Khiona or Domitia?

that purple combo would be a cool titan killer too. right?

1 Like

Yeah, definitely strong potential for titan use too, I agree.

2 Likes

The second one sounds really devilishly deadly :slight_smile:
Not just against pure yellows, it would be good in many other situations.

1 Like

thank you so much for the help :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Im a little more torn than some of the commenters. Who I would choose to ascend would depend on a few things.

1. If you plan on using the 5* you choose to level with a hero that buffs attack as a regular thing, go for Domitia. Its gets really annoying and tricky timing Khiona correctly so she doesnt get over written. If you donā€™t have any attack buffers you reguarly plan to use the hero with, Khiona.

2. If youā€™re more focused on improving your defense team right now, Domitia. If youā€™re more focused on adding more variety into your offense options, Khiona. I think Domitiaā€™s defense buff against holy can make her a more annoying flank than Khiona even though her stats arenā€™t as great. If youā€™re looking for the best allrounder, then it depends heavily on whether you feel like you have enough heroes that dispell enemy buffs and number 3.

3. Do you just want to toss a hero in your teams and have them work equally well under all conditions? Then Domitia definitely, she seems easy to use. Do you have any heroes you already love to use Khiona with or plan to use her with? Then Khiona. Khiona was my first HOTM so Iā€™ve read a lot of threads about her. Opinions range widely, some people think sheā€™s a just ā€œfineā€ HOTM, some people think sheā€™s one of the most mediocre/underwhelming HOTM, and some people think sheā€™s one of the most useful and underrated heroes in the game. Iā€™ve noticed that opinons on her tend to be based on what heroes sheā€™s being used with and just how strategized the team sheā€™s on is. Outside of titan battles, I usually find Khiona to be underwhelming without Wilbur by her side. Despite her attack buff potential, it only lasts a measly 3 turns so it can be difficult to get the buff very high for all 3 heroes effected and coincide with ss and tile damageā€” i feel like it should last longer but it only lasting 3 turns encourages you to make the most of it. Wilbur in my experience brings out her true potential since if any one of the 3 heroes effected by her buff gets hit, they all get the attack boost. Which takes her from ā€œmehā€ to ā€œwow!ā€ extremely quickly.

Everyone saying attack buffers override khiona are completely wrong

Her attack symbol is the same as brienne, so you can use Kiril + khiona or anyone who buffs attacks

While the ā€œdifferent symbols stackā€ is a convenient general way to explain stacking, itā€™s actually wrong in this case. All variants of attack buffs from hero specials are non-stackable; the only exception are those with different mechanics, namely Gamblerā€™s Stance (Wu Kong) and Martial Prowess (Tarlak).

There are several places on the forum that discuss this, here are two convenient ones:

3 Likes

Everyone saying attack buffers override khiona are completely wrong

Her attack symbol is the same as brienne, so you can use Kiril + khiona or anyone who buffs attacks

Iā€™ve used her with both Kiril and Boldtusk and every single time they overwrite her buff. So either thereā€™s a mass glitch that nearly everyone is experiencing or you just havenā€™t noticed sheā€™s being overwritten. WuKong is the only attack buffer Iā€™ve tested that she stacks with.

2 Likes

also from my personal experience, khiona is best for defence, EACH TILE she is hit with increases her attack

I have a maxxed khiona and raiding with her the 3 turns is waaay to short and usually she never gets above 65%

2 Likes
  1. Domi is far worst than Sartana, thats a fact.
  2. Khiona is good if you do not have other/better buffer, I personally almost never take khiona for raiding, I prefer to rely on Ares in this regards and the rest of my offense team are only fast/very 5* fast hitters, with an additional healer.
    Obviously your situation is different, as you rely o Mork, so you are limited to dark cards and khiona with him will work nice, but dont believe that she is that super awesome as multiple guys are telling here :slight_smile:
1 Like

I mean sheā€™s a top 3 purple hitter

Iā€™d take her over Sartana easily

Among all the I really want to have HOTMs is Khonia ā€¦ Her skill is no where else speciall but a 3ā˜† card. Which makes her a gamechanger in my opinion.
I wonder what a team of Khonia Tarlak Ares Athina BT could do.
Any thoughts?

1 Like

Khonia Tarlak Ares Athena & BT sounds solid. Iā€™ve got Khiona with only 1 pull (the only pull that I did on that month). I think Iā€™ll go for her bc Iā€™m thinking in this team:

Rigard (MAX)
Domitia (3/70)
Khiona (3/70 now but will use the materials and soon max)
Mok-Arr (still on 1/1 but the future is near lol)
Hu kong

Seems good too, right? I would rip off any yellow titan

Theyā€™d be stepping on each otherā€™s toes. The attack buffs from Ares, BT and Khiona are mutually exclusive; you get whichever cast last.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s true but (I may be talking s***) also that doesnā€™t would mean likeā€¦ guaranteed attack boost?

Sure, but youā€™re foregoing perks that other heroes could provide. In choosing 5 heroes, I donā€™t want 3 of those to provide an attack buff at the loss of other useful things (blinding, -mana_gen, -attack, etc.).

1 Like

got itā€¦

Soā€¦ Since these are my ā€˜usefulā€™ heroes. Is this a fact that khiona will be a better choice then?

I think so. Be mindful of the Kiril/Khiona overlap on +attack.

thank you for all that :writing_hand:
For evading that kiril+khiona issue I will be using Rigardie as healer or even Melendorā€¦ But I dislike him a bitā€¦ Still thinking if I should upgrade him or Skittleskullā€¦ Idk yetā€¦

Melendor is squishy but has great tile damage. Itā€™s really useful to have a dispel hero at hand to counter an enemy with heroes that cast a lot of buffs. With alliance wars you really want a healer on every team, so six healers isnā€™t too many. 12 healers isnā€™t too many.

2 Likes