Kadilen V. Zeline?

Do you stack with Evelyn?

Yes sometimesā€¦ is an excellent hero for a titan stack. Have had some pretty healthy hits with her and ranvir both fired up.

Thereā€™s a practical level of difference between the two. Much like Seshat v. Sartana (with the full caveat that I only have Seshat), they are pretty similar, but one just edges out the other in small but significant enough ways in every category that they are just categorically better.

Zeline v. Kadilen
Boldtusk v. Ares
Seshat v. Sartana

They seem similar enough, but when push comes to shove, there is no comparison. For your average person, fighting to complete events, low tier Titans, and crawling their way to diamond, they are close enough, but at the top of the top for the people competing, that small difference means all the difference in the world.

Getting back to the topic at hand, Kadilen is the ā€œpoor manā€™s Zelineā€ because Zeline is better in almost every conceivable way. The attack down is more versatile than the protection versus specials as it stops all kind of incoming damage and requires a cleanser to remove (versus a dispeller which is far more common). Zeline has higher tile damage. Zeline deals extra damage to ice which can be devastating if youā€™re not paying attention when stacking against a red tank. Zeline REMOVES BUFFS FROM THE ENEMY which Kadilen doesnā€™t do. The only thing Kadilen is better at is the tank position, but rarely does one want to put Kadilen on tank at all.

Kadilen is fine if you donā€™t have Zeline as they perform similar roles, but nobody should level Kadilen over Zeline barring some really specific circumstances that I canā€™t think of right now.

And I think enough has been talked about in the Elkanen v. Kadilen debate in other threads of which I have played no small part in, so thatā€™d be off topic here.

1 Like

Gotta stack with her on offense too. Iā€™ve scene what Evelyn + Lianna, Greg, and even Caedmon can do. Itā€™s beautiful.

Domitia vs seshat seems more relatable comparison to me but agree with your point

2 Likes

You donā€™t take zel to kill. You take her so you donā€™t get killed.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t think about a dupe 5 until I had that versatility and variety already established in my deck. But why would I max a second Lianna? Bc I have eveā€¦

1 Like

Letā€™s reset the question here ā€” the OP doesnā€™t have Zeline. The question is, is Kadilen worth the mats, given that the OP currently has no other green legendaries.

My answer is ā€œmaybeā€.

• What are you doing with your Druid emblems? Iā€™ve run up against some +7 Kadilens that have surprised me, especially when paired with, say, Zimkitha for the +attack. Much damage, and a severe set-back to my ability to deal damage back. The extra pop from the emblems makes a big difference.
  • How many summons/TC20 draws do you normally make? Kingston is coming up as the October HotM, and heā€™s a very fine hero (or at least he was last time we saw him in beta). Iā€™d be kicking myself if I ascended Kadilen, using all my to tonics, and then drew Kingston.
3 Likes

Zim and kad are both druids thoughā€¦ And anyone that would emblem kad > zim, is nuts unless there is a gm or maybe mits they already have leveled

Valid point. I think all hero ascensions are specific to the individual player. Thanks for getting us back on track. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, say Boldtusk+19 instead.

(I get nervous when I see a BT+15 or more on defense.)

1 Like

What about a +9 ares?

Thatā€™d be a PITA, but at least once I kill him, he stays dead. BT, maybe not.

1 Like

Are we stil considering the OP? Just curiousā€¦ and a bit cheeky.

1 Like

Yea if no lianna or paywall green 5s then kadilen is the way to go(thatā€™s advice, not preference. Personally Iā€™d squat on mats for 6 months with fingers crossed for a better hero but i also dump money, if i was f2p Iā€™d have 4 camps goin, be savin my atlantis coins and gems and anything else i could for october)

What about Kiril + Kadilen ?
If those 2 gets off, that is some hard-to-crack defense right?
Or would Kadilen be better paired with a -defense Ā« dude Ā»? Like Grimm

Currently maxing her, so i try to think with who she will be best paired

2 Likes

Kad and kiril can work, just kiril class isnt as big of a threat as bt or ares class since kirilā€™s wizard class doesnt play on his strengths much

For offense, Iā€™d probly go kiril and kad if youā€™re doin a 3-2 blue green stack

For defense Iā€™d say bt is the better option and sure pair him with grimm but i also dont know your roster or much of any other info

If youā€™re just lookin to stack defense buffs, kad and viv are probly the toughest stacked i can think of without adding elemental buffs or hotm into the mix

Yeah, BT would be ideal but still no luck with him :man_shrugging:
And no other - elemental def than Jackal.
As for Viv, she is in all my dreams :rofl:

I always thought of Grimm (mineā€™s at +18) paired with Kadi for my defense, but also remembered i have Kiril, gathering some dust
Might try both and see what works best.
Thanks for the answer

1 Like

Kiril+kad would make the defense more durable for sure

But also depends on the other 3 youā€™d put with them

1 Like

I will have a lot of shuffling to do on that onešŸ¤£
Sonya +12, Rigard +18, Hu +7, Mel +12 have made some appearances in the near past.
Anzogh will have rings soon, so he will probably end up there too
Got 6 tabards and Thoth and 400 emblems for him if i ascend him.
So yeah, lots of shuffling :joy: