🏅 [June 30, 2019] 11th Raid Tournament! — 5* Bloody Battle, No Ice/Blue

NOTE: Based on the volume of posts from the previous Tournaments, there will not be separate threads for matchmaking feedback OR defense team performance tracking this time.

Please share matchmaking feedback and defense team performance tracking in this thread.

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2019-06-30T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2019-07-01T08:00:00Z
2019-07-06T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Ice/Blue
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Healing or resurrection have no effect!

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

With Raid Tournament matchmaking still being worked on, the distribution of attacks across players has been perplexing so far, and a frequent topic for discussion.

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?

• How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?

• What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?

• What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?

• Which heroes make up your Defense Team?

• What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?

• What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

:bug: Bug Reporting

Please see these threads for existing bug reports before creating a new report

Click for Existing Bug Reports

:link: Related Topics

Click for Older Threads

General

10th Raid Tournament

Ninth Raid Tournament

Eighth Raid Tournament

Seventh Raid Tournament

Sixth Raid Tournament

Fifth Raid Tournament

Fourth Raid Tournament

Third Raid Tournament

Second Raid Tournament

First Raid Tournament

Older Threads from Before Raid Tournaments Launched

3 Likes

Isn’t it the third no-blue tournament in the last five tournaments? Do they really put it in the hands of RNG? Or is it still part of testing? @Petri

7th

9th

And now 11th?

Do they alternate between no-blue and blue allowed?

6 Likes

Oh nooo it’s Christmas gift armageddon all over again… :sleepy:

2 Likes

I will use this teams defense for the raid tournament

I only have twelve heroes level 70 and above…

4 of them are ice/blue (2 healers).
5 of them are healers (2 ice/blue).

This tournament is a nightmare. This is the 5 leftover heroes:
Screenshot_20190630-160418

4 Likes

It does seem rather bizarre, and perhaps a good indication that it’s RNG, possibly without all possible combinations live yet. Something a Staff member said the other day when I asked about the possibility of 1* and 2* Tournaments made it sound like some possible combinations of restrictions weren’t in the rotation yet.

Either way, here’s the history, and you’re correct on the recent repetition:

2 Likes

Should I switch Caedmon and Scarlett position?

How does Red Hood work?
Will her minions be created but they simply don’t heal? But the mana dispell does work?

Thank in advance!

They won’t heal

1 Like

And the other things? I already thought that they won’t heal but the mana effect?

It should work fine.

3 Likes

I am baffled by the… I don’t even know how to describe it. I think i might settle on “unthinkenness”.

RNG would be such a strange decider for your tournaments, especially if they’re testing. Surely you’d want a spread of data?
3 of my strongest 4 heroes are blue and green, and they have been useless in the last 2 5* tournaments. It’s frustrating.

2 Likes

Cleanse or burn - 2nd try…

3 Likes

My only other max ascended 5* are Frida and Ariel… thoughts on this defense team? Should I try a few 4*s instead?

Do you think mono red with mostly 4*'s is better than a more rainbow defense with 5*s?

I only know, that there won’t be any strong color stack against my def.

I lost against multicolored defs last time as well as my def lost some fights.

If there will be at least a red tank, your team will be able to compete imo.

I don’t expect top 1% this time, unfortunately. The top 1% will likely be filled with mono red 5* teams. I am nowhere near that level. What do you think of my defense above? I think it might encourage mono yellow attack because of Hel and Obakan… plus, Hel is a big threat.
Edit: I’m also concerned because part of Leonidas’ special is worthless(the healing). My 5* options are really limited :confused:

1 Like

I have plenty of red 4* choices i could use but would any of them be an upgrade over my 2 off color choices? The only one i consider as a maybe would be wilbur (unemblemed). Any thoughts on his viability vs off color 5* snipers in this toyrney?

Also mitsy at tank or azlar? Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m jealous of the 3 maxed 5* reds. I only have one and can’t decide if I should bring in 4* instead of running rainbow.
I think you are okay. The only heroes that someone could stack against are on the wings, which are much harder to hit. They are also amazing heroes. With only 2 rows of tiles, both on the edge, that can potentially deal extra damage, I wouldn’t worry…
I actually just got Mitsuko. I think I’d go with her. Granted, a downside here is that part of her special is 100% useless, since she won’t face any ice heroes… but she is so much sturdier than Azlar, and she has the mana reduction. I’d vote Mitsuko. I’m using Marjana as a tank, myself… my only 5* option for red.