šŸ† Kai ā€“ 5* Nature / Green from Plain Hunters

New Plain Hunter Hero is released: Kai

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Kai, as well as your thoughts on Kai.

Kai

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Rogue
VF
Very Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 959 896 1691
4/90 1097 1026 1935
Origin Family
Covenant of Champions Plain Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Status effect on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunterā€™s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction
This character has a 10% chance to drop the direct damage received from Special Skills to 1.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mantis Strike
  • Deals 435% damage to the target.
  • Summons a Bone Trap Fiend for the target. The Fiend damages the enemy with 45% attack each turn. The damage increases by 8% each turn, up to a maximum of 93%.
  • The Bone Trap Fiend absorbs healing and disappears when it has absorbed health equal to 35% of its ownerā€™s max health.
  • The target target gets -50% decrease of any healing reeived for 3 turns.
  • Dispels buffs from the target at the end of each turn for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Plain Hunter family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% attack

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

The damage is increase to 435% from 425%.
The healing reduction ailment is reduced to 50% from 75%.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Covenant of Champions Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Kai ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Kai.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Kai and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Kai worth summoning for?

• Would you use Kai on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Kai ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Kai as an opponent?

• Would you give Kai Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Kaiā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Kai and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Kai, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Kai when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Kai, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Kai (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Kai), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Kai (post release)

:question: Is Kai worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Kai would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Kaiā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Fiend Summoner
  • Healing Debuffer
  • Dispeller (End of turns)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Kai compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Kaiā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Kaiā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Kaiā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Kai worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Kai is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Kai is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Kai worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Kai then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

kai
Not enough this game started bringing in three kingdom characters (still donā€™t think they belong in this game), now we get this guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I really want this heroā€¦ did quite a few pulls and got nothingā€¦not sure if Iā€™ll try again or not. ā€¦ not getting much love from the portals lately.
Good luck to all!

5 Likes

I use Khonshu on my raid team and he also deals 425% damage

But Iā€™m not sure if I would pull for Kai now.

Maybe when heā€™s not featured along Hanitra and Nemo

3 Likes

Did 1 10 pull and he was in the middle. Iā€™m excited to see what he can do.

12 Likes

Is that a man or a womanā€¦ I canā€™t tell.

1 Like

Guessing man, but hard to tell.

1 Like

Agree that itā€™s hard to tell, plus the name can be unisex. For some of these heroes itā€™s best just to think gender fluid unless we know for sure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Tried for Kai, got Ebba instead. Canā€™t really complain, but sheā€™s far too niche for me and would have preferred Kai. What can you do, any featured 5* is better than none at all!

5 Likes

Yes.

20 charactersss

2 Likes

Would it be correct to assume Kai has 30% chance to either dodge direct damage (20% from his talent and 10% from his passive) or are those percentages independent of each other?

1 Like

Independent. Dodge 20% for entire damage and passive 10% to drop damage to 1. First comes dodge I assume, not sure about that though.

3 Likes

Broken with focus on attack and health, heā€™s been doing fairly well on my defense so far

9 Likes

Very fast attack of 435% with damage over 1000. Thatā€™s impressive.

1 Like

I am lucky enough to have most of the top 10 green 5* heros. Kia imo is a top 3 and extremely versatile. There is no debate, worth every mat it takes. Paired with a few more VF hero in other colors, creates a nasty raid team.

3 Likes

Wow impressive stats. Iā€™m trying to decide if Khonshu or Kai is better, given they have similar stats and similar damage, and different passive :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for your sharing, and following this topic, Iā€™d like to ask for advice here on my ascension delimma between recently pulled ā€“

Costumed Francine and Kai.

I mean, Kai is definitely a deadly killer who can bring a bunch of problems to his victim in a very short time, yet C.Francineā€™s undispellable cleansing per turn and EDD, with her new buff stealing passive, seem to be very versatile and might be still relevant in todayā€™s meta, though her damage output is kind of underwhelming.

My other green 5* heroes most used for raiding are:
Quenell, Frigg, C.Kailen, C.MN and Lianna, who I think can be totally replaced by Kai, and sometimes I may bring Caedmon for dispelling and Almur for EDD. All of them are fully emblemed and LB.

Soā€¦ which one do you think should win the tonics and Rogue emblems first?
Thanks!

1 Like

On paper this guy is really versitile and i thought he would fit in any team. As a player with rather small roster i was stoked to pull this guy, but now that i have him maxed i donā€™t know how to get the most out of this guy.
Yes, he hits pretty hard and gives a fiend and stops buffs and heals for few turns, but doesnā€™t stop that hero from sweeping your team. So am i supposed to just hit some wing with him, so there is most time for the fiend to work its damage up? Or do i ā€œwasteā€ the extra effects by finishing off the weaker enemy after tile hits? He doesnā€™t quite have enough to finish a target just after Almurā€™s EDD and for that he also needs to sit and wait for another green mach.
With taunt heroes i have found some use, vf speed allows him to hit the taunter before going off, and wouldnā€™t matter even if went, that dispel works. Sure, while happily testing this i went and hit Ludvig, and dumped tiles on him, sure i dispelled the taunt, but got swiped by the manaboosted sidekicks :smiley:

So my question: how to use him? With who? Against who? (for dummies like me who propably wouldnā€™t even deserve a hero like him)

2 Likes

Havenā€™t had much trouble with Kai on defences, he doesnā€™t really add much to synergy and is just a hard fast hitter.

1 Like