Kill 35 titans in 50 days - strategy?

Slightly beside the original point, but at some point we implemented a feature that if a titan is killed very quickly, the next titan will immediately be at least one full star higher.

• Wrote by mhalttu in Active Player Lounge “the problem with elo ladder based matchmaking

So Id say that if your alliance would avoid killing your titans too quickly while letting pass some of the stronger ones you’ll not have many problems in reaching the quota.
For example, killing a new titan within a 2 hours of his spawn after you alliance stopped the previous titan isn’t a good idea.

Anyway, your alliance could always start with their titan’s attacks with cheap items and then the alliance leader would say at 11h from his escape if the titan have to die or if you would need to let him escape.

1 Like

Merc

Easiest solutuon

5 Likes

Option 2 doesn’t work. It takes too long to drop and when you kill a titan you get pushed back up. You have to be consistent at whatever level titan you normally kill. Plan accordingly, conserve resources and call a pass at the spawning time of an appropriate Pass Titan.

New alliances start at 1-star titans and work their way up. It might take one or two kills before reaching 2-stars where the lowest tier of the quest will start counting. Assuming you are all nice enough to tap at the titan lightly so that everyone gets part of the kill, you will eventually end up at your normal titan, but probably 2 - 3 weeks into the challenge and in the middle of the 3rd tier I think. I’m sure there’s a way to figure out the perfect way to time the creation of this alt alliance so that it reaches 5-star titans right as you need to start on the 4th tier of the challenge.

2 Likes

Yes, like usual and hoping for the best. Intentionally escapes wouldn’t be better than real escapes.

2 Likes

@FrenziedEye Yeah, what Rigs suggests is the perfect way to fill in a slot on the challenge during your alliances normal Pass Titan. You won’t lose any progress on the quest chain and some people in the alliance can take turns minding the store during the pass.

3 Likes

I don’t think you need to change anything… Realistically the typical alliance has a kill rate on titans of about 65-75%

Needing 35 titan kills in 50 days is doable:

50 Days
23 hours per titan
Total Titans = 52 titans

Need 35 kills:
35 of 52 titans = 67%

To further increase this when you have a pass titan, alliance members can duck out & merc a couple flags, get the kill counted and then come back…

5 Likes

Thanks all

Is it true that the longer you take to kill a titan, the less likely you are going to be promoted to a higher star?

At the cost of war chest participation? The trade-off might not be worth it…

It’s not 100% known…

Titans that spawn have an element of RNG to them, not just in the colour, but in the star rating as well…

It’s linked to the Titan Score of the alliance (higher score = more LIKELY to get a bigger titan star) but its not a guarantee…

I’m not 100% sure if anyone has really looked into the effect of killing titans quick vs. slow on the titan score tho so…

1 Like

War Chest participation only resets if you participate in a different alliances war…

As long as you are one of the following options you’re all good:

1. Do not participate in another alliances war
  2. Leave & come back BEFORE matchmaking starts
  3. Leave AFTER matchmaking is done but BEFORE war starts
  4. Do NOT leave while the war is active.

If you observe the above 4 rules, your war chest won’t change in participation

7 Likes

Thanks for the info, guvnor. when merc’ing, do you have to stick around for the titan to die or do you get credit just for making hits?

1 Like

I predict chaos in our alliance if everyone flies around mercing korf, the timing would be pretty hard to do :joy::sunglasses:

You only lose war chest participation if you participate in a war for another alliance or are there during matchmaking

They untied wars and titans a long time ago

3 Likes

You can manage around war. Bigger loss would be with reduced Titan loot. I have usually found titans to be one of the best sources of mats in game, so would need to minimize # of alliance swaps

1 Like

Have to be present when the “loot” is given… Note merc loot is ■■■■…

1 Like

I already decided to return mercing when war is not up :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m hoping it won’t be necessary for players to HAVE to go mercing in order to fill their quota. I suppose we’ll have to see how it goes this first time.

4 Likes

Merc’ing ain’t as popular as it may seem. If you think the loot of normal titan kills is bad, the reduced loot will feel downright insulting with a kick in the balls when the regular alliance members get 4-star mats. After a few merc passes I think you’ll find at least a few members who won’t want to bother merc’ing.

If you play it smart you can time your departure so that you still make progress in filling your titan chest at least. When your alliance calls a merc pass you jump out of the alliance immediately. Then wait outside of any alliance until your titan flags refill. Then go merc a titan that is still healthy enough to take a while to die. You will want your titan chest to unfreeze before the titan goes down. This takes 12 hours from the point when you leave any alliance. That’s why you have to leave right away and stay out of any alliance. You’ll need to connect with merc rooms to find an appropriate titan for your needs.

Of course if you don’t care about loot or titan chests and just want to complete the Titan Valor Challenge as quickly as possible, you’d spend your time and titan flasks taking down as many baby titans as you can. The data on the Titan Valor Challenge quest was compiled today by mercs speeding their way through baby titans. That should tell you that the quest is very achievable if you’ve got the right skills and tools.

4 Likes

Yup.

My recommendation right now is continue as currently doing all Titans bar your 12*, if possible get everyone to agree to leave the last hit to finish off a Titan as late as possible (perhaps designate a different person to finish each Titan based on Timezone and availability) to reduce chance of going up a Titan star and so fewer people begin the next one with 1 less flag - then again perhaps waiting until 3 hours left isn’t too bad whilst having enough time to regenerate that player’s last flag. If you want some additional help with this give us a shout and I can jump over after the war that is currently going through matchmaking has finished.

Edit:Ignore this, just seen main Valor thread that someone has gone through it all and 35 Titans looks the right number. Only keeping it for the trail.

When the next Beta is opened we should get a better idea of Titan requirements as I sure everyone’s current Valor Path progress will be imported along with everything else current in the game but with 3 hours between Titans (and to be fair when we last tested it many of us Merced between test alliances) that we will be able to document each Titan tier in the Valor Path.

2 Likes

Thanks @MysterySpin, as always. You are of course always welcome to the Beacons are Lit!!

Even for a short holiday lol

1 Like