I pull second one during Atlantis I will not be disappointed.

2 Likes

And I just pulled second one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pulled a second here too, first was already at +15. I use him with Lianna quite a bit, not sure if I would do dupes of either though before getting to some other heroes first. He is great for creating a tile soak, most snipers hit like wet noodles when I use him.

1 Like

I got him last year but finished to max him just couple of months ago since I had to prioritize Telluria for the tank position in April.

He is a very great hero but I do not use him much because fighter emblems are with Delilah and I have Lianna+18, Atomos+18 and Elkanen+18. Still his attack-down ailment is very good to use.

Oh sweet, I didn’t consider.
I have a max Evelyn, so when I finish Kingston they will go great.
I will remove my +12 talents from Colen and give to Kingston.

I was waiting for a Tome of Tactics + Tonics to give to LotL, but now I pulled Kingston, I am doing him.
Tome of Tactics today from farholme Pass, and I just need 1 more tonic. Which I will have by I get him to 3/70, I am confident or hoping anyway.

1 Like

Can someone who lb him post his card please?

1 Like

With full family bonus he hits like a monster.

7 Likes

Cool thank you buddy, looks awsome, guess i’ll break him too

3 Likes

This might be useful for you :nerd_face::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Thank you alexis, thats really useful :ok_hand:

1 Like