Khagan is Mis-Classified

I think he is in wrong class too. Though I think many others are and I know they had to balance the heroes and * levels. He would have fit as a barbarian more than ranger but fighter would have been better ignoring the historical context.
Also, G & G are barbarians but Tibs is a ranger. Same skill exactly though. The cleric, druid, monk, wizard classes are muddled and its easier to accept things in there. Like Melendor should be a wizard but he’s a druid. I guess he could also be a sorceror too. Look at these definitions from wikipedia and you will see why they can basically fall into these categories and how even the druid was replaced with the paladin class.

Druid - a priest, magician, or soothsayer in the ancient Celtic religion.
Cleric - Clerics are usually members of religious orders, with the original intent being to portray soldiers of sacred orders who have magical abilities, although this role was later taken more clearly by the paladin. Most clerics have powers to heal wounds, protect their allies and sometimes resurrect the dead, as well as summon, manipulate and banish undead.
Sorceror - a practitioner of magic, the ability to attain objectives or acquire knowledge or wisdom using supernatural means
Wizard - a practitioner of magic
Paladin - typically a Warrior character first and foremost, proficient with heavy arms and armor. Yet at the same time a Paladin is gifted with blessings or magical capabilities such as healing, protection, and countering evil magic (including undead), albeit to a lesser degree than a true priest or cleric. Their outlook would typically be that of a militant defender of faith, sometimes crossing over into cleric, missionary, zealot, or inquisitor territory.
Monk - may be a person who decides to dedicate his life to serving all other living beings, or to be an ascetic who voluntarily chooses to leave mainstream society and live his or her life in prayer and contemplation. The concept is ancient and can be seen in many religions and in philosophy.

The fighter and barbarian are similar as well but the ones above are muddled a bit. Obviously many don’t fit like Joon since Monks are typically non-violent so that is a problem.

It would have made more sense if they were all in different classes. Having the overlap of skills in barbarian diminishes their usefulness there and deprives another class of that skill.

Nope, not searching for troubles.
Just try to show you that Khagan is not the only w.tf class hero empires and puzzle have.

Deal with it.
I know it don’t fit well both for design and in-game uses, but heroes are many and they must balance out classes.

If i have to say, i’m surprised they miss only a few of them.
Small Giant did a rather good job on classes.

You know Moderator it’s not that big a deal. A few has offered good explanations. It was a CURIOSITY. My Khagan. among several other Legendary heroes I have paid for is fully leveled. It was something I suddenly took notice that sparked my intelligent brain to want to know why.

1 Like

My very first reaction when they introduced classes was “Bane? A MONK? He’s a Barbary Pirate!”

It looks like you’ve already given your own answer. That doesn’t strike me as someone seeking enlightenment or open to alternate views.

The forum is not a place for personal attacks. Frankly, @zephyr1 does an amazing job and gets no pay or perks from it. I suggest you take other players input and don’t get defensive.

You’ve stated many time that this was a question, a curiosity or just wanted to know why Khagan is not classed a certain way. I will point out that you posted your ‘question’ in the Ideas and Features category. Posts in the Ideas and Features are direct requests for changes in the game. Other players will give their input on the pros and cons, discuss and possibly vote for your idea.

If you were truly asking a question to gain knowledge, you should have posted in the General Discussion category. That area is for asking questions and receiving information in return.

Since you posted in the wrong category, the responses to your question is not as you expected. While this can be frustrating, don’t take it out on those responding to your post. Their responses are appropriate for the category.

Originally it was posted in general discussing. It was moved here.

Don’t think classes were heavily weighted on appearances…

Who are you And which part of my comments are personal attacks? Please point it out. I responded to answers re my inquisitiveness. Whether it applied or not, I thanked them and stated so.

“You know Moderator it’s not that big a deal.” “You know Moderator it’s not that big a deal. A few has offered good explanations. It was a CURIOSITY. My Khagan. among several other Legendary heroes I have paid for is fully leveled. It was something I suddenly took notice that sparked my intelligent brain to want to know why.”

The above offends you?

I don’t know what you mean, but I haven’t seen a professional response to my complaint yet. Maybe I should bypass this route and write directly to a professional, since I am sure your responsibilities include more than monitoring conversations. It must also include responding to complaints. So I am complaining to the same people I am complaining about.

He meant the classes are not based on the hero’s look.

And if you don’t like the Khagan class, you are forced to deal with it anyway. Here, like already you have told, there are no conversations with SG crew. Only among players. So, you accept the game how it is or you uninstall it. All of us are in the same situation.

4 Likes

Anyways this isn’t even an idea thread… And a rather pointless conversation.

So write a letter to whoever you want and waste your time but I’m definitely not allowing you to waste more of mine…

First of all, you responded to the wrong person. While that is more humorous than offensive, I’m not sure if @craftsphere appreciates it. :grin:

What could be considered offensive is the following. It appears English is not your first language, so it could be read different ways.

1. Being a moderator is not a big deal (offensive)
  2. Hey mod… I’ve decided that Khagan being in the wrong class isn’t a big deal. (Not offensive)

Capital letters in writing are considered yelling. That’s uncalled for. Some could take offense. After all, no one likes being yelled at. This is but one example.

You were told that this forum is run by players such as yourself, yet you don’t seem to listen. While not exactly offensive, it is quite irritating.

I will state it again - no one here works for SG.

Also, you were responding to @Rigs. Unless he’s now a mod (Did I miss that??) he has no responsibilities here. He’s only here to help other players. While under the delusion that he works for SG, you said you hadn’t received a professional response, that his job must include that, and you were going to bypass him. Basically, he’s not doing the job you believe he is responsible for. That type of statement is not called for either.

Finally, when did this become a complaint about the devs? I thought you were asking a question about Khagan’s class?

1 Like

Ranger or not I just know he is not good enough to acend him and it sucks for I need a maxed red…

Fighter won’t help anyway. Being practical magni and Kingston will never give him embelms even if he pose as fighter

Is it a question or a complaint? OP has now called it both.

If a question, fine. It’s been answered to the best that we can, not being associated with SGG in any way.

If a complaint, well, not the first. Many heroes are misfiled for class but this is what it is. We can class everyone by what they seem to be, which would leave some classes pretty barren (Cleric / Druid / Rogue), or we can accept that some are pigeonholed into dubious classes for hero balance across them. I mean, Alice and Inari as Rogues? Gretel as Barbarian? Khagan as Ranger is more realistic than that.

Hmmm, you see, your first sentence (not quoted) is a question, true.

But then you follow that question up with a definitive assertion and/or complaint (quoted above).

So no, you didn’t “JUST ASK A QUESTION”.

You stated a strong assertion that the current situation is WRONG, that it SHOULD BE CHANGED…

I responded suggesting that while it may not make sense in real life (agreeing with your point in general); perhaps recognizing that it’s a game and not meant to be true-to-life would be a more favourable approach (assuming ‘fun’ is the goal) than hoping or advocating for a change of the structure of the game or hoping for more historical accuracy from a game that features fantasy characters and things like ‘Death Strikes’.

I also provided a plausible explanation of how the situation came about.

So yeah, you’re welcome.

1 Like

You’re unlikely to get a direct response from the developers. I’m just a simple community member with a keen interest in history.

Typically “rangers” in fiction settings are archers but are also survivalists. From that view-point the Mongols fit both definitions :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re exactly right regarding the Mongols and horseback archery. I’ve spent time in western China and attended the Ancient Kham and Litang Nomadic Featival with the ancestors of the Mongols and elite level horse archery is still taught and practiced by their young males as they enter adulthood - and i mean standing on the back of a horse at full gallop firing arrows… it’s incredible to see.

Ranger works just fine for a Khan.

1 Like