šŸ… [June 30, 2019] 11th Raid Tournament! ā€” 5* Bloody Battle, No Ice/Blue

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure why Boolz is taking such a strange stance on this as I canā€™t imagine defending a system that rewards luck.

Essentially if people perform worse than me, they SHOULD place lower than me. If theyā€™re placing better strictly due to luck they need to fix the system. Thatā€™s why the tournament loot was nerfā€™d in the first place and itā€™s clearly not fixed in all areas.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s something she clearly isnā€™t understanding, Iā€™m just gonna make a thread in the ideas section instead because I feel this one has been derailed enough at this point.

Thatā€™s exactly the same way my auto-correct changes ā€œtwoā€ to ā€œteoā€ all the timeā€¦ makes me wonderā€¦ Whatā€™s your default keyboard language?

No idea what to make of it, but I was dropped out of the tourney on day three (after 13 battles) and despite that, Iā€™m in the top 25% range, with only a few tournament hours to goā€¦ To my surprise, my defense got a constant A since day one withstanding a generous amount of attacks. Anyway, regardless of the defense performance, with only 9 offensive wins in a 5 days tournament, I would have expected a bottom 25% placementā€¦ I think this means that, just like me, lots of players donā€™t spend 75 gems to continue the tournamentā€¦

1 Like

I just wanted to know how does defense matchmaking worksā€¦ i se ppl with a or B with less than 10 attacksā€¦ i always suffer 40+ attacks
The fist daus i keep A or B defense but always end up with D on defense ā€¦ i stand in 1% but i think that makes the rankings completely wrongā€¦ how can someone be attacked 100+ times and others just 5/10 hits? This manipulates de defense points completelyā€¦ and i still cant figure out whyā€¦ tried to attack right when the tournment begins ā€¦ at middle of eventā€¦ at the end of the eventā€¦ and only in one 4* tournment received less than 30 attacksā€¦
I am not complaining at all because i think this tournment is great idea.
Just trying to understand how it work and how it could be more ā€œfairā€ā€¦

1 Like

I have posted to the ideas and suggestions category, hopefully we could get some more clarity there and prevent derailing the thread more, please feel free to discuss on there if you think we could suggest abything differently

2 Likes

I dont support the system as it is now; (i suggested a solution which its based on you finishing the battles with less dead heroes as possible >

better is to give you the points for win, and add/take points as per standing/dead heroes from your squad that will add granularity.

I donā€™t agree with the solution that @MantisToboggan is promoting for its own good and imo, lack of roster/defensive team.
give a asolution equally fair for all.

complaining of something than doesnt suit your gaming style is ridiculous.
(example: being f2p is less ā€œi want that hero and RNG should be changedā€ vs the ones that splash their a better holiday money on this game)

Iā€™m a He.

And there it is. You do not understand the issue in question, at all.

Your solution does not, in any way, combat the problem that is prevalent, which is that THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS ARE NOT GETTING ATTACKED WHEN THEY SHOULD BE.

I want to get attacked more. Until everyone is getting attacked at an equal rate, the daily scoring system is not fair. Altering the bonus scoring down to individual heroes health bars in a system where certain players are getting raided up to 30x more often than others during a week does not improve things, it will make it worse. Until those defence logs are even, the only way to score fairly is by an overall total.

Please, just read the separate thread I started if you want to understand what I, Rfm and konijnte are referring to, as well as countless other players. It is a proven, fundamental flaw in the tournament that was flogged to death in beta and ignored. Get your head out of the sand, just because you havenā€™t witnessed this problem yourself, doesnā€™t mean it does not exist. Do you actually realise that there are people who donā€™t get attacked once until the third day of a tournament?? They are perpetually stuck on C grade. That is B-R-O-K-E-N

Iā€™m not trying to cover my own shortcomings here. For full disclosure, I have an extremely deep bench in one of the very, very top alliances in the game, where other members have the same problem. I have a solid A grade defence in this tournament that is hindered by this problem in the matching system. It is absolutely real. I know how to play, and I know what Iā€™m talking about.

No one here is complaining they should get points for a loss, or anything like that. I know I personally can go toe to toe with any player in the game for points scored on offence. We are asking for either the same opportunity for defence bonuses that others are getting, or for a system that takes into account the fact that many, many players are not getting the same opportunities due to a deeply flawed system.

ok. but if no players are available for your best attack teampowerā€¦ lets say 3900, then you will be matched with 3950, after 4000, and so on until you get the fair ammount of attacks on your defenseā€¦

i think that will drop your overall defense rate to be E all tourney longā€¦

if that is a solution, then you are turning it to p2wā€¦ and only splash money players will be up there

and you will endup unemblemming your healers (with high tile damage) to emblem fast hittersā€¦ regardless of their tile damage, just to have a shotā€¦

Kind ofā€¦almostā€¦a little bitā€¦feels like we are getting close to an understanding with that post.

However, there is a simple fact youā€™re overlooking with that response: this has nothing to do with money. There are f2p, c2p, whatever you want to call it, players who can put out a 4200 attack team.

I am not talking about attacking being the problem.

No matter what your expenditure, you canā€™t choose who you fight against. If p2w players lose they can just pay 75 gems to continue. Is that a problem? Yes, and it has been established, before these raid tournaments even made it into the game.

The problem is defending; no matter what youā€™re spending, you get no say in how many times your defence gets hit on certain days.
There are players who spend a lot, players who spend a little, and players who spend nothing, looking at their defence logs at the end of the first day and asking; ā€œwhy arenā€™t I being attacked? Alliance mate XYZ said they got attacked 20 times today. Why am I C grade after 0 attacks? Why am I E grade after 1 attack?ā€

This is not a question of where to spend money or who to invest emblems in. You do not understand it because you obviously have not seen it. There are players, thousands of them at different pay levels, every single week whose defence logs follow a set pattern because there is something, somehow, embedded into the system that is preventing them from being attacked on specific days, or regulating how often they are being attacked.

As long as whatever that unknown limit is exists, the only fair way to rank bonus points is to do it at the end of a tournament. Anything more than 5 defence opportunities at the end of a week, maybe 10, will give you a pretty fair reflection on how strong your defence is, instead of a reflection on whether or not you got cherrypicked on certain days.

So not a money issue. Youā€™re missing the point.

For the record, that suggested solution absolutely does not combat the problems in any way; what youā€™re suggesting is the potential to even further reward the lucky ones whoā€™s defence gets an exercise.

Letā€™s say itā€™s 10 granular points per hero still standing after an attack.
If you get attacked 40 times during the week and 7 out of your 200 defending heroes survive, you can lose 38 of those 40 attacks and earn more points than someone who gets attacked twice and wins them both with one hero dead each time. Do you see the disparity yet?

Lost 7 times, but still in top 1%. 55.7% defense.

1 Like

@Rigs Iā€™m with you to an extent, that the tournaments are a write off. Do they make money? I donā€™t know. Do devs care about something that might not be a decent source of income? I donā€™t know for sure but I can take a pretty ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good guess.

But thereā€™s such a simple fix that can appease so many players. Really isnā€™t that big a deal to implement.

1 Like

Sorry was just venting my own frustrations with this feature

I havenā€™t read the solutions. I just see the same thread pop up every week with a ton of discussion and no improvement and feel players may be talking to deaf ears due to the lack of money grab involved in this feature

2 Likes

Day-1 : 3W-2L
Day-2 : 3W-2L
Day-3 : 4W-1L
Day-4 : 5W
Day-5 : 3W-2L
Attack Team : 2 - 2 - 1 ( Proteus - Poseidon - GM - Joon - Kage ) always same team all the time
Defence : C ( Joon - Kage - GM - Eve - Poseidon )

for who vent about this RaidT , this tournament is not mandatory , you can participate or just ignore it , dont do Drama too much and please grow up

well if you think RaidT is broken and not worthy then just ignore it , simple just do not participate

many people still think this RaidT is good feature , Free to register and with chance to get 30 Emblem.

perfection is not possible , even if Dev follow everything you wished , there will be another person who vent like you and say RaidIT is Broken as well. thats why i said just stop the drama.

You do realize the biggest improvements to this game come from player feedback right?

I know itā€™s mind blowing, but yea it actually happens

1 Like

well good luck for you and hope they will listen you , personally i think raidT is fine , not perfect but acceptable and most important thing is its FUN !! i love how VerySlow & Slow hero become important part in raidT.

another topic to just ignore the non-defense stats post.

sorry @zephyr1 ā€¦