Keep Vela in defense?

Lol Kingston actually does damages, vela does not anymore which was her main purpose when she was featured in January.
Attack down is easily counter by boltusk, extra damages cannot be counter. It was the main features every one was seeking in her. It should have stayed (probably lower the 40% to 30% though).

3 Likes

How much damage king is doing?

And how much overall is she doing?

She mostly shoot five hero’s so make the math. Would you please?

Attack down of king can be counterd by bt. The problem is with telly probably by won’t be ready in time (easily…sure…)

And of course everyone liked she is ravishing the whole enemy team… That is exactly why she is flank… And she can resist minions and give crit damage…m she is full…

I only use telly as war tank (do not want to bother everybody in raids, and there are other options to stay in diamond).

As I do not have GM, I use BK as one flank, so a damaging blue with hits all or at least 3 was important. I can change against costumed Magni, but he only hits one. also considering to use ursena again (although I have spread the sorcerer emblems widely). other option would be to change BK with Kestrel or JF and keep vela. Needs some experiments, I guess.

As for attack, the vela change also made me to reflect my strategy. typically attacked 3-2 green-purple with good sucess rate against (G)TV. Now it is better to attack with reds - not my strongest color …

You obviously don’t know much about high level raiding.
This is not the overall damage that matter but the impact it has on the opponent. 900-1000 damage spread among 5 hereos is worthless because even after she fired your sniper can’t take down an opponent after that and any ticking HoT will negate that :roll_eyes:

A good defense team needs to be harassing not to stalling.

Lol… so you say you prefer king in flank then Vela?

So maybe I am not great player but I can some math. …

Let’s calculate…

So it’s 1200 * 4 plus 1350 equals 6150. And this is with one red

6150 with one red. Kingston is doing is doing less then 1000 for one…

So while it takes some time and maybe maybe will be dispelld when telly is there probably it won’t. So it will be four Kingston in one player

Any comments?

Lol you are showing a pre nerf screen while I’m talking about the current version so please go talk somewhere else :roll_eyes:
She was no threat before the nerf and she’s just a joke for raid defense now.

Pre nerf numbers.

So I guess that is why everyone had her on defense…

So let’s see what happens now

1170 plus 200 * 3 * 5 = 4170

Soryy… I was wrong the last time… So now she is doing this amount of damage for any team colors plus attack def down to all and not just three plus critical hits etc…

So…

While it is big nerf I. Damage it still one of the strongest aoe hero’s with fast mana and now it has king speicel added
It’s allot

Direct raw damage… Without dot… And she is still very powerfull vs red and less powefull vs non red

But if add the dot it’s something totaly different …

Maybe it was just you?

200 damage even to 5 target is no threat at all. The dot is cleanable and not really powerful even less now. Same for the attack down.

The only thing that made her appealing was the extra damage to punish mono red no brainer who did not have the correct counter hereos (i.e. bt/JF/kong/mitsuko/bk/qoh/zim/grazul)

4 Likes

Maybe… But you are speaking about this cleansers all the time… I have vivica . Do you think she can be ready in time? I can take Sonya . She has a chance but four star blue sniper vs telly velaa… hmm hard…and maybe rigrad can be ready in time or not

So when you are facing gtv you need a cleanser ready for cleaning Vela damage plus gm damage plus telly mana down… And all this while your mana is broken…

So you need three cleansers and maybe one debuffer for telly healing and that is about it…

So grazul is amazing. I don’t have him…mistuku is now not good vs Vela anymore Kong will die ling before anything, bt maybe can give some counter to attack down but not the dot. (Or is he? Not sure) and I have jf plus seven but rarely he is ready in time when I take him in wars

And you need to do all that six times in war…

Pi never can take red against he because five star red I have are not strong and anyway you can take so many reds on war

And if attack down is nothing deal so is king attack down
.no big deal

Her dot is really what made me loose . I would love that you show me how to fight stronger team with you in wars and have a cleanser ready multiple by six for all gtv combo

I don’t care for Vela. I care for the overall game and right now she is strongr in wars then she was before (depends honestly on what you take she can be bit stronger Orr weaker)

1 Like

C Rigard is the best. I use him and zimkitha agains TGV.

Oh. Well now is just GT becouse V is dead and it will be gone.

I start add emblems on Alice again and quit useing Vela in my defense.( to be on topic)

3 Likes

You do right that by my calculations her damage did got nerfed somewhat and telli is the real problem…

So seems they got what they wanted more diversity

Don’t think so. Some players just replace her. I notice some have 2x Finley. Others Missandra or another red or purple hero.

It will never be diversity at the top.

1 Like

Excalty you just bring costume rigard + another cleaner/counter. I have multiples rigard for war and you should too
Costume rigard should be use mainly against GM 's dot, his heal over time will mitigate the damage received from Vela’s dot if you can’t avoid having both GM and Vela firering at the same time.
But timing is the key here you need to not use rigard against telluria’s mana debuff but hold it until GM and/or vela fire.

1 Like

I can’t say Telluria is affecting my mana. Even with lvl 5. 4* mana troop i can’t feel her strike. All depends on the boards and her flanks.