🦸‍♂️ Kalø - 4* Nature / Green from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

This is hilarious. Especially in light of the fact that you haven’t even come close to proving that in any single instance. You’ve yet to provide a single solitary cogent argument. You did nothing more than posit a series of fallacies.

Is this supposed to be satire? You run out this evidence free anecdote, and act as if that’s a viable counter?

I literally listed 3 different defenses and you say you can beat them with 5 Chao? LOL.

This is not even a remotely serious attempt a refutation. Or a serious discussion on how to counter the 3 defenses I just posted.

Great for what exactly? Even if you’re lucky enough to get the tiles to power both of them, you need something very big and very quick to take advantage of it. Otherwise, you delay the inevitable and get crushed.

But, please feel free to post a Youtube video showing some raids in a row where you use double Proteus to consistently win with high level defenses like I just posted…

Double Ruby? Seriously? Do you have two Rubys? I sure don’t. I don’t even have one. I have 94 fully leveled 5 stars(51 of which are emblemed 18+ and 26 which are limit broken), but alas not a single Ruby. I can not possibly imagine that many players out there have two of Ruby.

And that even ignores that I’m not entirely sure how having two of them on their own is an effective counter for any of 3 defenses I just listed. They can certainly be part of an effective counter, but they hardly are enough to do it by themselves.

Further, none of this actually addresses the point that this 4-star hero is way overpowered for a 4-star.

2 Likes

honestly it sounds to me like the real issue here is that you just don’t have either 1. The roster or 2. The skill to compete at the tier you’re out. It sounds like you’ve hit a wall.

To break through the next level in that wall you might need to grow your roster or switch up your approach.

If you’re going up against ideal defenses, but don’t have an ideal roster, you think you should counter that without resistance?

Also, you can be mad about the chao example, but it happened, over, and over again. I use it as a point that good play trumps ideal roster.

Double proteus does a lot my friend….especially in a roster with additional mana controllers. Freeze their mana with double proteus, then use mana reducers to remove it completely.

Double proteus buys you 6 turns on half the board to do literally whatever you want, or 3 turns on the whole board that’s a lot of room to work with.

If the enemy can’t fire their specials, you win
The fight.

Also, double ruby means 9 tiles=0 mana and a boatload of damage to 3 targets. If you take 3 people completely out of the fight, you can win that, can’t you?

You comment about “if you can even get the tiles….”
I think here in lies the issue. You’re talking about a situation in a bubble. The reality is that in order to
Stand a chance going up against any defense. You have to get the tiles of the color you brought to fight.

Control the board, win the day lol.

2 Likes

Except the difference is, Kalo is not restricted by specials that have even already been cast. You can use Alfrike, not get a single purple tile, have her die and Kalo can cast her special at average speed for the rest of the fight.

Which then also leads me to what to do with him on defense. He’s probably even more an issue there, because he forces you into a dilemma. DO you target to kill him first and let the other big 5 stars survive longer and hope you can take them out before they go off too?

Or you target them first and hope you can get Kalo dead before he casts all of their specials first.

And making matters worse, the slower the defense, the worse it gets. Because the slower the defense, it almost definitely has far more devastating specials. Kalo will absolutely be at his best in defenses that are slow and have at least one, if not two taunters.

I’m actually envisioning defenses I am going to be seeing in the very near future here in the 2700-3000 cup range that are definitely going to have a fully maxed and limit broken Kalo. I’m actually envisioning defenses with him in it that I can use to it exploit right now.

Which is exactly why I know he’s way overpowered. His stats and even his stone-skin ability are both just fine, but his special is ridiculous.

2 Likes

The part of this game you can’t get around is that for
The most part it’s built on the idea of bringing 2 colors and having all, or most of those heroes ability go off in 6-9 tiles.

If you don’t get the tiles you need it’s game over and that’s just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

1 Like

Reading is clearly not for everyone.

Which part of the fact that I have 95 maxed 5 stars are you having difficulty understanding here? I mean granted, I’m not fortunate enough to have 5 Chao, as I only have 1, but hey, we all have our crosses to bear, I guess.

How many maxed 5 stars do you have again?

I mean granted, I’m not fortunate enough to have 5 Chao, but hey, we all have our crosses to bear, I guess.

*Citations needed.

My roster is apparently so underwhelming that neither of my two Proteus ever leaves the bench.

Further, and once again, I already addressed this issue above. Two Proteus isn’t even close enough to being enough

Some rock solid game analysis here. If the enemy doesn’t fire any specials, you’ll inevitably win.

And even more brilliant analysis right here. Really just telling me how to win against those defenses.

1 Like

Yet another post and still no actual attempt to address any of the actual issues I posted, nor even attempted to address the fact that Kalo is overpowered for a 4 star. Incredible.

1 Like

I am addressing them, repeatedly. I think either you can’t imagine how what I’m describing plays out, or like I initially said. You’re so far down the rabbit hole the concept of light at the top no longer exists.

I’m telling you if kalo doesn’t have mana, kalo doesn’t go off.

Your responses have been, that won’t work, if I get the tiles, if I have 3-6 turns to do whatever I want while the enemy take 400-800 poison damage it wouldn’t even work.

Man, you literally resorted to ignoring examples because I didn’t create you a 10 step play by play.

Then you listed your accomplishments and roster again as if it somehow proves that you know how to use it.

Kalo is totally fine, because he can be countered in a bunch of different ways. You just need to stop looking at his “what if” potential as if it’s his maximum potential.

What if Frank goes off after 1 match, the blue tiles kill an enemy leading to bonus damage while everyone has defense down and he goes off again! He would kill the whole team, frank too op. Lol.

For real man. Stop creating these hypotheticals and then demanding that everyone else treat your hypotheticals as fact. But then turn around and deny the examples I gave you based on experience…

Mana control.

3-2 9 tiles or less team. Get 3 matches. Control boards. Go, counter, win.

2 Likes

Yes, I just imagine that when attack state and other state will be replaced, it is better to bring 4 treevil with him then they can destory enemy’s team twice.
This hero has many bugs and I think they will shift + delete him soon.

1 Like

I think some player will find the way to use him effectively soon. At that point, he will be absolutely overpower.

My ideal Kalo team is Treevil + Franz + Guardian Owl or Goseck and x2 Kalo. Treevil + Franz + Guardian Owl all are at 1/1 so they die quickly. Skill of that 3 heroes combo alone can take down entire team. And you have 2 Kalo.

With Kalo, I don’t think it is a rare situation.

Me too :joy:

@bbrd67 Thank you for trying to explain to those people :rofl:

Thank you for your review :+1:

I have a question. Do you have a page specifically take about this card :sweat_smile: ?

I like how you give heroes grade and really want to know what is the grade of this card :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize that really not suppose to happen. Thank you for point that out :rofl:

That is correct but if you have x4 Alfrike at skill level 5,6,7,8 all them can be trigger since they are not unique :rofl:

Here is double Congalesh copy

4 Likes

i thought only unique heros is cast.

he will be nerfed for sure, to randomly/selectively cast a dead heros special.

3 Likes

This is defo a training card, best used by new players, or those looking to chill and have a laugh!

4 Likes

In BETA I tried raiding with KirilŠ, Anastasia, Inari, Mr. Pengi and Kalo (in that order).

He never died and I won every time.

3 Likes

Kalo would be an amazing 5*, i have a feeling his availabity being a 4* will lead.to his rebalance. I hope he stays around.

2 Likes

Thank you. But what is its grade ? Deity ? I really want to know :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No, you haven’t. Your sole “solution” to this point has been, “use two Proteus”. Which once again is not nearly enough to address the defenses I listed above.

So what? This is not any sort of an argument. If any hero doesn’t get mana they don’t go off. If SG creates a hero that has a special that kills all 5 heroes by powering up on one 3 tile match, if they don’t get that tile match then they don’t off either. Does that somehow mean a hero that automatically kills all 5 heroes with a special that goes off after one tile match is not completely overpowered?

And if not, why not?

No, I’m ignoring your obvious hand waving, because you quite clearly have no actual answers

Except again not only is this not only a straw man argument, because I am quite clearly not talking about Kalo on his own, but in a very strong team of 4 other 5 star heroes, you haven’t supplied any actual “counters”. Because once again, “use two Proteus” is not an effective “counter” for any of the three teams I have listed.

What? Does your Frank go off after one tile match? And he also has the ability to kill a whole team by himself without any other thing happening? Fascinating.

I really need to see a screen shot of your Frank. He is remarkably more powerful that the one that I have on m y roster. I have to admit that it is kind of strange that SG would issue you a special Frank, as opposed to the one everyone else has. Maybe he’s like the 5 Chaos your former alliance mate had that won over 80% of all of his raids.

I haven;t created any hypothetical. I have listed things that are easily done. There’s actual videos posted above of these very things being done in live game action. Your absolute refusal to acknowledge reality does not mean that reality ceases to exist. No matter how much it forces you into massive fits of cognitive dissoance.

More empty platitudes. Zero of which addresses the fact that a 4 star hero has no business being armed with a special that can mirror up to 4 of the best specials in the game in one shot. The end.

2 Likes

I just fought him, I think on Quinns team from 7DD. 2/3 formation with him in the center/back. Here’s what blew my mind. No attack buff or defensive ailment on me, he hit my fully maxed and LBd 5s for 700+. What the….

I’m leveling him now, if he gets nerfed, I’m done ne summoning for a while until I see what happens in the next portals. If nerfing becomes a consistent thing, oof, I’m done. Let’s hope he remains the same.

5 Likes

I went against him, W formation, MN, Krampus, Lewena, Xnol and Kalo.
My team was Heimdall, Francine, Kingston, Inari and Onatel.
I wasn’t really certain who to take out first, but early on I was able to take Xnol out, then I focused on MN, due to the good board took Krampus out too and in hindsight should’ve focused on Kalo first. MN fired, got Krampus back, killed MN again and because taunt was up couldn’t kill Kalo, so instead he fired and revived both MN and Xnol. Long story short, I was able to win, but should’ve gone with Zenobia instead Inar, maybe even Myztero instead of Kingston to throw Lewena’s skill back at them.
All in all, fun. Made me think real hard who to use and how to best utilize my heroes. I don’t think he’s OP at all.

10 Likes

He’s not OP, but you also have to consider him, a 4 star hero as an equivalent threat in your fight with very strong 5 star heroes.

Definitely makes perfect sense.

Which is okay. That means ftp or ctp are gonna have a stronger hero too.

4 Likes