Just how bad is Elkanen?

Good point. Guess we’ll see what the ranks look like next avalon. If you see 2 or more elkanens in the same team, i want a “you were right” post

2 Likes

It will not happen. Event is about good tile damage and aoe skills. Ok Elkanen has aoe but his tiles are bad. No matter if fast or slow. Mana pots give same amount of mana. People will rather go hightile damage heroes than Elkanens😄 but you will get your post if it ever happens

1 Like

Not with -54% defense drop and he self heals further bumping up your health score and not enough item slots to bring health potions. But yes i forgot how low his tile damage is, so that’s still another good point. Probably is a bad tactic to use/max multiple elks but there are some players with nothing better to do than try it, so if(big IF) we see it I’ll take the post lol

1 Like

Amen to that brother :pray: :raised_hands:

I keep saying this here in forum and in my alliance, about Elkanen, Thorne and other underrated heroes. You will lose months of using an OK card waiting for something AWESOME that may or may not come.

6 Likes

They’re not underrated. You can make a claim that heroes like Locke, Hood or Morgan are underrated or that Yunan was initially before people figured out what a beast he is… Elk and Thorne are just plain bad and it’s okay to admit it, because it does not make the other claim about ascending them as F2P invalid.

Tested Evelyn and elkanen. Against fully maxed Bruce Lee he did 578pts of damage when shot straight at and evelyn’s debut was at effect. On the side there was fully maxed Hel against whom Elkanen did 290 its of damage with the “splash.” Hel had also evelyn’s debuff at effect. I think thats quite good actually.

• Comparing his special damage with the best sniper:
    • Elkanen’s single target special damage = 3,00 x 675 = 2025
    • Lianna’s single target special damage = 5,12 x 729 = 3732
    • Elkanen does 44% of Lianna’s damage on single target and he does more still less on 3 targets.
  • Comparing his stats with other TC20 heroes:
    • ATK is low, TC20 legendaries have 715 ATK as average (-40)
    • DEF is high, TC20 legendaries have 689 DEF as average (+95)
    • HP is low, TC20 legendaries have 1338 HP as average (-72)
      • HP gained trough special = 38% of damage dealt

1 Like

Your calculations are a bit off, his damage output to hero with 700 defense without bonuses from troops would be:

IMG_20181218_151502

Paired with Evelyn:

IMG_20181218_152554

With Evelyn, on defense:

IMG_20181218_152624

2 Likes

'cause the things I wrote were not the damage dealt on targets with the entire formula and DEF reduction but with special damage x ATK score :wink:

So why not use special damage value? 300 for Elk, 512 for Lianna, it’s much more accurate imho.

It was my only green 5* for a long time and I used him frequently. True his damage is not impressive, but don’t underestimated the direct self-healing (no indirect stuff like Musashi and Aegir). He was often the last hero standing and bought me time to finish the opponent with tile damage. I was happy to have him around until I found Zeline, Morgan and Evelyn. Now he still helps in alliance war.

1 Like

'Cause a 300 on Bane is worse than a 300 on Elkanen for example.

But you were comparing 5* heroes, I don’t see 3* or 4* anywhere in this thread…

If you don’t attach ATK value then every dmg% doesn’t hold any meaning.

1 Like

Prove me wrong :wink:

Joking aside, you either have to consider both attack and defense values, or - if you’re comparing similar heroes - you can simplify it by removing both values altogether.

No, while the same target could have the same DEF every hero have different ATK score and dmg%: you should take even ATK into account when comparing their damage output.

Not sure if I follow. You were probably comparing something different than I thought.

This is a little bit off. Elkanen does only 44% of Lianna’s damage, and less total damage than Lianna even if he hits 3 targets.
Formula is (2025/3732)^1.35.

1 Like

Funny thing, Elkanen is actually able to outscore Lianna even on 1 target, welcome to our lives, randomness :laughing:

Lianna first, Elk second.