Kalø Balance Update - Discussion

Please discuss the Kalø Balance Update here!

Announcement:

Make sure to also check out our FAQ on hero balancing:

8 Likes

Poor Kalo and those who worked on him. I don’t have him but was hoping they wouldn’t go this far as he looked like so much fun. Rush only?

2 Likes

i am glad the last part wasn’t touched at least.

he will still be unique.
the damage nerf looks to be a but too much but mostly he’ll play the same for me if i get him

1 Like

well, the VF game style is broken now…

8 Likes

New Kalo is a completely different hero from original release form… The change in mana speed alone, from Avg to VS, makes me wonder if he was even tested in original form in Beta.

20 Likes

As always, we will continue to keep an eye on live metrics to determine whether further adjustments will be necessary

laughable

18 Likes

The nerf is fair - imho no one can doubt this. But to SG: It would be even fairer for all players if such heroes do not make their way through beta and end up in the productive system.

just my 2 ¢

18 Likes

Hah, at least i didnt waste my limit break… Poorly i cant get my gems back. This is the most ever seen cheat on players. Shame on you SG.

25 Likes

This nerf reminds me of the cKrampus nerf - very severe, but somehow missing the real problem. Kalo’s OP skill was firing up to four special skills at once. That was the problem and that wasn’t touched.

12 Likes

SGG was kind enough not to nerf the 3rd special. That 3rd special is the problem.

And then they buffed him for Rush RT and war.

Oh well

7 Likes

As always $GG sucks… You are really funny @Staff_SGG

13 Likes

I hope Kalo owners continue to abuse his 3rd skill so we can get another round of nerf

3 Likes

Believe it or not, at least several testers argued that he wasn’t OP at all. In his original form. Some people did say that he would be super OP, but they weren’t even the clear majority.

I’ve said this over and over again, but this silly delusion of “beta testers always get it right and SGG always ignores them” needs to die. For good.

12 Likes

The fact that the devs take zero responsibility is a joke. They saw this happening a mile away and chose to bury their heads in the sand. Just say, “sorry, we should have taken Beta feedback more seriously, we made an error.”

6 Likes

Any compensation for the people that paid money to buy gems to summon Kalo?

19 Likes

Then maybe the people who have kalo and maxed him out already and limit broke him and fully talented him needs a compensation, as a good will gesture from small giant, … between the emblems , and resources the major issue is the average to very slow mana! Very disappointing

15 Likes

If SGG nerfed that 3rd special on top of the 1st and 2nd, there will be a revolution.

They should have just nerfed the 3rd special. By reducing 4x to neighbouring or injecting RNG like 40% chance for the 3rd special.

His damage was okay. Leave that alone.

3 Likes

first-time-james-franco

11 Likes

Nah, never. Or some energy bottle :grinning: