Kalevala Emoji Extravaganza šŸŽ‰

Iā€™d like the map :world_map: emoji, game wise Iā€™m always working on the seaosn map quests completing the avatarsā€¦ Real life we did a scrap book of how far did the kids travel their first year, also did games trying to find countries on the world map with the kiddo. Have a world map and USA map in the hallway at home.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Kalevala Emoji Extravaganza Discussion :tada:

:passenger_ship:
Iā€™d like the cruise ship please. Iā€™ve never been in a cruise but I was looking into booking in in February 2020. One day.

9 Likes

I would like the :world_map:. I love to travel the world. One area thatā€™s on my bucket list is Italy. I love everything about Italy. I have roots from Italy. I love the food, fashion, and the culture. I would love to experience all of those things. @Dudeious.Maximus

9 Likes

Hi @Dudeious.Maximus , I would like to have the eagle image emoji.

When I looked up at the sky as a child, the thing I remember most was seeing an eagle flying in the sky. He looked like a sky lord beast as he flew. I really want to have this bird for me to raise.

After I grew up I just realized Eagles are a very important part of the environment. They are hunters, so they keep the animal population in balance. So I gave up on my dream of owning an eagle.

It would be very nice if I could have the emoji on this forum.
:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

@Dudeious.Maximus dos citados, escolho esse:
Pelo meu sonho de conhecer novos lugares morar foraā€¦ainda o realizarei! AmĆ©m? :pray:

5 Likes

Dear @Dudeious.Maximus

I would like to put in a bid for the world map emoji.

:world_map:

Or more properly the ā€œworld chartā€ emoji as we are all at sea and ships have charts!

This will help me navigate The Pirate Horde around the seven seas in search of booty and great riches!

:x: marks the spot!

10 Likes

I wish for the :world_map: emoji as i like to travel a lot and I dream of a journey of the entire world.
On a funny note as a ghost I get lost a lot and would need a map to find my way back home :yum:

9 Likes

To our favorite dragon @Dudeious.Maximus ā€¦

Last night, I asked the kid, ā€œWhich emoji do you like?ā€

I showed him the choices.

Kid: ā€œHmm, probably the scroll right? Because youā€™re a writer.ā€

That was my first thought, yeah.

Kid: ā€œBut you already have the book emoji, so maybe not.ā€

True. I love the book emoji. Thank you @Dudeious.Maximus.

Kid: ā€œThe cruise ship! I want that one!ā€

Me: ā€œReally? Why?ā€

Kid: ā€œBecause we went on a cruise, remember? It was so fun!ā€

I remember. It was the last thing my mom asked for. She wanted to take the kids on a Disney cruise. Iā€™d been avoiding Disneyland for years. She finally figured out a way around that.

Sheā€™s pitching the idea, telling me that food and entertainment is included ā€¦ and a giant waterslide is on the ship ā€¦ and Disney has its own island in the Bahamas ā€¦

I reluctantly agree. She gets excited ā€¦ and invites my siblings and their families. Now the small trip has blossomed into a bag of chaos.

Me: ā€œThatā€™s too many people.ā€

She nods her head. But she must have been a mind reader. She knew I was going to pull out.

Mom: ā€œDo this for me. I donā€™t know how much time I have left.ā€

I know what sheā€™s doing. I hate it.

Mom: ā€œLet the kids have fun together. Let them have memories.ā€

To this day, the kids remember the cruise. They had a great time. Even I did. And that surprised me.

She let me believe I did this for her.

But I know, she did this for me.

13 Likes

Thank you @Dudeious.Maximus for running another emoji extravaganza! :+1::smile:

I would like an :eagle: please because they symbolise courage. I messed up big time during a recent alliance war, but I held my nerve and got the victory:

10 Likes

I would like a :hippopotamus: because I am a :hippopotamus:, and a happy one at that. Itā€™s not on the list but this is an appeal to reason :grin:

6 Likes

I would love the musical notes.

I am a Christian Singer/Song Writer.

I have played and sang with several professional Gospel groups.

Since retiring from the Army, I now am the Minister of Music and play keyboard for my church: Grace Crossing in Longview.

Thank you so much.

9 Likes

My choice would be :notes: as I cant go without a day not listening to some of my favorite music (while playing E&P to of course).

7 Likes

Right thread this time!

Mine would have to be the :scroll: because I love going through old documents in my quest to understand more about my family history.

Itā€™s so exciting finding out that your ancestor who was from a tiny estuary village in Essex, ended up being a butler to nobility in London and creating a charity for the sick & poor of the village,
Or following the highs and lows of their lives through documents such as census records and old newspaper articles.
Finding out that nearly everywhere youā€™ve lived youā€™ve had ancestors in those places is very spooky and also proves that although you can take the girl out of Essex, you clearly canā€™t take the Essex out of the girl when 90% of your ancestors come from the county.:laughing:

9 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kalevala Emjoi Extravaganza Disscuisson :tada:

So, I wanted to celebrate the Kalevala by writing in the style of the original, after my Shakespearean Sonnet in honor of Summer. The Kalevala is written in a very non-English trochaic Tetrameter, with a bunch of extra rules, which Iā€™ve tried to more or less adapt to English. My poem summarizes Cantos 39-44, and manages to include four of our new heroes. [Disclaimer, all my knowledge of this topic comes from Wikipedia, so hopefully I am not making Finnish grandmothers cry with my attempt.]

Came the Master loudly singing,
ā€œIlmarinen, come with me, brother,
Yes, and also you, LemminkƤinen,
We must seek the land Pohjola.
VƤinƤmƶinen wants the Sampo!ā€
Three men board the heroā€™s vessel
In the ship the trio sail northward.
Up and spoke great Ilmarinen:
ā€œHunger drives us to go fishing:
See, a pike Iā€™ve seen in water.ā€
Monstrous pike and monstrous battle,
Before the heroes drew him inward.
ā€œSee that jawbone!ā€ sang VƤinƤmƶinen,
ā€œI will fashion something mighty:
With kantele Iā€™ll sing better.ā€
High above the gods did cherish
all that sang out VƤinƤmƶinen.
Came the three to Pohojola,
On the island sought the Sampo.
Louhi cried, ā€œMine is the Sampo!
You will fight before the ending.ā€
With kantele sang the Master,
VƤinƤmƶinen crooned so sweetly.
Louhiā€™s army could not resist,
Each and every fell to sleeping.
So the three had won the Sampo,
From its cave drew they treasure gladly.
Yet came Louhi seeking revenge,
As an eagle flew she quickly.
Fought the friends there in their frigate,
Woe! The Sampo sank in the ocean.
So our story is concluded,
Heroes three could not prevail.

Should I win, I would request the :notes:, so that my chick can start singing.

9 Likes

It has to be :eagle:

The most majestic animal

The eagle is the strongest and bravest of all birds. For this reason, Native Americans have chosen the eagle and its feathers as a symbol of what is highest, bravest, strongest and holiest . In the Native American culture, eagle feathers are given to another in honor, and the feathers are worn with dignity and pride.

To the Ancient Greeks, the eagle was associated with Zeus, who took the form of an eagle to control thunder and lightning. The eagle was also a symbol of the triumph of good over evil.

And I love this song

Good luck everyone

:green_heart::turtle::eagle:

12 Likes

My choice would be

:notes:

simply to remember that this game has a music (I knowā€¦ It is unbeleveable!)
Mehā€¦
I havenā€™t heard from it for 5 years! :smile:

8 Likes

I have a story to tell. Not like the Springvale one (which is not finished), but more a life one.
Iā€™m applying for :world_map: emjoi. Hereā€™s why.

When I was a kid, something happened to me. Like, for real, itā€™s not just an intro :smiley: I donā€™t remember exactly what has happened, but I have heard from other people and other kids. Is that true or no, I donā€™t really know and in this context it doesnā€™t matter because I am a person I am today and thatā€™s what matters.
So, I got diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder when I wasā€¦ 5 I think. While in kindergarten, my parents told me that one day I just announced while crying I donā€™t want to go back to kindergarten, but not really explaining why. I didnā€™t know how to explain it, I just knew I didnā€™t want to go back. In Serbia, you start kindergarten at 5, go until youā€™re 7 and then off to elementary school you go. I was constantly running away from kindergarten to home, every single day. I was bullied while there (by teachers, not kids, never kids), where teachers would not really give me any attention if I was running away, nor would I be included in recitals and such. I had my first official ā€œinterrogationā€ with a pedagogue, then a psychologist and a plethora of different people. I had a ā€œfearā€ of situations where I didnā€™t feel safe, especially when being away from home, which I found out later in life is normal, but no one bothered to explain that to a kid, which left VERY deep scars.
When elementary school began, I had such strong panic attacks I couldnā€™t even sit still. My dad, and then my granddad would be sitting outside of the classroom while I was in class. My parents were desperate to find out what was ā€œwrongā€ with me. It was in Yugoslavia during the civil war in the 90s, pedagogy and general science behind kidsā€™ behavior wasnā€™t nearly as good as it is right now, so my parents turned to religion.
I remember, one time, we visited a monastery, and my parents were going around a big table, kissing icons displayed there and crying. I got a little cross pendant to wear when Iā€™m feeling anxious.
When that didnā€™t help, my parents contacted a mufti through one of my uncles who was Muslim and I got another lil amulet to wear close to my heart (which, in fact, I did wear in my bra or was keeping it underneath my pillow).
Obviously, none of those things really helped. My parents are not religious nor superstitious, but I guess they wanted to try everything. They heard of a lady who does lead-casting. For people who do not know what that is, itā€™s basically a practice where someone, usually a woman, melts the lead then is supposed to pour it over cold water (or something like that) where a shape of your fear will appear. We call it ā€œmelting the fearā€ around here.
So, years came and went, and my fear stayed the same. I was extremely popular in school despite the fact I had ā€œproblemsā€ and no kid has EVER bullied me for my fear. But you know who did? Adults. I was not understood nor treated with care or kindness by any of the doctorā€™s Iā€™ve seen, I was not included by teacher in any recitals, dances or anything, plenty of teachers thought I just needed a good beating and that my worries would go away. But kids, my friends? I was NEVER left out of anything. Never.
Warping to my university years, I decided to study pedagogy, not just because of the way I was treated, but because I wanted to understand logically what was happening to me, I wanted to know where it all went wrong. I was pretty much aware of the world around me at that age, was able to have a normal life and everything, with one very big drawback. Iā€™ve never travelled anywhere, because of my panic attacks. I did move out of my parents home and lived totally alone for years, but never travelled.
Iā€™ve been going to therapy for almost 3 years now, I understand the root of the problem and because of therapy I finally feel I can actually take control of my life.

So, I booked a ticket to Rome, for a weekend in Rome in October :slight_smile: Iā€™m not nervous, Iā€™m not anxiousā€¦ Yet :slight_smile: Iā€™m aware thereā€™s a whole world there just waiting for me to explore it :slight_smile:

Okay, TL;DR. I got anxiety, give me the :world_map: emjoi :smiley:

16 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kalevala Emjoi Extravaganza Disscuisson :tada: