Keep Vela in defense?

Yes to me Lepus is the best blue flank in the game right now. He just hit too hard and too fast.

If you have Zim you could also consider her. I have seen pop a lot of new line up like :

• Seshat- Zim- tell- GM- drake
  • Finley- Zim- tell- GM- drake
1 Like

The only change I see atm is that I’m not affraid to bring 3 reds against Tell-Vela defence. With the right board, I can finish Telluria with tiles, which was never the case before she fires first time. And if I go with reds, I bring Boldtusk for attack buff against Vela, and “just one” cleanser - c.Rigard, c.Caedmon or c.Sonya. Depends.

Everything else seems quite similar like before the nerf. With bad board I keep drawning in Vela’s water. Attack debuff is very annoying if I can’t clean it or overwrite it immediately. My win rate might be a bit better solely because of the fact I can get rid of Telluria more often than before.

To conclude, I believe it works almost exactly as intended. It’s not breaking the meta completely, but it makes it more manageable. At least for us who are still relying heavily on 4* heros.

2 Likes

Telluria/Vela is not more a challenge, they are hard Just with bad board tiles and for players that don’t know how to play this game.

I use a mono red, and Vela is the last Hero that I kill every time. Bold is enough for her attack debuff, and her damage is not enough to Kill anyone without really bad boards.

Vela is average in any deffense now and an average support on offense team imo. Not more a first option for some one that want to get at top 100.

She has a low damage ( Mine is 4/80+16 on attack path), attack debuff is not so good that turn the use of emblems on Her an option now. Vela damage without emblems are a Joke, with emblems are meh…

The players that keep Her on defense is just because they has no options at this moment. I used Magni 4/80+8 in place of her and has the same results, 30% wins. I still using her on Wars, and my defense team performance was very bad in all of them.

SG killed Vela in defense, and give us a Hero that IS not more a good options for emblems… To use her debuff on raid attack and Titas, It is not necessary +16. Thank you SG

3 Likes

They can move Vela to S1 now so can be summon for training camp…

Not a HOM any more to me…
Sad but true

Exactly what I said all along

How many mono reds do you have in wars?

She can just join weak hotm like anzogh and Margaret jf etc… but truly she is allot stronger

I don’t have this experience. I’ve been playing for over two years now and have pulled only 3 HOTMs. I’ve done none 10 pulls in that time and not once received an HOTM. It’s been 167 pulls since my last HOTM and I’ve never had multiples. I was fortunate enough to pull Santa from a seasonal pull and he’s my only seasonal or event hero out of over 120 pulls. The odds of getting these heroes are clearly stated and seem to be accurate. 1% for Event 5-star (or one per every 100 pulls on average) and 1.3% for HOTM (or one for every 77 pulls on average).

People should get more HOTMs than event heroes, because there is a greater chance of getting an HOTM and every time you pull for an event hero you’re also getting a chance at and HOTM and HOTMs are available elsewhere as well - Costume, Atlantis, Valhalla, so more pulls means more instances.

Those that are getting multiple HOTMs are either very lucky or doing a lot of pulls.
The game is working as designed. I’m not sure if you’re abdicating for a change or just providing commentary, but please don’t mislead people into thinking that an HOTM is a 1 in 10 shot or better, by saying that any 10 pull should get at least one HOTM.

@BigSlick I understand. I was just expressing my experience as of late. I even followed it up with a screenshot of my next summons on Day 1 of the Atlantis event. In this case, I summons six 5* heros in my pull including 2 HOTM. As I said, this is my experience and more of my opinion. As with anything up here it is based on “personal experience”. Others may have different experiences. :wink:

1 Like

One or two for each team member? Maybe 20 or 40 mono reds available?

Bold is a strong Vela counter and very easy to get one, Rigard is another one. CadimonC are other easy option for greens. JF or Anzogh reduce the Vela damage to nothing. Mitsuko, Zinkitha, Lady Loki, there are so many options for a mono, 4/1 or 3/2… Red, Green, Dark, Yellow and Blues. ALL then has good counter options

SG should give back the emblems, iron and food for all Vela’s owners. Attack path is not more the best option for her imo. She is a support now, not a damage hero anymore.

1 Like

I definitely had a different experience with Wonderland this go 'round. I ended up with 5 pulls from Challenge coins. I had about 9 left from the last Challenge, completed all stages and received
several coins while farming. I ended up getting 3 event heroes from those 5 pulls - Shrubbear (3*), Cheshire Cat (4*) and Queen of Hearts (5*) - and as per normal for me; no HOTM. Still very happy to have some new heroes to level up as it’s been a while and my TC’s we’re overflowing with heroes and food.

I’ve been trying to decide what to do about my Vela tanking for war (our alliance runs blue tanks). Currently my war defense is Seshat+18 Telluria+17 Vela+17 Gravemaker+18 Neith (emblem conflict with Seshat).

I do now have C Richard available which is a better tank, but I’m not sure what I’d do with/replace Telluria if I removed all her emblems.

My other blue options are: King Arthur, Raffaele, Misandra and Thorne ranging from 1.1 to 3.70 currently. I’ve also considered Raffaele since even though he is passive as a tank, my team would put pressure to bring both a dispeller and cleanser (C Caedmon and Melendor say hello).

Other heroes I have:
Nature: Tarlak, Heimdall, G Chameleon Zocc

Holy: Joon (almost done, was going to replace Neith), Leonidas, Roc, Bai Yeong, Inari, Malosi, Justice, Vivica

Dark: Clarissa, Kunchen, Kageburado, Mok-arr, Domitia, Quintus, Obakan, C Rigard+18

Fire: Marjana, JF, Grazul, Azlar, Santa Claus, Noor, Khagan

My best team in isolation would be Seshat, Gravemaker, Telluria, Vela, and soon Joon as that removes the current emblem conflict - but I doubt having the only green tank in a sea of blue would benefit me or my alliance. Our alliance did examine switching to green, but decided we would be worse off.

I’ve sort of kept track of my performance in the last few wars. It doesn’t really seem that different In 9 times that my team was taking down four were 1-shots, one ate two flags, one used 3 flags, and three required 4 flags. But just looking at my team I think it could be better.

I’ve tried thinking of ways to move the emblems off Telluria onto Richard, but I either get more emblem conflicts or am looking at heroes that don’t belong on a war defense imo.

I could just leave it as is an emblem up Joon as soon as he’s done - and maybe reevaluate when I get more heroes. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Who is a better second flank for a GT or TG War defense, Finley +18 or Vela +13?

My alliance runs rainbow with green tank, blue flank. I can’t use Finley at wing or use both.

FInley is wing… So Vela.

Vela is still the best bue flank next to Telly imo. She’s so soft now that she often fires twice even if Mitsies reflection is active. I have much more problems to kill her now.

Lepus, Isarnia and Finley commit immediate suicide. Softer hitters like Alice, Magni and Fenrir won’t.

1 Like

Not that many Mitsuko in war, though.

I think she is worst as Telluria flank now, because red is the strong color against Telluria and Vela is weaker against reds now (reds has Bold, JF, Mit, Grazul, Zim, Lady Loki, and others that give defense buff against blue, a Lot off red counters options)

At Tank, She is not worst than before, just not the best BLUE option, and maybe, not the attack path choice for this position ( maybe defense/heal is a better choice for Tank position). At Tank, She is better against greens now, because she is fast and the attack debuff is for all. But a mono Green, 3 Tiles and She is dead, but GM help in your defense. Só, It is not bad tô use her If you has GM imo.

Reds against Vela tank is not the best option, but against Telluria/Vela It is.

Telluria still being the best Tank option imo. I think you need to make your choice looking at what is better for you. Defense Raids or Wars? Do you use Tell in offensive raids?

Maybe another flank option in place Telluria for Wars can work better… Telluria is not so good at flank.

Did you try Heimdall (revive), GM, Vela, Neith, Seshat? G,V,N has a good synergy imo.

1 Like

Thank you for the response! I was looking so much at what I would replace Vela with (and others that would follow) that I didn’t consider just swapping out Telluria. I agree that Telluria is much better as a tank, and that Vela isn’t as strong as a flank for greens.

I really like the synergy of your suggestion, but it still leaves me with my current problem of having both Seshat and Neith as rangers, with Seshat currently having all the emblems. Not sure if I’ll go to +19 with Seshat, but planning to keep her at +18. Looking at my other holy choices I think Joon would still work, but like the idea of aoe blind and mana cut from Neith who is much better at flank than wing.

I really like the idea of Heimdall at left wing. He has a low resurrection chance, but can potentially upset cleanup attempts.

Thanks again!

Edit: To your question about what is better for me, I view war defense > war attack teams > raid defense. My emblems are going primarily to my war defense and after that to 4*s like Rigard and Proteus to have stronger attack teams. Also, I do use Tell in offensive raids.

2 Likes

Finley gets an A grade at flank. A+ at wing.

IMHO, Finley can fire too soon at Flank - before the attacker sets up their buffs. In such a case most of his special is wasted.

Why can’t you run both? Does the defense HAVE to be rainbow? Finley at LW and Vela at RF is Still very effective and discourages red stacking vs a green tank.

1 Like