Khiona (Dark/Purple) - HOTM in September

I got super lucky. One 10x summons and there was Khiona. Happiness reigns.

6 Likes

Only new Atlantis hero shown is the purple shark that does damage to all enemies and to all allies except purple. He was shown with tarlak and misandra a while ago, you may have seen him.

Soā€¦ i started saving up my hero tokens so I could have a shot a Khiona, the HotM September. I donā€™t have any purple 5*, so I thought it would be nice to have her, to at least give me a chance to beat the tsunami of Guins. I was able to scrape up 9 tokensā€¦ through daily activities A/A+ scores on 9* titansā€¦ diamond raiding, events; you name it. Iā€™m not particularly lucky (4 5* heroes since I started in December), and was going through quite a dry spell AM wise.

Jahangir is my favourite hero, or wait, no, Jahangir favours me. He pops out for me everywhere and still manages to sit at 7/8. So there I am with my 9 tokensā€¦ not even doing a pull yet, but already ā€˜seeingā€™ Jahangir and his hand of fire appearing at least 3 times out of the summoning gate. I clicked on Khiona, looking at her like a dream, an illusion. Ah well, maybe I would be able to get some of the 4* I didnā€™t have yet. Here we go. Not expecting anything.

First token. I click on it while it is changing colorā€¦ - red, ofc - because I hate waiting. Then, looking at me quite grumpy, is BT. Already have him maxed but hey, there is always a chance for you in war buddy. And itā€™s a 4*, so Iā€™m quite happy after all the S1 3* from Atlantis. And blam. Bonus. Khiona. Is it a joke? Is it a dream? Pinch. No, that kind of luck is not for me? Itā€™s for #28 on the titan list who scores 2 telescopes on a rare titan. Or for the one who scores 22 points in war and walks away with a tome of tactics. Or gets a sturdy shield from an escaped Titan. Two 5* out of the first 5 TC20 triesā€” In case you were wondering, all happened in my alliance, and worse :smile: ā€” but not for me. A BT and a HotM on my first pull out of a free tokenā€¦? But it did happen. I still canā€™t believe it.

TLDR; Got Khiona on my first try with a free token and Iā€™m so very happy. :astonished:

23 Likes

What a nice photo. Reminds me the time of 0,5 megapixel mobile phones. LOL.

2 Likes

I have 7 tokens saved up. I was planning on saving them for an event pull as I donā€™t need any of the regular 4*. After reading your post I was just too tempted and with the next event where I can use tokens probably not before Christmas I decided to try a couple of them just for fun.

First one Isshtak and second one Nashgar and blam Bonus Khiona :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting otherwise I would not have tried. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wew! That is so awesome. And on the second tryā€¦ vry nice. Glad to have been of ā€˜helpā€™, haha!

1 Like

The rumor is that the release day is the luckiest RNG dayā€¦someone in my alliance pulled her too on her 4th or so free coin.

Wow this isā€¦ lazy. We all know why she looks familiar

I donā€™t. Guess Iā€™m out of the loop lol

From what Iā€™ve seen, the Aegir guy is a map monster after a make over too :joy:

They took one of the province monsters, (I believe sheā€™s first seen in province 12) slightly changed a few aspects of the lineart, and fired up the recolor tool on photoshop

oh lol. They did the same with Aegir.

Go check out 9-1

1 Like

After reading this topic, yā€™all convinced me to try a pull. I had enough gems to do one pull. I decided to do an Elemental Summon, which was Darkness for me. Oberon, yay! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Then, there she was! I pulled Khiona with one gem pull!

10 Likes

Am i screwing myself if I dont do a pull today? I was hoping to save my gems but youā€™re all tempting me. This new heroes art is lazy but her special is still goodā€¦

I doubt Iā€™ll be as lucky as you guys though. Knowing me, Iā€™ll probably pull a duplicate Tyrum or Ren and no bonus

I still would like Rigard thoughā€¦ ugh :frowning:

Edit: pulled two different pieces of trash & sabina. Sheā€™s no Rigard but sheā€™s a viable 4* dark, and I had no 4 star darks so Iā€™m happy enough with her, cant complain :slightly_smiling_face:, and yes the HOTM came along with Sabina. Her tag line is ā€œmirage assassinā€ ehhh no. Youā€™re still just desert warrior in a recolored outfit lol :rofl:

3 Likes

I really believe you have a better chance of drawing the HOTM on the first day. No empirical evidence, just anecdotal. I went for it and it worked for me. I did eat a big crap sandwich last month, though.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Perhaps SG ā€œcooksā€ a certain amount like 600 Khionas. Then as long as we keep getting them, the less is left in the end

1 Like

I used 3 epic hero tokens within an hour of release. All 3* purpleā€™s (Oberon, Prisca, annnd the other crappy one, whose name evades me) :yum:
No bonus pull.
The RNG streakiness strikes again!

What are the chances of getting this?
Just spent 20 bucks to get 3 *** of one and 3*** of another that I wonā€™t use. Hoping that maybe perhaps one 4 or 5 * would be in the mix.
How is that any fun?
Unless pulls dramatically change canā€™t see the game lasting long. People not stupid.

1 Like

Hahaha well awesome Rag. 6 paid pulls 20 bucks after and pulled crap.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I tried over 30 pulls to get Gregorion and blanked. All we can do is try, or donā€™t. At least you know you tried. If it makes you feel any better, I think this is one of the ā€œnot so greatā€ HOTMs.

3 Likes