Kalevala Emoji Extravaganza Discussion šŸŽ‰

@Gwniver Not as if youā€™re the only one to ever have done thatšŸ¤£
Donā€™t worry too much

2 Likes

Thank you @Dudeious.Maximus

Since Iā€™ve now gotten over the exhaustion from stretching a bit of balloon rubber disguised as a theraband, I have been diligently reading and can now find the right thread.:rofl:
Thanks for my dragon again and your patience.

4 Likes

Yesssss canā€™t beat a bit of Essex! Hippos used to live in the Thames once upon a time you know :grin: :hippopotamus:

PS Bonus points if it was Maldon, thatā€™s the posh bit.

3 Likes

@HappyHippo!
I lived in Mayland for a few years until I was 5.
They came from Tollesbury and Goldhanger mainly but a couple moved to Maldon a bit later. They were mainly fishermen.
I studied Palaeontology so I know they found hippos in Cambridgeshire which is the part of the Thames that you mean.
However, woolly rhinos liked shopping on Oxford street, and the Mammoths in Ilford were probably up to no good.
I suspect the ones on Mersea might be a bit up themselves being so instagrammable.:rofl:
Should say we moved to Romford after that, but Iā€™m stuck in Zomerset atm.

2 Likes

My parents live in upminster i used to go drinking in Romford when i was a teenager to mid 20ā€™s

3 Likes

Aww hah, thank you :smile::rose:

Aha, that I did not know. I thought the hippos would be taking in a cheeky West End show. Clearly being studious hippos they were all getting their degrees up in Cambridge :student: (at Hippopeterhouse College presumably)

Been a while since I was back home too but I believe you can still to this day find large scary mammoths in Ilford High St :rofl: Romford has memories, my parents would take me to the market some weekends and Iā€™d spend my pocket money at the coin collectorā€™s stall and weā€™d have egg on toast at a little cafĆ©. Happy days :yum: A far cry from @Dudeious.Maximus 's abhorrent booze fests :rofl: :rofl: Which @Dragongirl13 will know all about being in Cider country :face_with_monocle: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

@Dudeious.Maximus Figured you were a Londoner from one of your posts, but didnā€™t know it was from Upminster, what a small world!
Goose was my spot! Although my friend & I used to go to the Lion when we wanted to chat as the food was cheap.
Although @HappyHippo Iā€™m a real ale woman, canā€™t stand the fizzy Cider.
If youā€™re gonna server me Cider, it has to be scrumpy. More potent anyway!

2 Likes

Going from Upminster to Romford for drinks out is a bit like doing your shopping in Aldi with a Waitrose carrier bag :rofl: Got to watch that @Dudeious.Maximus I think :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

@HappyHippo
Thought it was the other way around?:joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Haha or maybe Upminster is just a lot nicer than the :poop: :hole: Iā€™m from :rofl: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I say this has gotten very off topic. Although to be fair there are emojisā€¦

4 Likes

Nah i live in london finsbury park bout 13 years ā€¦ Yeah i used to go to the goose all the time, still go lion on xmas eve its a bit of a tradition :beers:

@HappyHippo i do actually say in the OP ā€œtalk about anything reallyā€ :wink: so not really off topic.

Also Upminster is hardly party central haha, hairdressers takeaway/restaurant and coffee shops thatā€™s it by midnight everything is shut apart from the petrol garage.

3 Likes

Ah yes you did but ruined all my fun with the instructions to be clean :grin: Still far more lenient than the much-missed Bard of old. If you ever cross ways in mod chats please say Hippo says hi and misses the legendary pun exchanges :crying_cat_face:

All this nostalgia has got me looking at Google Maps. Might have to make an excuse to have a good olā€™ Essex day out on the road via Romford. Must remember to take some kind of anti-disappointment potion with me!

Pulp 1997, enough said :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ah i saw plup in 97 at V festival was me first one and also the last V i went to ā€¦ More a reading download kinda dude :metal:

3 Likes

Fair play. Festivals were just too scary a prospect for me back then! More a pint and check-shirt foot-tapper at the back kinda guy. Finsbury 1997 was twelve kinds of legendary though

2 Likes

Was 96 was only a day ticket finny park has done some good stuff over the years ā€¦ They dont do many gigs anymore there wireless and another ā€¦ Rage against the machine played there after the Christmas no1 was a FB free ticket thang ā€¦ I didnt get tickets but was over the park when they played so iv heard them live i havenā€™t seen them live :thinking: :wink:

Also miss the bard too :green_heart: nah he hasnt said anything in mod chat since im moving dunno when ill be back ā€¦ Im hopeful oneday he just turn back up :blush:

3 Likes

Knowing the bard heā€™ll return one day with a wacky story involving time travel, alternate realitiesā€¦

Or maybe heā€™ll say ā€œwel I forgot all my passwords and resetting them was a pain!ā€

2 Likes

You may be right. Come to think of it Iā€™ve never seen the Bard and the good Doctor in the same roomā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s brave and beautiful.
I asked for the :world_map: too, but would gladly gift it to you if I could.

Rome is beautifulā€¦ enjoy your travels :pirate_flag:

9 Likes