:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2018
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Dispel on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they dispel the newest status effect buff from all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Bleeding Edge
  • Deals 372% damage to the target.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they are hit during 3 turns.
  • Element Link recovers +4% health for all Dark allies for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2018 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Khiona has been released for >12 months, August 2020 is the final appearance as a Featured Atlantis Portal Hero.
After that, she can ONLY be summoned in the Tavern of Legends Portal.
She can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Atlantis Portal
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).

More Info regarding past & future Atlantis Featured Heroes here: Atlantis Calendar/Schedule/Date & Featured Returning HotM

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

"This or that" threads

Other Discussions:

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Khiona (post release)

:question: Is Khiona worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can get Khiona from Atlantis Portal (August 2020); or from the Tavern of Legends or HA10.

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Khiona would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Khiona’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer (sniper)
  • Secondary/ Support Damage Dealer
  • Beserker (attack buff)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Khiona compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Khiona’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Khiona worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Khiona is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Khiona is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Have & like her but would not give the tabbard nowadays. She aged bad, the best thing about her is the healing link.

I had 20 pulls between coins and gems in AR, pulled 2 Khiona’s.

That means I have Sartana (4x), Clarissa (2x), khiona (2x), Domitia, Obakan, quintus all to work on.

1 Like

She’s my first ever HOTM and I still use her personally for her berserk buff. She’s the only 5* dark that boosts attack via a non-element link buff.

I usually stack 3-2 and she comes with Wilbur in every match usually, since spirit link + berserk buff makes the attack increase with each hit taken.

3 Likes

I got her in her original release and was super happy to have her. Now, a lot of time has passed, a bunch of great purples have come out, and… I am still super happy to have her. Seshat is my first choice for a non-healing purple, but when I stack 3 Khiona slots in nicely. I use her in raids, wars (offense), titans, and events. Really useful.

1 Like

Hi all,

Does she still deserve her mats ? I pulled her twice when she was featured in the Tavern of Legends (I was pulling for Gravemaker actually), and now I don’t know if I should max her or Clarissa (my maxed 5* purple are Guardian Panther, Victor and Jabberwock).

I think Khiona can be really interesting against titans, if I use her with Guardian Panther and Tarlak. But Clarissa seems to be more versatile. So I don’t know… What Khiona owners think about her ? Do you still use her ?

I’d pick Clarissa. I basically never use Khiona and I don’t even have a monstrous bench. Only if she buffed all allies like Black Knight (non sense because he taunts, block damage & buff all and got the same mana speed). If using her, it’s better pair her with Wilbur. Her buff only lasts 3 turns, her damage is meh and she probably will be dead until she can fire twice.

1 Like

Thanks, so it will definitely be Clarissa (moreoever, I prefer her artwork).

1 Like

If you have a combo of Panther, Khiona, Kage, then she’s deadly especially at +18. My second ever 5* years ago and I still use her in my purple stack every single day. Underrated and a great hero worthy of tabards, especially so if you have spare rogue emblems.

I’ve had some insane titan scores by putting Khiona in the middle of Panther and Kage, and using Miki. The berserk buff is very useful on titans particularly.

1 Like

Those two are my only maxed dark 5* heros, and I would probably go with Clarissa first again. But Khiona is also a very solid hero, so if nothing super exciting won’t come in next couple of months, would definitely max Khiona as well.

1 Like

I will make a try by maxing her at 3/70, and make a short comparison between her and Clarissa in order to know which one is the most suitable in my purple stack. Maybe I will be surprised ? I want to max both of them anyway. Thanks a lot for your answers.

2 Likes

She need to be change to fast or not use of her at all.

Disagree. Not every hero needs to be fast. Her skill is good at average mana.

1 Like

I still use Khiona every war.

I have other 5* purples who don’t get a run (such as Kunchen and Costume Sartana).

I like pairing her up with other snipers; the team I usually use her in is:
Ariel - Jabberwock - Khiona - Skadi - Seshat

Khiona’s buff increases Jabberwock & Skadi damage output meaning more deaths!

2 Likes

Khiona with c.rigard is a nice heal also

Any thoughts on Khiona with the new defense formation? Could she replace my Sartana? Maybe at the center of a double formation?

Thinking Telly/Skadi front with GM (or vanda), Khiona, Odin back line?

Another option is pulling emblems from Telly to beef up Odin and doing an Odin,Skadi front line and a Toxicandra, Khiona, GM (or Vanda) back line.

I can’t see Khiona working on defense at all. For attacking she’s ok. I have her maxed and ended never using her. If you set powerful damage to all heroes next to her & combo with a DEF down though…

Wish she did minor damage to nearby enemies to compensate only 3 turns of buff for only nearby allies, which is ridiculous compared to B. Knight.

She could definitly work OK hidden in behind but her main issue has always been speed. at Average Speed hidden behind, will she charge & fire in time to mak an impact on the game?

1 Like

If I used that formation I would probably have Skadi and Odin (mana boost) in front, her center, and Toxicandra (mana gain) , and GM (vanda) as flanks. That would help a little with speed.