Keep Vela in defense?

My trophy are still the same around 2600

notice how they’re selling reset emblems now, BS and a slap in the face

2 Likes

I havent notifed any significant reduction in overnight cups (Joon, JTV, Killhare, approx. 4500 TP).

I do believe that Vela is now stronger on offense but weaker on defense post-balancing, if only because I find it easier to bring red stacks vs GTV. Or TV in general.

Since I have invested more than a dozen emblems on Vela, and since I dont have Finley, cMagni or Lepus - I guess Vela is staying put for the time being.

2 Likes

I think I would prefer the second line up cause I think it’s a waste to have cMagni on the wing and I never found LotL to be hard to deal with on flank.

But I would rather do wRabbit- Kage - LoltL - cMagni- QoH

You want Kage on the flank to fire the earlier possible to benefit from his SS the most as well as cMagni for the defense debuff.

It’s complete BS that they nerfed her. There’s so many other overpowered heroes that cause way more damaged then her. She was a support hero now she’s blah. Instead of ruining players line ups add new heroes that counter them so we can build our teams. I’m sick of spending time on leveling heroes just to have them nerfed.

So no, I don’t think Vela is as strong defensively prior to her current nerf.

Actually I am… By comparison with event and S2/S3 etc - HOTM are by far the easiest and cheapest 5* to specifically target and pull.

When they’re right at the tip of the power curve, they’ll dominate absolutely everywhere because more people have them.

You’re absolutely right that Vela needed fixing, badly, and it looks like they’ve done a much better job of it this time.

1 Like

Though I do not agree, I am curious on the arguments. In which aspects do you think Vela was OP and why you think she needed fixing?

Vela wasn’t overpowered at all. Telluria was and still is. Vela just took all the hit for her, because for some reason SG is too afraid to nerf Telluria apparently.

3 Likes

It is strange question, but who is better as war tank - new Vela or c.Magni? Do not have other maxed blue 5* yet, but Lepus on the way (he is worse as tank).

In a vacuum I would consider C.Magni the better defense hero overall, even on tank position, def down is more lethal, but it could also depend on what type of heroes you surround him with.

JF-Sif-(Blue)-Telly-Clarissa (no other maxed 5* now).

Eh? I would still place Telly as my tank.

No other hero had such an OTT suppression of a specific colour - even v2 was massively powerful against fire in particular.

Putting this as a flank to any decent green tank made for massive punishment of any red attackers unless a very specific counter was present (Grazul) or the board was good enough to charge either a taunt, reflect or cleanse.

Put that together with Telluria and you had a massive problem.

Telly alone isn’t that hard to beat - stack 3+ reds and you’ll win most battles, has been that way from the start for me.
Telly with Vela used to be very, very difficult to beat (that’s why everyone wanted to run it on def!) unless you had either an exceptional board or a good board and some quite specific heroes (taunts which are very hard to get in QoH or BK; cleansers in G.Kong who is very rare or Zimkitha who’s also hard to get now, unless you were playing when she was HOTM you’d be very lucky to have her; or reflect in Mitsuko, again a rare hero).

That insta-synergy between Vela and a green tank was just too much punishment for reds, it’s something no other hero could do to that extent at flank…

2 Likes

As tank i think the choice is not so evident.

As stated under your comments the defence of cMagni is a priori more dangerous. But you have to take in consideration the fact that the opponent will probably stàcks greens against a blue tank and greens have costume melandor to reverse the defense down.

On the over hand greens lacks of fast attack buffer. At best they can cure it with costume Caedmon.
If vela manage to fire once as a tank she as a higher probability than costume Magni to fire twice and therefore she could potentially do significant more damages than cMagni in this tank position.

I think you should test both and see the results.

What is your usual attack team you used against GTV defenses?
Did you try attacks after the current nerf, do you see any significant difference?

I don’t see that much of a change. I only have 10 ascended 5*'s, so I run mono red. I raid diamond.

Vela is a fast mana, hit-all hero, with direct damage plus dot and attk debuff. It’s still won or lost in the first 8 moves or so for me.

Vela is still one of the best 5*s in the game.

Vela is dead mate. With 50-200 dmg to all enemies is not worth the truble to ascend.
Why will i want to keep a hero that dose not help in my defense?
You say is one of the best becouse you do not have her.

1 Like

Vela is similar to Zeline in many ways, ofc the ss are different but similar stats and fast Aoe.

Zeline used to be very popular in the meta defense before Tell. Not now simply because they’re both green but if Tell was another color, you’d likely see Zelines in raid defenses.

For majority of the people, Vela is still their best blue.

Does the new Vela prevent your defense from being in diamond when you open your chest? If not, then why all the drama?

I don’t even run Tell tank, it doesn’t make any difference for me so idk why the uproar.

1 Like

Lol she has nothing better than Zeline. Zeline has the debuff + the extra damages and it’s debuff attack last longer (4 against 3 for vela) and her direct hit is 143%.

Please don’t make a foul of yourself by trying to argue that Vela’s dot compensate all that…

2 Likes