Just the place for a Snark! I have said it once

I pulled my first 5* during the first Pirates—Marjana. It took me a month to realize that she wasn’t an event hero! Sure looks like a piratey lass to me.

So ye like ‘ot beauties be dressed in gentleman o’ fortune, ain’t it??
I shall let th’ cap’n know! :pirate_flag:

Introduction

There is no science which I hated to study the most, during college, like Chemistry … and in my Academic transcript, I have CHEM 101, 102, 201 and 202 all graded with D. There are several reasons why I hate Chemistry but the most prevalent reason is the Law of Ideal Gases…

pV = nRT

Where
p is pressure
V is volume
n is the number of moles
R is the universal gas constant
T is temperature (In Kelvin)

I still remember that during my freshman chemistry class (CHEM 101) and as the professor was lecturing to us about the relationships between pressure, volume and temperature and how the gas laws were obtained and then later on were combined into the Ideal Gas Law; pV= nRT … I raised my hand!

Sitting in the back, the professor didn’t seem to have seen me so I stretched my hand up even higher to draw his attention … he did see me this time… and…

Professor: “What is it this time Mr.Atomic Number 90?”, the professor asked.

Me: “It’s the Ideal Gas Law, sir, and how it was derived”…" Is this law some kind of a chemistry joke?", I asked?

Professor: “What do you mean by “a chemistry joke”?, please go on and elaborate more?”

Me: "The T (temperature) in that law is in Kelvin and I understand it is equal to -273.15 °C (−459.67 °F) , right?

Professor:" Yes! … The Kelvin is the primary unit of temperature measurement in the physical sciences, but is often used in conjunction with the degree Celsius, …which has the same magnitude."

Me: "I understand, but since all matters (substances) have mass and take up space by having volume they also can not be perished or created from “nothingness”.

Professor: …!?

Me:" What this law says is that the volume (V) of any gas, or substance, will equal to zero when the temperature T in Kelvin equals zero. " … "Does this mean that the gas will then cease to exist? … Be no more? … Vanish … or most probably, will travel to another dimension??"

I remember there was like a moment of silence of 2 minutes long has passed before the silence was shattered by the professor yelling at me: "GET OUT OF MY CLASS RIGHT NOW … YOU IDIOT!"

To be continued … and what has the above introduction to do with E&P or the forum …

Isn’t the right answer, “at 0° K, p falls to 0 as well”?

I’m eager to understand how this is on-topic… :thinking:

True.
At 0 K (it not a degree, we don’t use " ° "), pV = 0
Which means either the pressure ( p) will = 0 or ,… volume (V) = 0.

P.S.
The prof. knows I’m not an " idiot" … he did not label me as Atomic Number 90, for nothing :grin:
He wanted me out because … I interrupted his class and took it to another “dimension” … my classmates might not know how to come back… from.

I tried to write a chemistry joke once, but all the good ones argon

Ok. can we do some physics jokes too?

Atom 1 says to atom 2 “OMG, I’ve lost an electron!”
Atom 2 says “Are you sure?”
Atom 1 says “Yes, I’m positive!”

Edit: You really gotta keep an ion them.

Also, a neutron walks into a bar and orders a drink.
When it asks for the bill, the bartender replies “No charge!”.

I’ll see myself out :blush:

Professors typically have issues with being interrupted (or disagreed with) in class.

Especially if you stump them. :grin:

Or, the source can also be …

@Brobb, … Is that more or less than…

P.S.
You do know your answer is of great importance to me, don’t you?

Thank you @Jedon for this enlightenment!

All the time I was thinking that it was made by those shape-shifting reptilian people who control our world by taking on human form and gaining power.

I guess it happened when I was under a great deal of influence by those conspiracy theorists, few years back … while I was profoundly lacking control in my live, due to randomness, and wanted to engage in the compensatory illusion of control … they were offering.

Thanks to you,… I now know it is not the lizard people, … but the illumaniti … with an “i”.

Peace!

P.S.
Thanks again, now I’m even more confident!
Look what I found… a proof!

Pause…

🎂 It's Staff Appreciation Day aka 'Petri Day'!

You with the sad eyes
Don’t be discouraged
Oh I realize
Its hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

Show me a smile then
Don’t be unhappy, can’t remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you’ve taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I’ll be there

I see your true colors
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow

Empires & Puzzles S2: The 101 Atlantis Pulls + the 9 Bonus Ascension Chest Loots!

That’s all very well, but you’ll probably need to colour stack to defeat a Guin tank…

Jimi had it right all along

Purple haze, all in my brain
Lately things they don’t seem the same
Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why
Excuse me while I kiss the sky…

What do you mean?

Given the context and Hendrix reputation I’m going to suggest it’s a reference to drug use.

However, as I’ve annexed it for E&P, I’m going to claim that it refers to farming 8-7, the northern most point of Isgilham and on the border with Skyfheim.

“Kissing the Sky” means journeying to the border of Skyfheim.

I guess I must be stupid not to understand the refrence you alluded to, … the first time.

No worries.
Your mind is still beautiful, JB.

P.S.
8-7, … Is he still loling?

You have been playing E&P too much when this makes perfect sense. :smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Amazing!

@Kerridoc, I have been reading too many of your posts, insights and … organized analysis approach in addition to your ability to make the case on issues related to almost every hero in the game, …

I’m astonished by your knowledge of the game!

And , … I’m also curious to know, though, …
You are not one of the developers of the game, are you?
Attached or connected (affiliated) to one of the top alliances of the game (even though, I think I know which)? and if your alliance is recruiting?

I may be a fictional Jedi, but you are … the real deal.
Cheers!

P.S
Will the cat survive?

Welcome our new moderators!

Look Ma, … I went out, … again! :grin: