Kadilen or little John

So I recently got Kadilen. As my first green 5*, I am in the process of leveling her up - unless another green 5* shows up, there’s not much to think about really (I’ve already got a maxed Caedmon, Little John and Kashhrek - no green 4* left to compete). For now she’s not strong enough to use in battle yet, so I still have no direct experience. For the record I do agree with Little John being more generally useful, and the recommendation to go with him first. I’ve got him maxed, and like him better than I thought I would; he does pack quite a punch.

But I am actually intrigued by Kadilen, she has fast mana and hits all enemies… that combination is pretty rare. Most all-hitters are slow. In terms of raw damage yeah I can see that’s not going to be much, but the defense against specials sounds like it could be a key strategic thing if you can use it at the right time. Li Xiu is similar in that she does not deal much damage either, yet she can also at times be useful with her mana stealing - the point of these 2 is obviously not primarily dealing damage (and note that both are all-hitters that are faster than the usual slow mana speed). But even on an attack team, you typically will want some defensive capabilities, to live long enough and inflict your offensive damage. On occasion I’ll bring Li Xiu on a raid attack (and in war of course). And despite some heroes being more desirable than others of course, I also do agree with @Shohoku79’s view point of finding some value in every hero, generally speaking.

I’m thinking on a team with perhaps Isarnia (I have her but she’s not ready for battle yet either) and Little John, Kadilen could serve very well defensively, possibly in combination with Li Xiu even, to keep the team alive and let Isarnia and Little John charge and then deliver their combined, hopefully massive damage to all enemies. I’m thinking she would also not make the worst tank (though probably not the very best either…). It’s just theory and ideas at this point, but I look forward to getting them leveled up enough to play around with them.

So I’m curious, does anyone use Kadilen regularly, with positive experience?

I have it a long time ago and I assure you that the defense, in practice, is as priceless as the damage. If real damage is just over 100, defense in practice is even less. In defense it has no value and in attack very little, I do not even take it out, I prefer to fold another 4 * and leave empty green

Kadilen is fast, has pretty good tile damage, has a very usefull special and good survivability.

She’s far from the best green 5*. But she is also far from the worst 5* in the game.

If you base your assessment of her on how much damage her special attack does then you’re missing out on the most important part of her special.

I ran Zeline/Kadielen together and enemy and titan specials hit about as hard as wet noodles. If timed right its a very effective life line.

4 Likes

No sir, the value is zeline. Kadilen accompanies him as any other could accompany him, because he combines extraordinarily with anyone, but anyone else would do better. What already, as soon as he could, replaced it? I do not know why, every time someone asks for a revision to Kadilen, someone comes out, who also despises her and does not use her, to say that she is good, again and again.

1 Like

by the way, even if it had value combined with a hotm, that does not have it at the moment, it would not serve it more than a handful. But it’s not like that, look at the first 100, look at the Zeline you see and look for a single kadilen combining.

The top 100 is a horrible scale to use. They pay for what hey have while others do not play that way.

Also, what does top 100 make them? This isn’t a game you win…

Play with the hand you are dealt. All heros have a use…

2 Likes

little John indeed !

Now, look at just one detail, there is another post questioning between the best green of 4 *, caedmon and lianna, only everyone says 5 * but some think that the comparison is absurd (and it is), here everyone says LJ , although it is a soft green, that is the proof that kadilen needs to be checked right now and really, nothing of a round of bluff defense.

You’re completely missing the point.

Kadilens special is very powerull if used correctly. On offence if you time it to go off just before any enemy special goes off you mitigate the incoming damage almost completely.

On defence she isnt great because the AI controls her and she is easily countered with a dispell. But on offence she is really good.

Is she as good as Zeline? No definately not. But would I bring her instead of Little John? Every day of the week unless I was running a monochrome offensive team. In which case Little John is only there for his attack stats, nothing else anyways.

Could she use a buff? Yes.
Is she a bad hero? No, she just isnt top pick green 5*.

1 Like

That if it is far from reality. Use in attack a hero that mitigates very little (which is neither Magni, nor by far) the damage, but very little, to change from being null in attack, without further benefit is absurd, and more in a 5 *, with what It costs to upload it. Do you have it up to the limit? You use it? I doubt it.

How is +74% defence against special attacks “very little”?

Yes, I have Kadilen.
Yes, I like her special.

Sure it costs to resources to max out any 5*. But if you play smart practically all 5* heros can be put to pretty good use.

Do you have her maxed? Have you played with her and different heros together? For raids, for titans and for quests?

2 Likes

Good points by @Fledoble. Her special is a truly unique one, and with her mana being fast you can have it at your disposal often. She’s currently the only 5* green I have, and I’m ascending her to max. That’s me playing with the cards I’m dealt though, sure. If I had a Lianna I’d not be maxing Kadilen.

Another thing to consider is the arenas you’re playing in. Once you start fighting 9* titans, you’re going to find out real fast that keeping LJ alive is quite the challenge. Same with raiding, once you’re fighting teams with more than one maxed 5* in them, keeping a 4* squishy alive is going to proof tough.

4 Likes

I also think Kadilen is a solid hero with a unique special that brings good utility, and I’m ascending her to max as an f2p player. I think she’s the 2nd best regular green with only Lianna ahead of her.

Fast mana and a huge defense boost against special skills (the important part of raids) makes her a decent proxy for a healer… mitigate the damage before it happens instead of heal after. Since there’s only one regular 5 Star healer (Viv), this gives Kadilen a unique avenue of use for players at the mercy of the game for heroes.

That utility with 5 Star stats will be very welcome on my roster. I also think she’s decent on defense and makes a pretty good tank especially with a high defense troop. If her special goes off and you don’t have a dispeller ready, you can be in trouble. Especially with an azlar or isarnia waiting to wreck you on the flank.

3 Likes

My problem with Kadilen is that her shield protects only against the initial, direct damage of an attack. That’s great against Lianna or Quintus, but does little against Gravemaker and nothing against Natalya or Locke. I’d like to see her shield also reduce the impact of status ailments. Marjana is burn would be 300*(1-0.74)=78, for example, and Pulverizers would only reduce defense by 35%*(1-0.74)=9%.

5 Likes

That is the first informative response about her here. Before it was always because she is “slow” and slow 5* are useless…

This does make sense although I’d think NAT would still be immune because of the dispellable. Is this correct if Kad did have an impact on status ailments?

Not dispellable doesn’t mean that other specials can’t interact with it. If Natalya is afflicted by blindness, her cast may fail. My proposal is similar: the effect is filtered through the shield and is therefore less virulent, but still not dispellable.

3 Likes

That makes sense, I looked at it wrong.

Kadilian hasn’t come my way so I don’t have experience other than facing her in raids a bunch. She is effective some of the time. Probably because I focus taking out others first. Then BAM, she hits.

Far worst 5* then Kaleden are big, big boss, guardian Kong, guardian owl, Thorne, Rumplestiltskin, yuna, captain saragosta, and quintis

Don’t forget Kadilen’s best skill!!!
It has happened to EVERYONE!
Waste your 6 tonics on her and a week later you get Lianna! And then a hotm or event heroes like Zeline and Morgan Le Fay. :joy::joy::joy::joy:
I have a friend that got Lianna 3 days after ascending Kadilen :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol :joy:
Whatever. It don’t even matter. I will happily use some regular crappy heroes no one likes and beat up your team with all the good ones on it :wink:

1 Like