Kalø Balance Update - Discussion

This is your balance… The hero was tested, you knew about his potential, and you released him anyway. People spent time going through this event, someone spent money and got this hero. And now you’re turning it into an empty place. Don’t you think it’s mean? You live off those who play your game and treat those who feed you that way…

6 Likes

Absolute BS…once again. After resources spent/used…inexcusable. SG needs to give us a means to completely re-set a hero and return all materials, heroes, iron, food. This could be done with equal value in trainers and chests along with all ascension materials and Aethers.

3 Likes

Gross negligence is a lack of care that demonstrates reckless disregard for the safety or lives of others , which is so great it appears to be a conscious violation of other people’s rights to safety.

That’s the definition from Cornell.edu

Lack of care…check

Reckless disregard, they ignored beta, took no actions to rectify this even though they could…sooo check.

Do they care about the safety of our mental or emotional health as a result of spending money on something then having it ripped away, nope. Check.

Conscious violation…looks like it, triple check.

9 Likes

It looks like Kalo was nefer after so many players spent money on summons, talents, LB for him. It doesn’t look so nice…
Where are the beta tests? They didn’t check it before?
I think SG has to rethink the way they relaase new heroes instead to nefer them later.
Good luck anyway

2 Likes

Hello, I totally support rebalancing BUT I have a better solution than nerfing all the 4-stars. Just make them 5 stars and modify as little as possible. I’d be lying if I didn’t say all the nerfing hasn’t chilled my purchasing. For the first time ever I didn’t spend $30-$130 dollars summoning heroes during an event. I spent $0. Not trying to manipulate anyone; just think if we don’t find a way to make nerfing more palatable while keeping the competition alive then the only people happy will be f2p.

5 Likes

The beta testers apparently said it was OP and were ignored.

Also, besides obvious lying in exclamation about weeks of Kalo’s dominance I addressed before, there is also this bit:

So when he was finally released, you didn’t bother to tell playerbase that “Sorry, this hero is bugged, he may be toned down soon, pull with that in mind”, eh? @Petri @EmpiresPuzzles @KiraSG ? You basically let people pull for that hero, spending their cash for gems and coins, while knowing that he is bugged and it won’t stay that way, without telling anything? In my country, that fulfills the definition of a fraud!

I am all for nerf because, let’s be honest, the hero is a bit strong for 4*, but I don’t like this treatment by you. In your explanation you undeniably lie, release broken content for which people spend money and then fix it. I really hope you put much better compensation than few useless flasks.

8 Likes

I understand the position of the developers and decision makers in wanting to maintain a balance in the game but please try to make fewer mistakes as this means losing money for the players who summon gems, in my opinion they are abusing the fidelity of the community and they are playing with fire because the recurrence of this action can trigger disenchantment.

3 Likes

Will max him regardless of this nerf which i already knew would come. His special is unique and very valuable in rush modes like treevil. Outside of rush you may need to pair him with squidface or something like that now. Anyway got him without chasing and am pretty sure he will be in line with the powerlvl of ferrant who is still successfully used as war tank on some top100 alliances.

you are right, this bears repeating…

For a few WEEKS, when Kalo first debuted like a week ago?! And with the low odds for a 4* in Gargoyles portal (Epic Event Hero: 5.7%!!) how many players actually got AND maxed AND then started using him?!

2 Likes

Before anybody else says beta testers are incompetent, here is my opinion on him on beta. 100% ignored. Blame SG greedy a$$, not us.

13 Likes

I blame no beta tester for this! It is 100% small giant!

3 Likes

@Petri unfortunately its a blunt approach to a situation that needed fine tuning.

His third line of his special is what needs addressesing.

Specifically the ability to fire off all dead heroes specials to wreck any defense which still remains.

That special needs to be limited either by range or more targeted like adjacent dead heroes.

Adjacent dead heroes allows for up to 2 specials off of it and requires strategy for a player in attack or defense to place Kalo at tank or more likely flank positions which exposes them in a defense and makes the game more interesting.

Running double Kalo in offense under the current format allows for the potential of 6 specials off both Kalos firing. Far too powerful. If limited to adjacent heroes this is reduced to potentially only 4 specials.

If Beta is allowed to test an abive scenario I’d suggest reviewing the hero speed from very slow as it far too punitive for a 4* hero that is used in raid format.

1 Like

As a Kalø user I can say few things:

1. If you @Petri call Kalo best hero in the game, I can call you a blantant liar. Win/loose ratio of teams with Kalo is not higher than others, he is not even present in more than 15% top defences. My team had just around 50% win rate across last week. So, nothing special, knowing that he was with Alf, Frantz, Xnol and Zeke. Fun fact - my team was attacked a lot. So …
  2. … the real strenght of a team with particular hero should be measured by Re-roll rate. Can you @Petri show us the data on Ro-roll rate on particular heroes? I dare you.
  3. Kalo was great all-around hero, great in supporting offence on good boards and last-resort hero on very bad boards (although dying 80% of time prematurely before he could be used). Great for farming, events, wars.
  4. Kalo after nerf - only playable in wars as a last-resort
  5. About nerf sanctions
  • stats - irrelevant
  • damage reduction - too harsh, should get to 110/220 or 120/240
  • speed - justified, but it is a buff for fast wars
  • copycat special - should be nerfed to nearby and was not touched
  1. Result
  • Kalo = wrecked hero
  • last piece of my nerf squad Yang Mai - Azmia 1/1 - Kalo - Ferant - Frosth; currently 2/2 on defence
3 Likes

That section is not changed.

It is a real scam that is repeated recurrently. They take out a hero that everyone knows is overpowered for the sole purpose of collecting money.
after collecting the money they nerf him and bring out another overpowered hero over and over again. They blatantly deceive us without shame. Too many times to be coincidence.

1 Like

Yes, disappointed, but as of yet didn’t spend a fortune or resources. Finally nailed a great hero and bam - nerfed. Trying to advance as much as possible now until NerfTime and then let him lie. SSG you Klingon Bastards , you killed my son.

2 Likes

Thanks. Not saying every beta tester is a saint because some said Kalo was OK and some said Telluria was ok too before she was released, even both were CLEARLY overpowered. Some are really out of their minds and it sounds like SGG only hear them.

2 Likes

@petri instead of discussing amoung the player base can we discuss with someone from SG?

It is pretty obvious that a lot of players are angry this is happening so often but what will this vent thread accomplish if noone from SG is participating?

5 Likes

I broke with my 2+ years of FTP to summon specifically for Kalo. I didn’t get him and was especially disappointed. My opinion was that he was far and away the most powerful hero to enter the game. His third special remains untouched, I expect to still see him in all rush based events.

On a general note, I’m tired of the over-the-top heroes being released that will “break the game” if they’re not nerfed. Of the spenders I know, they spend. They’ll spend even if the over-the-top heroes are never developed and released. Was I “tricked” into summoning…maybe, I’d like to believe that this Kalo charade was not preplanned and executed as sgg expected.

2 Likes

He just feels like a 10* in a 4* hero’s body

1 Like